test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BUG - Umbraxakar's Lair Wont Activate Fight Scene

gaz#5280 gaz Member Posts: 13 Arc User
I run through the lair, light all the torches, gather all the gears, kill the head vampire, stick all the stuff on the throne (or whatever), use the amulet on the shadowfell, but when I try to activate the dragon fight all I get is a timer that counts down from 6 to 0, but never actually progresses further, leaving me to abandon the quest, leave the area, repick up the quest and retry the whole lair, still never changing im stuck sitting at the entrance to the lair to finish the quest.

been trying to do the quest since patch. no idea what left to try,
Post edited by gaz#5280 on
Tagged:

Comments

• gronknorgronknor Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I'm having the same issue, I cannot continue the campaign as Umbraxakar's lair will not Que the scene where you fight the shadow dragon. I finished it before cryptic went on a hoo-raa and started to change things around for the game while on my warlock. I will say, kereasa the vampire is literally one of the more difficult bosses on this game to fight by yourself, although from my previous run through this campaign on my warlock, the dragon is a pushover compared to her. Now with a campaign grind to finish to unlock master expeditions for my paladin (or was attempting too until i was faced with this bug). I basically cannot continue, when you activate the door to enter, count down goes to 1, and you're still stuck at the door, and will not allow you to enter. This is not the door you need to purge the shadowfell with Selune's blessing, this is the door afterwards as you walk down several flights of stairs upon entering the door you have to purge the shadowfell from. I will assume everyone else from last update cryptic had done to the preview really screwed up some stuff that didn't need to be fixed. I hope you hotfix this though, as it seems there are many that cannot continue their campaign until it's resolved.
  • gronknorgronknor Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    gronknor said:

I'm having the same issue, I cannot continue the campaign as Umbraxakar's lair will not Que the scene where you fight the shadow dragon. I finished it before cryptic went on a hoo-raa and started to change things around for the game while on my warlock. I will say, kereasa the vampire is literally one of the more difficult bosses on this game to fight by yourself, although from my previous run through this campaign on my warlock, the dragon is a pushover compared to her. Now with a campaign grind to finish to unlock master expeditions for my paladin (or was attempting too until i was faced with this bug). I basically cannot continue, when you activate the door to enter, count down goes to 1, and you're still stuck at the door, and will not allow you to enter. This is not the door you need to purge the shadowfell with Selune's blessing, this is the door afterwards as you walk down several flights of stairs upon entering the door you have to purge the shadowfell from. I will assume everyone else from last update cryptic had done to the preview really screwed up some stuff that didn't need to be fixed. I hope you hotfix this though, as it seems there are many that cannot continue their campaign until it's resolved.

Also, in lue of the shadowfell door, in the throne room, where you fight that mini boss before entering the throne room, all of your torches are offset aesthetically, could be why the lair isn't queuing, everything is offset buy a meter or two East if you're looking at the map.
  • murphystoutmurphystout Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    I was able to complete this quest prior to the patch on one character on preview. After the patch I am not able to complete this quest on another character. As previously stated the countdown timer goes to 0 and nothing happens. You can restart the timer over and over and nothing happens. I even logged out a few times and cleared everything in the zone but nothing worked.
  • oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    After completing all other parts of the quest I am unable to enter the area with the dragon. I get the circle as if I were in a party, the countdown timer starts but when it finishes I am not able to get into the room. This happens with both a full party and solo.

The vampires in this instance are very powerful. I have completed this quest on two other characters all at differing levels and class. The Paladin was able to complete the quest with the help of guildmates. I died several times from getting swarmed with vampires while trying to kill the vampire boss solo so I had to call for help. Then the dragon fight bugged leaving me unable to use the amulet until after we left the room and he reset.

The cleric had a bit of a easier time, but I took guildmates with me. Strangely this time there were no vampire swarms along with the vampire boss. The dragon did not bug out this time.

I tried the quest again on my ranger that was already level 80 with all of the new gear. He did well on most of the content but again I died several times to a swarm of vampires. This time I used a ton of scrolls and just powered through. I got to the final part with the dragon and encountered the bug described above. I left the dungeon and returned with a party of folks who were waiting outside and we encountered the same bug in a full party.

It seems to me that you should not encounter the swarms of vampires when solo but should encounter them in a full party.

There also needs to be something to tell you when to use the amulet. On one occasion during the first days of preview I got a message telling me to pull the dragon to moonbeams on the floor. I never got that message again in any other tries.

The bug mentioned above only started after the recent update. I do not remember there being an invisible wall there before or any kind of countdown. Was that recently added?
  • mixologeemixologee Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I alos had an issue here, however I was able to get through the fight. I think the throne that is used to start the fight is in the wrong place and it is also floating which Im guessing is not correct.

Spoke too soon. Unable to actually get into the Umbraxakar's lair. Keeps counting down then stopping.
  • mallofinmallofin Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I echo everyone's comments. Completed all facets of the quest and when I try to enter, I get the same thing-Count down and nothing. Can't enter.
  • badrabbit1957badrabbit1957 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    Have now run last section 3 times, will not let me enter after count down, very upsetting and disappointing, this bug has been going on for days and many other players have same problem.