test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is it just me or does really Chult suck?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Well, better get it done now while you can. Sounds like a nightmare to grind without any lifesteal.
  • Options
    pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User

I suppose just because people like cowboys and aliens, we should toss those in the mix, and hit liquefy on the blender?

Isn't this exactly what they're doing with "The Yawning Portal"? The guy doing the voiceover sounds like he's just stepped out of the American Old West. (Yes, I hate the voiceover.)
    OK, so its not just me who thought the voice over was HORRIBLE! I mean WTF? Nice way to completely destroy the feel of the game (if the Dinos did not do it).

• Options
    pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User

Barovia , the stuppid's and boring aria (map ) ever in game!

??? How? The main town was good. The ruined town was good. The area with the standing stones was good. The night and day phases were good. The mist and mood of the environment was good. The side stories with the parade of ghosts and lost adventurers and the murdered victim were good. The story line was good and progressed.

It was not perfect (what is) but it was a pretty decent mod. By comparison, In Chult it takes FOREVER to get to all the remote locations. All the terrain looks alike. Progression is PAINFULLY slow. You are stuck with all this HAMSTER filling your inventory. The story is convoluted at best (I mean why exactly am I hunting T-Rex to stop the plague?). Etc and so on. About the only reason I am doing it is to unlock the higher tier dungeons and to get some gear.
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Regarding SKT - I think the main issues is the forking boats in Sea of Moving Ice and the fact that the MOBs can hit very hard. TBH I enjoyed SKT, just took it slow and after three months had it finished ;)
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Oh and me back on my soapbox :)

With the amount of time and effort the boons from campaigns take, compared to grinding out 100k to buy an iL48 enchant ready made, they really should give higher stat bonuses, and therefore a higher item level.

So where something currently grants +400 power, make it +600 power to represent the extra time taken to get it. AND it makes more sense that the extra hard work and training required [to complete a campaign] SHOULD mean you have a better fighting capability.

I mean D+D is all about experience points isnt it?

Not buy to win ;)
  • Options
    antok500#4237 antok500 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Yes. Tedious. Never completed it. Just saved up enough currency for the masterwork recipes. For me Barovia was the stand out hit from the recent mods. Though in my opinion it is not hard to stand out in such company. Although I did like the River district though I know it is a bit grindy.