test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Soulforged Enchantment Feedback

yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
edited February 2019 in Player Feedback (PC)
After running for quite some time with a soulforged enchant of various ranks, from lesser to an unparalleled, i can safely say that it's perhaps one of the enchantments, with the greatest diminishing returns for leveling it up. A lesser soulforged gives you 80% of what an unparalleled offers, in terms of usefullness, removing all incentive to level it up. Unlike other enchantments that are either very good or useless , soulforged is good at lesser rank and that's it.....after that nothing or very little. Some rework ideas are as follows: 1) The ability to ressurect the player could become accessible at Transcedent level and at lesser rank it does something else,like preventing injuries from dying or 2) Maybe you could make it so that at unparalleled level when you do get resurrected you're also restored to full health or 3) The cooldown is further reduced by 5 seconds for every level above perfect so that at Unparalleled level it's reduced to 60 seconds instead of the 75 where it's at now or 4) Something i can't think of and you ,the Devs , consider appropriate. However, to be honest , an overhaul/rework of all enchantments is needed badly and soulforged is just the tip of the iceberg.
It's BUGS bunny i tell you.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    There is nothing new. Almost everyone knew there is no point to upgrade it when it was introduced. It is also an "advantage' of this enchantment (as a cheap armor enchantment) because it is the only enchantment you don't need to upgrade.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User

There is nothing new. Almost everyone knew there is no point to upgrade it when it was introduced. It is also an "advantage' of this enchantment (as a cheap armor enchantment) because it is the only enchantment you don't need to upgrade.

Just because it's not something new doesn't mean it should be so. Also not needing to upgrade it is not an advantage but a flaw since enchants are supposed to be upgraded,within the context of the game, so as to gain new effects and give you a feeling of progression.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited February 2019

Just because it's not something new doesn't mean it should be so. Also not needing to upgrade it is not an advantage but a flaw since enchants are supposed to be upgraded,within the context of the game, so as to gain new effects and give you a feeling of progression.
    You are right but all these years there is almost nobody cares about that. The flaw is an "advantage" (note: I double quoted it) because it has been used as an entry level enchantment, most people would not be tempted or trapped to waste resource on it and then find out they need to switch to a better and a lot more expensive enchantments. IMO, improving it only improves the 'trap'.

Unless they change the basic idea of soulforge, this enchantment has one basic requirement. It needs you to die to trigger it. The less you die, the less useful it is no matter how great the ability is. Player will eventually understand there is no point to waste a armor enchantment slot to deal with after death (which probably happens once a long while) instead of preventing death/damage and switch to something else without thinking they loss a big investment to upgrade soulforge.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Soulforged gives you back more HP as it improves. Take Chult, for instance, if you're in the path of a t-rex when it charges, it is the difference between dying when you hit the ground or getting back up with some HP.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.