test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

can't post in AH

Since today's maintenance I've been unable to post in the AH. I can buy items if I wish but certainly can't post anything to sell. What is going on I mean every time something gets fixed something else breaks......... :/ :s

Comments

• sh00th3r3#1554 sh00th3r3 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    A friend having same problem, I can only post item after attempting to post repeatedly.
  • nativerock9015#2463 nativerock9015 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    Managed to post 2items after hrs of trying. A few friends are also in the same position. Will try again later when I am back in game
  • cubano666cubano666 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Still happen it any fix ?????
  • nativerock9015#2463 nativerock9015 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    I'm able to post again, so I'm assuming it has been fixed.
  • yogizillayogizilla Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I have had the same issue. It started four weeks ago or so, right around mod launch. The way I worked around the bug is I bought something. Then it allowed me to post again.

Similarly, if you are unable to buyout something, try placing a bid then cancel. That seems to take you out of the "limbo state".
  • sorjal#1721 sorjal Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I've found that I can post items that run into this by changing the item to be posted for auction to a few different items from my inventory, then go back to the item that gave the error and creating the auction for it. Sometimes it works some times it takes trying a few different items from my inventory. I wish it were at least something consistent in the workaround of which items to try, but even that doesn't always work. So say I get an error posting a Rank 8 Savage enchantment, I'll change the item to maybe a Peridot or some random green I was about to convert, then change the listing to use that original enchantment and it may or may not post without error. Say it did post without error, and I get another error on something different, I can try changing the listing item to the two I used previously in clearing the error. I might still get the error in posting, even though the other items didn't have the issue before. It's really hard to nail down and I remember someone saying months ago it had to do with the AH thinking your posting up a duplicate of the same item. Sometimes changing the number of the items being listed in the auction may clear the error (such as listing 8 Peridot instead of 10). All said and done it can become a royal pain to even try and list stuff given the amount of tries it may take, etc. and I feel your pain.
  • stoneryno#3492 stoneryno Member Posts: 21 Arc User

I've found that I can post items that run into this by changing the item to be posted for auction to a few different items from my inventory, then go back to the item that gave the error and creating the auction for it. Sometimes it works some times it takes trying a few different items from my inventory. I wish it were at least something consistent in the workaround of which items to try, but even that doesn't always work. So say I get an error posting a Rank 8 Savage enchantment, I'll change the item to maybe a Peridot or some random green I was about to convert, then change the listing to use that original enchantment and it may or may not post without error. Say it did post without error, and I get another error on something different, I can try changing the listing item to the two I used previously in clearing the error. I might still get the error in posting, even though the other items didn't have the issue before. It's really hard to nail down and I remember someone saying months ago it had to do with the AH thinking your posting up a duplicate of the same item. Sometimes changing the number of the items being listed in the auction may clear the error (such as listing 8 Peridot instead of 10). All said and done it can become a royal pain to even try and list stuff given the amount of tries it may take, etc. and I feel your pain.

This bug is still a problem and has gotten worse with the latest update. I have now tried to sell the same one item after selling something different 12 times and it fails every single time. Note that I successfully posted one of two identical crafted items so this isn't something that can't be sold.
  • juanblade1juanblade1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    somehow i can post items to AH IF I sort my bag. kinda weird but it works.... BUT STILL this is a bugger to players experience...
  • sh00th3r3#1554 sh00th3r3 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    I have this problem every time they do a maintenance, then throughout the next few days after, the problem gradually gets better until it stops happening, until the next maintenance when the problem starts all over again. But considering the amount of bugs they're probably working on atm I doubt a non-game-breaking bug is gonna get much of their attention, more of an annoyance than anything, id much rather hear that they were concentrating on fixing mod 16 issues than this issue ;)
  • stoneryno#3492 stoneryno Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I just realized when I replied to this previously that this was in the xbox forum. I'm not sure if the AH is universal. My experience is on the PC and I'll add that it also appears to coincide with them performing maintenance. For weeks now the problem was gone. This morning they did maintenance and the problem is back I had to exit the game completely and login etc for about half of the dozen or so items I attempted to post.