test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Any reason to HAVE to spend upspent Power Points?

prethenprethen Member Posts: 137 Arc User
I know that sounds ridiculous, but I have 6 power points unspent, that I have no clue how I'd want to use. I actually have everything already powered up that I like.

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Fill in the holes so that the light at the top of the screen turns off.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Power points are going away soon, as I understand it-so just wait until Mod 16 and the problem should fix itself.
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Do you have 124 points spent with 6 extra? If so I expect mod 16 to fix that with the removal of power points. If you don't have 124 spent, spend the other 6 and the light will go away. Many powers are not used but will be revamped next mod.

I feel bad for the people who bought power points, they haven't been available for purchase in the zen store long enough to be removed from the game imo. Another bait and switch cash grab executed by this company.
  • Options
    pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

Do you have 124 points spent with 6 extra? If so I expect mod 16 to fix that with the removal of power points. If you don't have 124 spent, spend the other 6 and the light will go away. Many powers are not used but will be revamped next mod.

I feel bad for the people who bought power points, they haven't been available for purchase in the zen store long enough to be removed from the game imo. Another bait and switch cash grab executed by this company.

You could also grind for extra power points so that effort will evaporate. They really should have some way to cash those in but with the recent example of the professions change I would expect any exchange to be HAMSTER.
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I'm guessing all of the players who spent Zen (or money to purchase Zen) so they could buy power points from the Zen Market and apply them toward a character are regretting that decision now that Mod 16 will be doing away with power points all together...

Of course the same can be said about players who spent Zen purchased items (mounts, companions, enchantments, runestones, etc.) to increase their lifesteal, recovery or whatever.

IMO accumulated power points (and other items) should be redeemable for something of worth with the implementation of Mod 16, for a limited time at pre-Mod 16 market value, especially for those players who spent Zen to purchase items from the market, but then I fully acknowledge something like this would be a near impossible undertaking on the part of Neverwinter programmers.

I've heard rumor that Neverwinter Mod 16 will be doing away with ID scrolls. If this is the case I wonder how people who spent IRL money or even AD's to purchase ID scrolls are going to feel when or if this happens?

Just one more reason why I personally find it increasingly difficult to justify spending any IRL currency to purchase anything from the Zen Market (or the game in general), there's no telling when or if any purchased item will suddenly or inexplicably become obsolete, bound to character/account when it was previously unbound or just disappear from player inventories all together.

My last experience was the purchase of several Black Horses to give to new members for joining our newly formed guild... I had them stored in my personal bank inventory and when doing housekeeping one day I removed them all from my personal bank inventory to put then in a newly purchased guild bank slots and found every single one of them were suddenly bound to character... 15 Black horses (I had already given away 4 and kept one for myself) in my inventory that I couldn't trade, auction or otherwise reasonably dispose of for more than a few coppers apiece from a Neverwinter merchant.

That was a real wake up call for me.
    DD~
  • Options
    grrowler#0622 grrowler Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    the Power Point and 10 Power Points are still available in the Zen Market. would these be refunded at this time when the update goes live? My understanding is that these are not auto-granted when you purchase them. What would become of them when Undermountain module goes live? Will they be converted to something else?
  • Options
    gethundgethund Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I refer the honourable ladies and gentlemen to my previous post re insignia:

"Shine them up real nice..." =)
  • Options
    I'll end up assigning my points to stuff right before I upgrade to ensure I don't have the potential to mess up the upgrade process and I have all my points used up.
  • Options
    havlockehavlocke Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    prethen said:

I'll end up assigning my points to stuff right before I upgrade to ensure I don't have the potential to mess up the upgrade process and I have all my points used up.

There is no "upgrade process". The new mod will just remove everything, and you REBUILD from the ground up. Not Retrain. Rebuild.
  • Options
    skuallpwskuallpw Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    there is no retrain tokens for powers , just for traits and boons i guess
  • Options
    havlockehavlocke Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    skuallpw said:

there is no retrain tokens for powers , just for traits and boons i guess

Do you mean right now or in Mod16?

Because in Mod 16 all the traits and boons have changed so won't need retrain tokens, they'll all be zero'ed and we'll have to rebuild them from scratch.

Right now in Mod 15 a single retrain token will retrain Powers, boons OR feats afaik.
  • Options
    I'm hoping with M16 that the choice of powers will be more meaningful so that I avoid the situation where I'm at now. I maxed the powers that work best for me and any additional power points are useless. I wish there was some way I can spend them that would add "power" or whatever to my character.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Best thing you can do is load up preview and go take a look around.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.