test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Treating people fairly

benyrbenyr Member Posts: 238 Arc User
edited January 2019 in Player Feedback (PC)
I just wanted to put my thoughts down about the recent problems with the CTA event and the bug preventing the token of hero's dropping, on the off chance any Devs happen to read it.
Initially I was really happy with the concept of the CTA season, because as a long time player with 8 Toons all between 15k IL and 19.5k IL I'd long since stopped running special events due to the lack of variety, challenge or decent rewards. This is important as CTA Skirmishes themselves are a classic example of overly easy boring content id normally pay no attention too, just like the last Winter Festival, Portabellos's campaign etc etc.
However having read the event details I decided that running a quick boring skirmish 10 times a day for three days was worth it to eventually try the new weapon set on one of my alts. I did not want to bother with the mount or weapon sets on any other Alt as i felt 30 runs was about my tolerance level for this type of content.
As i type this today I have not, as planned, run 30 skirmishes over 3 days, i've run over 90 skirmishes over 6 days and still only have 2 tokens despite you attempting to fix the event at least twice, and following all the forum theory on what was causing the bug.
Now i appreciate bugs are a fact of life when it comes to games like this, and i appreciate your efforts in trying to fix them. However I do find your solution to the issue entirely unacceptable. Extending the event again and again so I have to run even more skirmishes I don't enjoy is not satisfactory customer service, it feels like i'm being fobbed off and taken for granted. Forcing me to play content i don't want to play to get what i'm already entitled to by your own published rules is not a great way to retain a player base.
I cant help but compare this to the hunt exploit bug of last year, when it was proven the capability to track who had done what and roll back rewards was possible when the bug in question is detrimental to Perfect World. And all i'm asking is you treat bugs that unfairly disadvantage your player base with the same level of severity as you treat bugs which unfairly advantage the player base.
I can see no rational argument for you not working out how many runs each of your players has completed on this event, and rather than asking them to run the Skirmish yet more times simply credit the account with one token per 10 runs, if required splitting those token out across multiple Toons so none end up with more than the 3 they were supposed to be able to obtain. In my case that would mean giving the Toon I ran the event on 1 more token to take it up to three, and choosing 2 random (active) toons to give 3 token each to. After all i've taken the time to run 90 Skirmishes, by your own event rules my reward for that effort should be 9 tokens.
In summary treat your player base fairly, its all we ask and its not unreasonable.
Post edited by benyr on