test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for a good rotation for my DC

devnullloredevnulllore Member Posts: 160 Arc User
I am looking for an improved rotation for my DC. I currently use Lance of Faith and Sacred Flame as my At-Wills. Forge-masters Flame, Searing Javelin and Sunburst as my encounters (in no particular order). Channel Divine on tab (can I change this?). Hallowed Armor and Pilgrims Light as class, Flame Strike and Guardians of Faith as dailies. Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Ulfrik Dragonsyre
Hero of Neverwinter
Retribution Paladin of the realm
Siring quality Dragons for mounts and pets

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I don't think there is a single "best" rotation - it does depend on what you are comfortable with and what playstyle you prefer. What I use is the following:
    1. Start with at-wills to build up 6 red pips.
    2. If facing a single opponent, cast FF. If facing a group of trash mobs, cast SJ. If surrounded by a group of trash mobs backslide, to make them lose CA against me and to get them lined up - then cast SJ (and yes, you should pick the feat that gives SJ a higher chance to crit andthe one that gives the pip bar a chance to fill up instantly)
    3. If facing a single opponent (boss) and you got 6 yellow pips and you have decent divinity, cast BtS. If you have just a single yellow pip or 6 yellow pips against trash mobs or you are low on divinity, hit Tab and convert the pips to divinity.
    4. Cast Daily (HoF) when possible, convenient and necessary. Otherwise save it for later when you really need it.
    5. repeat...
    Others use wildly different rotations, alternating regularly between fire and radiant powers, for example.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • devnullloredevnulllore Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    Cool, thanks.

Cheers,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
    Retribution Paladin of the realm
    Siring quality Dragons for mounts and pets