test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dc mod 16 - divinity and agro stuff

rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
I know changes have been made before the release but it still feels kinda of hard to get divinity back especially on devout in the middle of combat, at least on arbiter we can use at-wills to get divinity back even though it still takes some time due to slow at-will cast.

Onto the next point, for some reason i feel like the agro on dc's is broke or something, i thought it was just on dungeons because of the heals, but i was doing some HE's on river district as a arbiter and even without using encounters (only at-wills) i was getting all the agro in the middle of 7/8 players.

Comments

• Options
    foresthippyforesthippy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I agree revenantpt. I have played game since beta. I've never posted in the forum before, or any forum. However after logging on excited to try out the new system i concluded that the divinity system is slow, clunky and destroys game flow. I found my self running away as either healer or dps to find a safe place to regen divinity. That took me out of the action and made it so i wasn't part of the fun since i was simply try regen divinity. Also divinity runs out very quickly and it takes forever to regen it. The ability to use the at wills as arbiter to refill the bar was also very slow. I'm going to log on until my VIP is finished in a little less than a month and try a couple more times to see if it gets better. If it doesn't i'm moving on and finding another game.
  • Options
    steriupcoykno#7696 steriupcoykno Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I'm starting to get used to the divinity system (though I still think channeling recharges it too slow and the feats/divine glow do nothing to help) but what really ticks me off about the new DC abilities are the party restrictions on some of the heals. I can kinda understand intercession being restricted to party members, but Guardian of Life is essentially useless outside of dungeons. During heroic encounters when I need it the most it does nothing because I can't use it to heal players around me.

Please please remove the party member restrictions on this, it's so silly.
  • Options
    odt#4182 odt Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    For better divinty (im devo) regen what i am trying out and its working ok as long as tanks can keep agro, i use the feat that does a HOT when using divinity charge, and the empower for soothe and the one that boosts dg & exalt. I use dg, then exalt and then spam bastion/ charge divinity/bastion/ charge divinity and it stays pretty high up and fill in with soothe for small heals, and repeat when the long cds are down dg / exalt etc... and aa with the feat when i can. This way you need to constantly do small prayers after encounters though. Not sure what is up with all the crazy agro... seems tanks have problems keeping it now and heal agro is huge im pulling bosses off the tanks even, i even get immoveable object more than some tanks sometimes... Hope that this helps abit with divinty.
    Post edited by odt#4182 on
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Oh and a small something that might help for encounters, the griffon mount has on artifact use 15% recharge boost ability with a 1 minute artifact it helps a little (best i find is an action recharge artifact still like the sigil or tales of old with the action page, since it does other stuff also and sigil is abit nerfed)
  • Options
    foresthippyforesthippy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I appreciate the input from both steriu and odt, but i'm done with the cleric and pretty done with the game, although hoping for a cleric miracle over the next month. I don't like the way it feels when i'm playing it. It lost the flow because of the constant stopping to regain divinity. Besides that the warlock and the paladin seem to be far better healers. I have a rogue and they feel about the same, so i will use that toon for the remainder of the month then i'm off to play something else. I played through all the campaigns with my cleric and don't wish to invest the time or money in another. It seems every time they redo the cleric they make it less viable as a class and make them less needed. With the the two Dc thing really people just wanted the buffs not the character and that made them nothing more than portable buff units. Now they really are just weak.
  • Options
    rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited April 2019

I appreciate the input from both steriu and odt, but i'm done with the cleric and pretty done with the game, although hoping for a cleric miracle over the next month. I don't like the way it feels when i'm playing it. It lost the flow because of the constant stopping to regain divinity. Besides that the warlock and the paladin seem to be far better healers. I have a rogue and they feel about the same, so i will use that toon for the remainder of the month then i'm off to play something else. I played through all the campaigns with my cleric and don't wish to invest the time or money in another. It seems every time they redo the cleric they make it less viable as a class and make them less needed. With the the two Dc thing really people just wanted the buffs not the character and that made them nothing more than portable buff units. Now they really are just weak.

I can't complain about the heals but the class its definitely not fun for me anymore, paladin doesn't seem much better, i was thinking on changing over to warlock but i don't know if i have to patience to start all over again.
    Either way as a healer i'm getting way too much agro to the point of only using at-wills and still getting it even with a good tank, so i'll stick with dps

• Options
    edited April 2019
    I have to say on the battlefield devo seems pretty powerful atm not the same and as fluid yet but one of the stronger roles still, on live now all these one shots arent normal lol well not to this extent, we managed to finish the dungeons with less gear testing, tanks on live atm seem to have a big bug to keep agro and get hurt alot and clerics pull extremely much i find, another reason clerics should share more of their buffs also, making some of the single buffs group again would help alot that's what we've been saying too much single buffs now from dc and need more of the group ones, also aa ally not only party for outside of grouped content etc