test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This game has become a laggy mess

It’s 1030 CST, not exactly a busy time, and this game is nearly unplayable. I’m rubber banding all over the damn place. MSPC was a nightmare and even doing solo runs in Chult are horrific.

No reason to really play either my OP or DC with this laggy mess.

Comments

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    I find that most of the issues from rubber banding to the game lagging is usually a result of a variety of factors outside of the control of Cryptic. This includes the following: player ISP and internet speed, distance to the server, time when the game is played, your HD, if you are wired how old are the wires you are using, router age, etc...

I know for myself I updated my wire and HD to SDD and I have had little to no issues. Than my ISP update my speed do to changes in the area, again improvements from my end. Now I do see lag but not like I did when I first started to play. My internet has gone up by 10x, i have a new router, a new ISP, and new HD. If I would not have changed anything I'm sure I would have some serious lag on my end do to having inferior hardware on my end.

Cryptic just updated their servers in September; I'm pretty sure it is not the server but something between your console and their server. Any number of factors could impact your gaming experience.
  • fede#6678 fede Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2019

It’s 1030 CST, not exactly a busy time, and this game is nearly unplayable. I’m rubber banding all over the damn place. MSPC was a nightmare and even doing solo runs in Chult are horrific.

No reason to really play either my OP or DC with this laggy mess.

Me too, yesteday I had a lot of lag. I went to other online game and not issue! It was not my connection or ps4.
    Also yesterday before the lag, I was unable to see o write in zone chat or guild chat.