Why a Black Hole?
A black hole is a benign (we hope) irressistable force that devours everything in the universe!
Its a metaphor for MOD 16. With the best of intentions (we hope) a lot of effort has been invested into the new version of NVW. Unfortunately the resulting product has devoured all the fun in the game.
from 2.5 weeks ago:https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1246968/my-state-of-the-game-mod-16-testing-edition-mid-stream/p1
I have taken 5 classes to 80 and here is my observations:
1. The weekly patches have brought wide swings in class profiles and skills. Clearly each an over correction of the last. This flailing around or trial and error is not the best practice in achieving a viable product.
2. LOBOTOMIZATION!!!!!!!! Everything remains dumbed down. The illusion of choice has been removed. The binary choices in feats is an insult to intelligence only exacerbated by the fact that you can play without feats completely and not notice a difference.
3. Slowing everything down is the black hole sucking the fun out of the game
4. Why not remove at-wills completely from the game? Their value approaches ZERO right now.
5. DEVALUATION!!!!!!!!!!! Every person who has been playing this game for more than a few months has invested their time and often money in improving their characters. Character progression is the carrot everyone chases. Clearly the development team has miscalculated the impact of their effort to strip people of their investments in enchantments, companions and mounts. This basically tells everyone who can fog a mirror that Cryptic does not value the time of their player base. You should just replace the Undermountain graphic with a big middle finger.
There are lots more like perma broken quests and suicidal scaling. I could go on and on but it would be pointless.
In conclusion, MOD 16 is a new game, an unattractive game, a game bereft of fun. It dead on arrival. Sure some people will not be able to over come inertia. Some will judge that there is not a lot of great competitive titles for them to jump to. Some people will just take longer to arrive at the conclusion that MOD 16 and its design philosophy is a failure. It is a sad day that an avoidable self-inflicted wound ruins NVW.