test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] what about boting ?

ultimaiikkkultimaiikkk Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2019 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
For the last few weeks , i noticed a lot of bots in the game. And its been like this since mod 1 .... nothing changes...
Typically, they run skirmish like Master of the Hunt or Dread Legion.
How do i know u gonna say !?

Simple question with a lot of answers :
-They all have the same equipment, Vistani's Stuff for some or new undermountain for others ...
-They all follow the same path in the skirmish, they dont bother to engage the fight alone even if they gonna die a an instant
-They dont dodge any attack
-They dont press shift
-They all respawn to fire camp when u try to rez them
-They never take the reward at the end of the skirmish, they just leave it

I try to report them all with the appropriate "signal player", the game tells me i will have an answer from a GM, as i reported like 30 people at minimum, none GM came to me to ask for an explanation, why ?????
A few days ago, i ran Master of the Hunt with 4 bots in my group, i reported them all, at a certain point, we couldnt finish the skirmish coz a lack of dps and gameplay, they all left at the same second !

so what should i do ?
do i have to put the name of all of them here to have some response from u ?
do i have to leave the game coz they ruin my experience ?
or just do i have to shut the HAMSTER up and tell nothing ?

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    If you report in-game, you will not be contacted unless they feel they need to. If you need a response, the best thing to do is to email Support.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • acutetoxicityacutetoxicity Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Brand new player myself and immediately noticed this. Told my friends to keep an eye out reported same people multiple times in the month we've been playing.. It seems rampant a pain in the HAMSTER. Not so bad when there's all 3 of us and a tosser and his bot but starting to put me off doing any random solo as I seem to get at least one bot player every dungeon. I wouldn't care if the HAMSTER actually bot properly instead of crashing into walls, running ahead through mobs and immediately dying and making you waste a lot of time waiting for them

Hamster filter manually applied by moderator.
    Post edited by kreatyve on
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Reporting is the only thing you can do. Don't expect a response because any response they give can provide clues to the public on how they are tackling the problem.