test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thoughts and musings

Hello, everyone

I read a lot of this forum, but don’t usually offer much in the way of reply.

I’m Solace@NamelessMystic. I’m a day one player, Dragonsbane’s guild leader, a team player, and a support class player. I still love Neverwinter even after all this time and all the alterations, and I intend to be here until the servers close.

I understand that people are upset and angry about Mod 16. It seems a lot of people are taking the restructuring of the game as a personal attack. I’m sorry they feel that way. It’s hard when someone takes something you’re passionate about and alters it into something you don’t recognize, yet here we are on the cusp of that exact situation. That doesn’t make it bad, just different.

Fifth Edition tabletop D&D, which I feel is what Neverwinter is being converted to (or close to it), is not my favorite. However, the benefits of creating a digital version of tabletop D&D are being missed on many fronts. It makes good business sense to create a platform for everyone to play at any point (new player to veteran) without having to break the bank. It makes sense to make it easy for new players to catch up so that more players can run more content more quickly. Also, a Fifth Edition structure opens the game up to more people instead of just one or two types of players. It’s good for the community as a whole as well as the smaller communities (Alliances) within.

Dungeons & Dragons is supposed to be something all people can come together to play and enjoy. My hope is all these changes and the growing pains that go along with them get us to that point.

I’m excited to see what the new mod has in store for us, the good and the bad. I hope to see you all in game.

~Solace