test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cost of Removing Enchantments From Non-Companion Gear and Multiples of Companion Specific Gear

dionchidionchi Member Posts: 888 Arc User
For players who didn't have companion specific gear slotted on their companions all of that gear was removed from companions and put in player's inventory (or overflow), but the enchantments that is slotted in that gear remains in the gear forcing players to have to pay to have those enchantments removed.

Companion specific gear that had enchantments slotted in them saw those enchantments automatically removed at no cost to the player.

Why wasn't it programmed so that all companion gear with enchantments removed from companions got those enchantments removed?

I'm fortunate enough to have several characters on my account and a moderate stockpile of gold available, but I imagine for new and low level players who only have a couple of characters and not much spare gold to go around, since the potion drops have been nerfed and professions now also requiring even more gold tasks and supplies I imagine for those players the cost for removing enchantments from non companion specific gear is going to be a bit of a hardship...

Secondly prior to Mod16 each active companion could have had three pieces of companion specific items slotted... like rings, belt necklaces, etc., with the roll out of Mod16 now only three of those items can be slotted and any other pieces of companion specific gear, being Bound To Character instead of Bound To Account cannot be given to other characters on the same account who's companions might need those items.

I'm not immediately tossing Bound to Character companion specific gear because I'm hoping this is an oversight by programmers and developers - or at least I hope it is –
DD~

Comments

  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    I have so many BtC companion gear, the only thing you can do with it is sell it, it would be nice if we could, at least, donate it to the SH coffer, I would prefer to use these items on my other characters since they are all purple, but we can't
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 888 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I'd like to suggest you hold off on disposing of companion specific gear in the hopes that the Developers see fit to change the status on that gear from Bound to Character to Bound to Account...

    I'd like to... but for some reason I'm more inclined to think what's done is done and the DEV's won't consider it a problem from their perspective.

    We shall see.
    DD~
  • karvarekarvare Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    The cost to remove enchants is now in the coppers.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,293 Arc User
    dionchi said:


    Secondly prior to Mod16 each active companion could have had three pieces of companion specific items slotted... like rings, belt necklaces, etc., with the roll out of Mod16 now only three of those items can be slotted and any other pieces of companion specific gear, being Bound To Character instead of Bound To Account cannot be given to other characters on the same account who's companions might need those items.

    Well, it doesn't make much sense to put companion gear on every active companion - most people are not switching companions frequently - might have two different summoned ones, but switching between all 5? It just makes no sense. There is no benefit whatsoever to gearing up non-summoned companions, and just has the drawback of binding the companion gear. If you wanted to keep extra gear in case a future companion needed different pieces, you could have put the in the bank - then you would not have bound the items and could have sold the items.

    One player made the mistake of putting Loyal gear on every single one of his active companion on every single alt. Poor guy got rather annoyed when the gear skyrocketed in value and he realized he had effectively lost tens of millions of ADs.

    Anyhow, older companion gear is effectively worthless for lvl 70+ characters. It does have value for leveling characters, but seriously, it doesn't take that long to reach level 70 and get the better companion items.

    Anyhow - there is no point in giving the old companion gear to other lvl 70+ characters, so making it BtA would only have a very minimal benefit - I don't see it happening.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,293 Arc User
    dionchi said:

    I'd like to suggest you hold off on disposing of companion specific gear in the hopes that the Developers see fit to change the status on that gear from Bound to Character to Bound to Account.

    This would only benefit characters under lvl 70 - and with such a minimal benefit, there is no real pressure to change this - I just don't see this happening.

    Hoping for improvements...
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    karvare said:

    The cost to remove enchants is now in the coppers.

    Was I scammed or something? I had to move a lot of enchants with the new gear, and it was each time 3g 50
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,083 Arc User
    I think only the really old companion gear are BtC. Gear that drop from IG and MPF are BtA. And gear that drop from lockboxes and sold on AH are unbounded and will never bind (you can resell after using). So I don't see the devs unbinding the BtC ones either.
  • vendoodvendood Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    karvare said:

    The cost to remove enchants is now in the coppers.

    Yep. 15,000 to 25,000 coppers, last I checked. Some people call that 'Gold' though.

