test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 16 thoughts

Curious how others are feeling after watching the initial video feeds and twitch streams? Im concerned about issues in play for pallys and many other classes at this time. Truthfully the overall accessibility for new players as well.

What do others think? Mod 6 almost crushed the game completely. I left pc at that time for several years.

ChewOP?

Thanks,

Xcess
Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR

Comments

• ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    if I was brand new to the game I'd be pretty interested, like only a year in at most. I think the changes are being correctly(imo) aimed, it's just a bit drastic for my taste atm, despite all my optimism. I'm sure things will change even more over the next months as well so, we'll see. originally I was just thinking a main change, but maybe I'll stop playing. there are no other mmorpgs I'm much interested in though either so maybe an extended break and some single player for a while. holding out still for the chance that the negative feedback is just doom and gloom from old builds being scrapped.
    Post edited by ragequittingdc#8599 on
    im actually the gwf carry
    edited March 2019
    nevermind lol! I stumbled upon an interesting vid. I still see need for plenty of tweaking, but it seems the bulk of it was just doomsaying. some class mains are pretty mad but it's not as bad as it's made out imo. the biggest issues I find are lack of customization of build, and I don't mean why can't my one class do everything, I'm glad to see that done away with as well as powershare(should of done that instead of nerf bondings like so many insisted before in SKT, in hindsight, right? right), but inside a paragon in itself there's not much room for building. I can see this changing as time passes though, with the addition of new epic drops that have synergy with class powers being one way. another problem is that sneaky companion change. absolutely dislike...this is bound and expensive stuff and some bonuses are now rendered useless so I see, that speaks for itself. not compareable to outdating weapons/armor either, or weapon/armor enchant changes imo.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

nevermind lol! I stumbled upon an interesting vid. I still see need for plenty of tweaking, but it seems the bulk of it was just doomsaying. some class mains are pretty mad but it's not as bad as it's made out imo. the biggest issues I find are lack of customization of build, and I don't mean why can't my one class do everything, I'm glad to see that done away with as well as powershare(should of done that instead of nerf bondings like so many insisted before in STK, in hindsight, right? right), but inside a paragon in itself there's not much room for building. I can see this changing as time passes though, with the addition of new epic drops that have synergy with class powers being one way. another is that sneaky companion change. absolutely dislike...this is bound and expensive stuff and some bonuses now rendered useless so I see, that speaks for itself. not compareable to outdating weapons or armor either imo.

I'm one that likes to have the ability to customize my characters. It is why I have so many loadouts on my DC, GF and CW. With this update you really only need maybe 2-3 loadouts.

The other thing I dislike is change to companions; I spent real world money on upgrading mine and the one I upgraded are worthless so that was a few hundred for me gone down the drain. Yeah, thanks for that Cryptic.

The next thing I want to discuss is the slowness to combat; combat right now is lively and fun. The changes make combat really slow and you spam your at wills until your encounter is off cool down to finally kill the target. What takes me roughly 20 seconds or less now but in mod 16 it is quite a bit slower.

For instance I can clear eLOL by myself in under 9 minutes. The new mod Sharp who is a better CW than I am is doing the same in mod 16 at around 11 minutes.

All content still needs to be tweaked and adjusted. The devs even stated that the goal is no more solo runs in dungeons. That means no more 11 minute solo eLOL if the devs have their way.

edited March 2019
    > @mebengalsfan#9264 said:
    > nevermind lol! I stumbled upon an interesting vid. I still see need for plenty of tweaking, but it seems the bulk of it was just doomsaying. some class mains are pretty mad but it's not as bad as it's made out imo. the biggest issues I find are lack of customization of build, and I don't mean why can't my one class do everything, I'm glad to see that done away with as well as powershare(should of done that instead of nerf bondings like so many insisted before in STK, in hindsight, right? right), but inside a paragon in itself there's not much room for building. I can see this changing as time passes though, with the addition of new epic drops that have synergy with class powers being one way. another is that sneaky companion change. absolutely dislike...this is bound and expensive stuff and some bonuses now rendered useless so I see, that speaks for itself. not compareable to outdating weapons or armor either imo.
    >
    > I'm one that likes to have the ability to customize my characters. It is why I have so many loadouts on my DC, GF and CW. With this update you really only need maybe 2-3 loadouts.
    >
    > The other thing I dislike is change to companions; I spent real world money on upgrading mine and the one I upgraded are worthless so that was a few hundred for me gone down the drain. Yeah, thanks for that Cryptic.
    >
    > The next thing I want to discuss is the slowness to combat; combat right now is lively and fun. The changes make combat really slow and you spam your at wills until your encounter is off cool down to finally kill the target. What takes me roughly 20 seconds or less now but in mod 16 it is quite a bit slower.
    >
    > For instance I can clear eLOL by myself in under 9 minutes. The new mod Sharp who is a better CW than I am is doing the same in mod 16 at around 11 minutes.
    >
    > All content still needs to be tweaked and adjusted. The devs even stated that the goal is no more solo runs in dungeons. That means no more 11 minute solo eLOL if the devs have their way.

I wouldn't mind it being like that for a raid zone(all) and for dungeons past a certain tier point. I'm in favor for it being almost impossible to solo even one champion tier enemy, for now. my backround is eq so that's just my preference, but I get the sentiment as this is not eq, so instead I think it needs proper gauging. power creep is a bad thing to an extent, but certain times there should be an allowance for it.

for example; characters running set pieces literally consisting of divine or infernal armors and artifacts, SHOULD be able to go head to head with champion dungeon enemies. up to right around elol I would say even, and win if you have the right skill set and stat sheet. now when you make it to the boss lair? it all depends on various factors.

again sampling elol, for the scorpions you could kite them indefinently with a ranged class and never get hit. if you can get hit and you aren't a tank and you're solo, it should be over imo. if you're a solo tank, you're too weak to finish them before they finish you as it's two bosses on one hero, and you aren't a deity. forget about solo lostmauth lol.

get a group, be social, have fun(not you personally, you know what I mean)..I feel like that is part of what makes mmorpg's interesting too. plenty of people I know log in just to talk to friends they've made or joined with while <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> around a bit and checking auction or craft. do the same thing in a dungeon, it won't hurt you. devs are introducing the chance to explore I believe for better loot as a bonus or something like that because of the positive feedback from barovia hunts, as well as another loot table improvement. it's a good time to approach things differently atleast sometimes.

one last rant block, I think five man heroic encounters in regular campaign zones should be entirely soloable though, unless they're brand new ones with the latest mods. alot of the slower play style with longer encounters and dailies should be supplemented however with better and more variety of mechanics. it's entirely up to the dev team to keep things interesting in that aspect. huge IF there...big if true. one thing I'd like to see is a raid zone that is the length of a dungeon.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

if I was brand new to the game I'd be pretty interested, like only a year in at most. I think the changes are being correctly(imo) aimed, it's just a bit drastic for my taste atm, despite all my optimism. I'm sure things will change even more over the next months as well so, we'll see. originally I was just thinking a main change, but maybe I'll stop playing. there are no other mmorpgs I'm much interested in though either so maybe an extended break and some single player for a while. holding out still for the chance that the negative feedback is just doom and gloom from old builds being scrapped.

The changes make NWO more like a loot shooter than a RPGMMO. It is that drastic of a change from all the testing I have done. Some good loot shooters are more like a RPGMMO than NWO will be given mod 16 current state.