test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Party Buffs gone in MOD 16 - please consider giving each class one (just one) unique party buff

motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User
Party buffs (via powers or feats) were completely eliminated from MOD 16.

Understandably so: Too many different combinations of buffs, leading to multiplicative effects and practically impossible to balance.
The new philosophy seems to be: only self buffs (if any at all).

However, now we are more or less individualists, that do not bring anything beneficial to the party (except our role).
I very much liked the idea, to help out my entire party with buffs.
Sad that this social feature is completely gone.

Would it be possible to give each class/paragon one (just one) unique party buff, that does not stack?
The unique buffs should cover different aspects of game play, so that they are largely independent and do not lead to any unforeseeable synergies.
Maybe there could also be a choice between a self buff (slightly stronger) and a party buff (weaker for each individual party member, but stronger as a combined party effect), so we have choice to be "selfish" or "social"

For instance:
Pally: 10% faster recharge if encounter powers
Barb: 5% damage increase
GF/Tank: 5% reduced damage
DC: 5% outgoing healing

Comments

• zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I like your idea. It will encourage a diverse group, and mitigate advantage of stacking multiple party members from an over-powered class.
  • mrimsogoodmrimsogood Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    Or better yet, do what they've done all this time with GWF and just give us self buffing.