test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bummed Dungeons not Doable

krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
edited May 2019 in Player Feedback (PC)
Yeah the title says it all even though its not grammatically correct.
I can't do the dungeons I enjoy doing anymore because of broken or over balanced mechanics.

Temple of the Nine Gods, the second boss fight is too much. Even with fully geared level 80s who have ran it many times in the past who know what to expect, have a very difficult time during the second boss fight because the boss spams attacks so fast you can never recover.

Castle Ravenloft, the first sisters fight is nearly impossible to complete because the remaining sisters after the first sister is killed, empower the crystal too fast so it results in a total wipe. I'm not expecting it to be easy but when you have experienced party struggling it's obvious that the mechanics are not balanced.

Master Spellplague, the first boss fight is impossible to beat. Not because of difficulty. The large fireball that removes the Boss's immunity does not remove his immunity. So there is NO way to defeat him.

Tiamat, you cant complete it because the monsters have too much HP and they can easily one shot any character who gets their threat. They just jump over to you and bam, you are dead. Even if the entire party stands at a distance, no one can dish out enough damage to kill them. We can't even get past the first phase.

Difficulty is fine, but there is a point when something becomes so hard that its no longer fun, it just becomes annoying since the pay off for success is basically nothing. If you keep the dungeons this way, no one will want to run them. IF you increase the difficulty like this you need to add the incentive pay off. Who's going to go into a dungeon and waste scrolls on mechanics that are over the top difficult?

Post edited by krumple01 on

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Inadequate testing, and unwillingness to listen to people saying that Mod 16 just wasn't ready for release. Ah, well...those things are getting fixed one by one. Today's patch shouldbring some improvements.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Sadly, the biggest issue I have seems to them to be in a "good place" that is this ridicolous scaling , where at lvl 80, you are weaker then at level 70.

While I dont mind some alterations , they went to far and makes for doing dailies and weeklies and old campaigns a complete cluster of a nightmare and boring and boring and boring.

Remove scaling in open world pve and instances, keep it , but alter slightly for dungeons.

There is nothing worth scaling in open world.. all it does it prevent us from doing your most boring content quickly.

• krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    I know we are getting a patch today, and I have looked over the patch notes. But I think just from the sound of what was written that some dungeons will still be broken or not doable because the actual issues haven't been taken care of. IF they want to claim that it is suppose to be the way it is and its not a bug or broken mechanics, that is fine but I'm certain if they keep it this way, no one will want to run them.

Cryptic, WE NEED an incentive if things are difficult. How can you not understand this philosophy of a gamer?
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Don't know why you thought the last patch would do anything about the lag...I guess the stability issues are a higher priority and it seems they did in fact work on those a bit.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • onlymatonlymat Member Posts: 350 Arc User

Sadly, the biggest issue I have seems to them to be in a "good place" that is this ridicolous scaling , where at lvl 80, you are weaker then at level 70.

While I dont mind some alterations , they went to far and makes for doing dailies and weeklies and old campaigns a complete cluster of a nightmare and boring and boring and boring.

Remove scaling in open world pve and instances, keep it , but alter slightly for dungeons.

There is nothing worth scaling in open world.. all it does it prevent us from doing your most boring content quickly.

I posted this as easy way to scale:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1248057/easy-solution-for-scaling/p1?new=1
  • lauralijlauralij Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    please correct this! all who were there could not move and use skills...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGdmqmxBEms