test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Demo bug

athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
i don't know if anyone has seen this and/or reported it. in stage one, if you regularly get into the 'safe' zone you will never get the problem where you can't use encounters or dailies. However in stage 2 when demogorgon sends out the tendrils of power on each and your supposed to get into the safe zone to prevent it, if you go in and out the line goes away but you can still get hit with that disabling power. This is a bug in my opinion because if the line isn't targeting you you shouldn't get hit. I don't know if its a server delay or something missed in coding or what, but its very annoying.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    I personally do not remember I encountered the mentioned problem. I wonder if it is a lag issue as the server did not get the 'reset' in time before it send out the hit.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    it happens like 2 or 3 seconds after clearing the tendril, thats a big lag imo.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited March 2019

it happens like 2 or 3 seconds after clearing the tendril, thats a big lag imo.

If you are talking about 2 or 3 seconds, then, besides lag I cannot think of other reason because mine is shorter and do not have the same problem. To be more specific, I think it is an upload lag. What is your upload speed? Many ISP has fast download speed but slow upload speed.

What I am thinking is:

T0: you get in and out of pool. Client program clears the purple line and sends the reset message to server.
    T2: The server checks the status and it is not reset. Send the hit to the client program.
    T3: client program was told by the server there is a hit. You got hit. Server finally gets the client message but the reset is irrelevant because server considers you are hit already and considers your reset was late (although it was not).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    i have about 80 MBS download and 8 MBS upload using my USB tethering internet. The sequence seems right to me.