test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

With Mod16; should I spend the 1M AD and push my Owl Bear Cub companion to Legendary?

prethenprethen Member Posts: 137 Arc User
I have a couple of other Level 100 (non-bound) companions I have yet to try (or trade). I'm curious if I'm putting too much stock in the Owl Bear Cub as a companion going into M16 and should switch it out to something that actually DOES something like heal and/or fight.

Comments

• Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Well, you'll likely want an augment pet of some sort, regardless, and the extra damage it provides will be pretty decent, I think.

Overall, though, I'd recommend just holding on to it, and see what tomorrow brings.
  • Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Remember that it will only be 10% chance for extra hit.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    The 1M AD for the companion upgrade is a good investment @prethen . If you wait until the Jubilee (anniversary event) this Summer, they did drop some free companion upgrade tokens on us last year. It was enough for 1 upgrade to orange. That may have been a 5th anniversary only thing, and we might just end up getting meat flavored chewing gum instead.

--edit--
    BTW the Protector's Jubilee is in mid June.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    jimmypdtjimmypdt Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    Just so you know as of right now the 24th April the OBC power does not proc.
  • Options
    Jimmypdt...interesting. What do I need to look for to see that it's being included going forward? Is this a known issue?
  • Options
    quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I can't say yes or no, but take this into consideration when making your choice. Depending on your chance to crit percentage, the proc rate on the owlbear cub will be between 5% and 10%. The higher your chance to crit, the lower your chance to proc owlbear cub. Also, you will be casting encounters far less often, so you'll see owlbear cub making much less of a difference overall.

• Options
    I'm starting out with a new companion for now (the Angel...forget whole name). This way I can get some healing and a little fighting help but I miss out on the augmentation.