test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Professions less anoying

lordrhavinlordrhavin Member Posts: 160 Arc User
Two little things, easy to implement:
  • Could you please give us some little icon (or a different tile color) for items currently needed by the South Sea Commission?
  • Could you please put some info of how much we currently have in stock of an item right beside the item in the left menu overview? Like this: Mithtral Ingot (5/17).

Comments

• Options
    mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    Not quite sure what you mean by "left menu overview". A screenshot might help.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    I assume he means:
    In the task or gather windows, there is a list of items you can choose to do or gather.
    For example, Maple Lumber, Ash Lumber, .... Oak Lumber.

He wants to see; Maple Lumber (5/4), Ash Lumber (7/11), ... Oak Lumber (0/0).

I assume the first number is for the number of "normal" item you have and the 2nd number is for the "+1".
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    Could we please just get the old system back, you know, the system the vast majority of players actually participated in? Yeah, I have worked in enough places to know that mistakes from the boss are never acknowledged and you are stuck with X software system or process till they leave.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    I prefer this new system, thank you.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    greywynd said:

Me too. I tried to do MC in the old system and gave up because although I had almost everything "needed", it was still very painful and costly (in terms of AD) to even reach MC 1. For the new system, I can reach at least MC 1 for all profession within one character without costing me an AD.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    greywynd said:

And some do... but the drop off in participation in professions is significant. And there is little indication that the professions change = greater profit for Cryptic. So vastly less participation, no increase in profit, what was the point?
  • Options
    edited February 2019

greywynd said:

And some do... but the drop off in participation in professions is significant. And there is little indication that the professions change = greater profit for Cryptic. So vastly less participation, no increase in profit, what was the point?
    Is there a drop off beyond those who did only leadership?
    I see the price in AH is dropped significantly comparing with before mod 15.
    That could be a turn off for some but it also indicate more are doing it.
    May be there are a lot of drop off but a lot also started to participate.
    When I check the guild roster, I saw many were in "Workshop".
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    Suffice to say some like the new professions changes - some don't (add me to the latter catagory), that really isn't an issue as far as I'm concerned because professions have changed, aren't likely to be changed back so it is what it is and everyone has to learn to deal with it as they see fit.

What's most annoying for me is material gathering where all the materials gathered come back high quality instead of standard and there doesn't appear to be anyway to choose between gathering higher quality materials -vs- standard materials...

As it is almost every raw material item I get is of higher quality, consequently that means it can only be used to produce higher quality 1+ items not standard items and that is frustrating beyond words for me.
    DD~