    The cost actually appears to depend on the rarity/level of the item. To remove an enchant from my Dragonborn ring cost 12 coppers, iirc, because the game thinks it is a level 1 item or something. To remove an enchant from my level 70 blues costs 1.5 gold per slot. Removing from a level 70 purple item is 2.5 gold per slot.

    The game also apparently doesn't show you whether an enchant is character or account bound until after you remove it from the item... so you might well end up paying gold to remove enchants you can't use anywhere else or sell on market.

    In my case, it generally wasn't worth it to remove enchants of rank 7 or less. The enchants were worth less than the gold it takes to remove them.

  • cyruss412cyruss412 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Is there any compensation for all of the AD spent on the companion gear and enchants?
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,293 Arc User
    cyruss412 said:

    Is there any compensation for all of the AD spent on the companion gear and enchants?

    compensation?

    For companion gear...well, you get better gear for free...is that not good enough?

    For enchants - well, you can exchange them for new (bound) ones that are more suitable.

    What else do you want?

    Hoping for improvements...
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    dionchi said:

    For players who didn't have companion specific gear slotted on their companions all of that gear was removed from companions and put in player's inventory (or overflow), but the enchantments that is slotted in that gear remains in the gear forcing players to have to pay to have those enchantments removed.

    Companion specific gear that had enchantments slotted in them saw those enchantments automatically removed at no cost to the player.

    Why wasn't it programmed so that all companion gear with enchantments removed from companions got those enchantments removed?

    I'm fortunate enough to have several characters on my account and a moderate stockpile of gold available, but I imagine for new and low level players who only have a couple of characters and not much spare gold to go around, since the potion drops have been nerfed and professions now also requiring even more gold tasks and supplies I imagine for those players the cost for removing enchantments from non companion specific gear is going to be a bit of a hardship...

    Secondly prior to Mod16 each active companion could have had three pieces of companion specific items slotted... like rings, belt necklaces, etc., with the roll out of Mod16 now only three of those items can be slotted and any other pieces of companion specific gear, being Bound To Character instead of Bound To Account cannot be given to other characters on the same account who's companions might need those items.

    I'm not immediately tossing Bound to Character companion specific gear because I'm hoping this is an oversight by programmers and developers - or at least I hope it is –

    Mod 16 also should have removed the need to use gold to remove enchantments. All players will have to be adjusting their enchantments with this mod. The decision to keep gold as a way to remove enchantments I think was a bad move IMO by the development team.
  • karvarekarvare Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Well check again, I just swapped an enchant rank 11 and it cost me 14 coppers, and most people call that pennies. The price was dropped. This was swapped from a primal weapon.
  • flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    karvare said:

    Well check again, I just swapped an enchant rank 11 and it cost me 14 coppers, and most people call that pennies. The price was dropped. This was swapped from a primal weapon.

    rotflmao you had a companion using a primal weapon

    what game were you playing

    it was not neverwinter
  • cyruss412cyruss412 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    adinosii said:

    cyruss412 said:

    Is there any compensation for all of the AD spent on the companion gear and enchants?

    compensation?

    For companion gear...well, you get better gear for free...is that not good enough?

    For enchants - well, you can exchange them for new (bound) ones that are more suitable.

    What else do you want?

    What I want is, something in return for all of the time I put into collecting the AD to buy the gear that I can no longer use. And all of the time I spent grinding the resources to level up the enchants that are now useless. As far as getting better gear for free, nothing is free. It either costs time or money. Because of this update, I have wasted both.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,293 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    cyruss412 said:

    As far as getting better gear for free, nothing is free. It either costs time or money. Because of this update, I have wasted both.

    OK, the "better" companion gear takes a couple of minutes to get. Big deal. The very nature of games like this is that gear becomes obsolete. Deal with it. There are serious issues with Mod 16, but this is not one of them.

    As for "wasted" ... well, did you get some use or enjoyment of the items while they were still useful? If "yes", then the time or money you spent on them was not wasted. If "no", than your problem has nothing to do with Mod 16.

    As for the enchantments...well, you can exchange them for others .... so, if you spent time/money on a high level enchant you find useless now, you can exchange it for a useful one instead.

    Hoping for improvements...
Sign In or Register to comment.