test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My Feed Back (if it means anything)

krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
First of all, just preface this with, I'm not a fanboy.

I am loving the new campaign.

The dungeons are a challenge. I ran eToS and it was a tough boss fight. I play Cleric and I actually had to heal. If I had healed in eToS in the past, I would get laughed at. So I am really enjoying the difficult older dungeons. I don't want these dungeons to be easy. If this system is broken and causing them to be difficult and they aren't suppose to be hard. Then that is sad. However; I do think some of the dungeons are indeed broken.

Castle Never is broken. There is absolutely NO WAY as a cleric being able to handle the portals solo. I tried and I'm not a HAMSTER player. The thing is no one can help you in the portals. The thing is the monsters were hitting me too hard and I was running Arbiter. I can't imagine how a Devout Cleric would be able to handle these portals solo.

nDemo is broken. Same sort of thing, every time I would deal damage, I would take damage. Doing nothing, having no aggro at all I would take damage. The monsters hit WAY too hard and would out damage everyone. Their speed is drastically increased so trying to run a way for a breather, heal up was also impossible. Just the trash monsters would run from player to player one shoting them. You just watch the party list drop one after the next. Healing was just not possible to keep up with.

I really like that things are more difficult. Yes! I say thank you to the development team, you are on the right track. We just need some tweaking to some of the dungeon monsters and bosses. But keep it difficult, just get rid of the impossible difficulty.

I haven't tested out the other dungeons yet. But I will and I will update this as I check them out.

Comments

• lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Down-scaling has broken this game,

Glad you enjoy running a 20-30 min tier 2 dungeon but after running said dungeon for years in a matter of minutes, I really don’t want to spend that much time in ANY tier 2 dungeon.

Now, hit lvl 80, get your final gear and go back and do ETOS. We’ll be waiting for your profanity-laced feedback
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited April 2019

Glad you enjoy running a 20-30 min tier 2 dungeon but after running said dungeon for years in a matter of minutes, I really don’t want to spend that much time in ANY tier 2 dungeon.

Now, hit lvl 80, get your final gear and go back and do ETOS. We’ll be waiting for your profanity-laced feedback

I honestly don't mind that the dungeons are harder or take more time. But they are a tad too much when you are 20k item level, all boons, maxed enchantments and you can't finish VT boss fight.

I think the dungeons in mod 15 were too easy. The challenge is fine if that is what they are going for but as it currently is, most of the dungeons I have tried so far are just not winnable. If they don't at least tone them down a bit, I can see players leaving based just on that. Why play dungeons if you can't beat them.

A great example is running nDemo. The monsters hit WAY too hard and are too fast. There is no way you can heal fast enough to keep any tank alive.

The thing is eTos was the only dungeon I was able to complete. It was hard but we still managed to get it done. It did take two rounds with the boss but we got it. It took about 15 to 20 minutes to do it but we got it.

• rybsyngoniumrybsyngonium Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    krumple01 said:

I honestly don't mind that the dungeons are harder or take more time. But they are a tad too much when you are 20k item level, all boons, maxed enchantments and you can't finish VT boss fight.

I think the dungeons in mod 15 were too easy. The challenge is fine if that is what they are going for but as it currently is, most of the dungeons I have tried so far are just not winnable. If they don't at least tone them down a bit, I can see players leaving based just on that. Why play dungeons if you can't beat them.

A great example is running nDemo. The monsters hit WAY too hard and are too fast. There is no way you can heal fast enough to keep any tank alive.

The thing is eTos was the only dungeon I was able to complete. It was hard but we still managed to get it done. It did take two rounds with the boss but we got it. It took about 15 to 20 minutes to do it but we got it.

I agree.
    1. They should fix scaling ASAP
    2. Rewards from doing queues should be adjusted to time needed to finish them.
    The game will be on quite good state. (I do not consider things realted to professions - I abandomed it with mod 15 and this is separate issue).

Regarding going back to T1/T2 dungeons. Repeating is repeating. It does not matter to me whether it is new or old dungeon if I am having fun and challenge and spending 30 minutes will result in a nice reward. (Yes, I know, doing RAQ and some RIQ is way more that 30 mins, if doable, and that is point #1).
    If someone says he do not want to get back to old content - he can stick with newer content. But do not expect that you will get a lot of new content in F2P model in short time frame (half a year). (I would like it too, but I am realist).

PS. To #2. Please do not get me wrong. I am personally fine when I play casually (max 2 hours during one day, if I can log in) I am not able to get full daily rAD limit. But I should get at least half of this, including in this time doing some other daily activities (campaign & guild progression tasks).
  • darkstalker888darkstalker888 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I want to see what this Mod had and came back to the game right before this mod and was having fun and spent some money now mod 16 stop all progression I had even lvling to 80 I can't do now cause downscaling and/or new area boss are too tough..if your not having fun in a game ppl will leave it. at its core was a thoughtful,fun game. now less choices and weird mix of choices options for the player. ether way I think I am done with this game it things get fix or something. I came back to NVW cause I was done with WOW boring forced specs..now NVW doing it.. guess I am done for now..