test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OMG! ASFASFAASFASDF *FIX* Ballad of Baphomet already!!!!

methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
I am so SICK and TIRED of getting stuck on the wall, using duelist flurry while fighting Baphoment. This has been going on for YEARS! It's annoying as FSSAK! -_-

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,138 Arc User
    So don't fight near the barrier.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    greywynd said:

So don't fight near the barrier.

It is a bug and should be fixed. I would not hold my breath.
    Neither would I at this point. Suffered it myself several times. Which is how I learned not to fight near the barrier.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    the only bug i found so far is even dodging from the "petrified" ecounter from the animation and the hit on player is not synch, i sometimes i get hit even if im running away and it pull me to the place it is suppoed to get me "petrified".
    Baphomet cheats. He always has. If you're in the red when he starts casting Wall of Stone, odds are, even if you get out of the red, you'll still be trapped in stone.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,374 Arc User
    You can wait for them to fix it (if they will fix it). Or, you do the workaround and that is never put yourself between the big guy and the barrier.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    You're fighting in a circle. You're always between the big guy and the barrier.
    greywynd said:

You're fighting in a circle. You're always between the big guy and the barrier.

You are right. I should rephrase that as you should always stay between the big guy and the center of the arena.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    So you're saying, "Duellist Fury is my crutch and i don't want to give it up."
    >insert Rickroll here<
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    greywynd said:

>insert Rickroll here<</p>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
    Well, I wasn't going to do it.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Well.. my tr quit because of the same bug doing these weeklies.. my tr isnt powerful.. its pathetic, but before this was a thing all the time being pushed , then stuck in the wall, I would do it weekly.

now I just skip it.. forget it.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I do it on 2 or 3 TR a week. As said above, stay in the middle so that Baphomet is always between you and the edge.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    As far as I concern, this is not a TR only problem. It is TR experience more because of he can trigger that from his own action. For other classes, one can be knocked out from the arena usually by Minsc or some kind of explosion. The only safe way is to stay between the center and the big guy.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I have never been sent over with any other class.. I do it with every other class except tr.. yes you can stay in the middle, but if you have a weaker tr, its harder, as the other mobs that fight at range, can actually kill you =P .

Yes my tr is completely pathetic.. but hey, the answer isnt .. fight in the middle.. the answer is for them to solve the bug that is allowing the tr to get through the barrier.
    edited January 2019

I have never been sent over with any other class.. I do it with every other class except tr.. yes you can stay in the middle, but if you have a weaker tr, its harder, as the other mobs that fight at range, can actually kill you =P .

Yes my tr is completely pathetic.. but hey, the answer isnt .. fight in the middle.. the answer is for them to solve the bug that is allowing the tr to get through the barrier.

My GWF and DC were knocked out of arena. They had fun to explore the 'underworld'. Usually, it needs multiple events, such as: stoned by the big guy, Minsc uses his 'rush' power in the proper angle to send me out.

For my TR, I actually could fight/kill the big guy when I was outside. That was kind of fun. :)
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I have gotten my pet to kill Baphomet when I got knocked outside the wall but not off the platform.

I hate Minsc so much. Kill him every time he spawns, even if it makes the fight longer.

and yes, it would be awesome if this got fixed but not holding my breath.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I get knocked out of the world too. As I only do this 8 times a week, it is still very annoying. I waited for my companion to kill him and then used a teleport scroll to leave. Besides this glitch and others, it is an awful quest, done horribly wrong!

Here is how I would have done it;
    First the bard would sing the ballad not tell it. Next you would NOT play yourself but in character only of a hero who accompanied you. For example, if you are a DC you would appear as Celeste (appearance only) you still play with your skill set. Upon winning as the DC, the ballad would conclude with "and that is how Celeste beat Baphomet." There are enough classes present that a substitute hero would get the credit for killing Baphomet and the story would be very wrong as Battlehammer says to you.

The things to fix (from a Foundry author point of view) the floor needs an invisible barrier so you can't fall through. Otherwise you should teleport to the center of the room, if you did fall under. Visually they need to dispose of the Baphomet model after the melt death or upon skip of cut scene.

However I don't expect the developers will work on what they are not being paid to do. This module is old and ignored by the upper management, it would only get attention, if there was an exploit.
    wb-cenders.gif