test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 15 Feedback

sumplkrum#5169 sumplkrum Member Posts: 34 Arc User
edited January 2019 in Player Feedback (Xbox One)
My opinions and feedback ... because I know you're dying to hear them. :)

Not having to pick loot up:
Awesome! a lot less clicking.

Professions:
I really like the new professions system. My only gripe would be ther performance of the interface. Switching tabs and waiting for fields to update tends to lag badly. Using your morale to make lots of items can be painfully slow at times.

Campaign:
Only played it a little bit. I started playing Neverwinter six months ago. Althought the dialog looks amusing, I'm not in any rush to do level 15 dungeons that look pretty much the same as ones I finished not too long ago.

VIP Seal Vendor:
Cool to have it summonable, especially when the guild is doing dragonflights. ... She's different from the normal seal vendor though in that she doesn't sell gear for other classes so I can send them to alts. — Maybe that could be added?

Rerolls:
Cool. Daily keys were annoying. It's nice to not have to think about. Rerolls give you the freedom to use when you wish.

No Salvage:
I didn't rely a lot on salvage before, so I'm fine with the changes. I think tons of gear will be a lot more affordable on AH now since it isn't all being salvaged away.

Guild Donations:
Professions supplies and Gear donations are always going to be full unless people get together to make temp guilds. The new changes really encourage this because otherwise you're missing out on tons of guild marks. There's probably a better solution because I doubt that's what devs intend.

---------

Bugs:

On the vendor sell page, 'Sell all Treasures' doesn't work. I'm assuming you already know this and it's a consequence of the emergency hot fix.

Professions tabs sometimes don't update (when clicking to choose an artisan or tool), or take so long to update that it looks like you don't have an artisan or tool available, when in fact you do.

Auction House: Chultan Profession Supplies are filed under 'Miscellaneous' instead of the 'Profession Supplies' category. There was a bunch of stuff I couldn't find and it took me a while to figure it out. Was like that before mod 15, but was expecting it to get fixed since the profession rework happened.

Thanks for the game. Cheers
Post edited by sumplkrum#5169 on

Comments

• fluffyr00fluffyr00 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Why isnt there an option to change the auto pick up loot rarity? I dont care for green items filling up my inventory
    "Patching the patch that patched the patch"
  • geminisky59#9345 geminisky59 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    As a mastercrafter please tell me how I wasn’t shafted with this new mod? Before the mod I had. 95% success rate on completing high end items, Now even with an epic artisan the best I can get is 69 % unless I want to craft expensive supplements that maybe will get me another 5 % increase. Speaking of artisans..most of the epics artisan I had as resources were completed lost. My alt had with NO mastercrafting has the same # of unlocks as my majn that has many more artisans. I feel that you have completely shafted the people that have already invested so much zen into professions. I think you should have given mastercarfters mor artisan unlocks and options than what was presented in mod15.
  • asa#5821 asa Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    OK , so I have 11 toons all had lvl 25 Leadership , well only 2 were actually able to finish the tutorial , 9 ae stuck at not being able to turn in the Box irems ... Then in the middle of my tasking today Moral cost to create items more then doubled , task that cost 2 moral jumped to 5 , whats going on ??? The game is turning into pandoras box ... I went around the the different Zones , there is less then 2000 people on I'd say ... Sad there seems to be an exodus happening ... I love the game , but seems things stay broke longer then they stay fixed , and if its not that throw a wrench in the gog and Double Moral on professions , what gives DEVS ???
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    > @asa#5821 said:
    > Then in the middle of my tasking today Moral cost to create items more then doubled , task that cost 2 moral jumped to 5 , whats going on ???

Double Professions event cuts morale costs in half. Lower level tasks normally cost 5 morale, during the event they cost 2.
  • sumplkrum#5169 sumplkrum Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2019

Using your morale to make lots of items can be painfully slow at times.

To follow up on this, the performance of the Morale window seems to be greatly affected by your ping/server connectivity. ... If your ping is great, you can just hold the A button down and make all your items. ... BUT, if your ping is even slightly not fantastic, you'll have to click A for each item – which for ingredient-type items may be 80 times of terrible slog-clicking.

There must be a better way to batch-use your morale ... and Yes, I could place an order, but then I can't gather the ingredients I need to make the items because the delivery box will be full in no time.
  • cptsternn#2510 cptsternn Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I'm quite happy with Mod 15 as well. I echo pretty much the same thing the OP said.
  • silvershard#4275 silvershard Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    fluffyr00 said:

Why isnt there an option to change the auto pick up loot rarity? I dont care for green items filling up my inventory

This...

Would it be really hard to offer the option of the current method or reverting to the old one?
    Let me choose... if I want the Green +3 Sword Knot of Inconsequence, I'm prepared to go to the extreme length of pressing one button to pick it up, I can handle the extra exertion involved.

It's not like you auto-pickup everything anyway. Certain blue items, all stronghold treasure vouchers, and other stuff I can't recall off the top of my head, still need picking up.

The new Campaign is... (I'll try and be positive...) it's... errr... OK here goes... it doesn't take up much of my time... there.

I don't know how the loss of salvage is affecting other people so much, I can only speak for myself and say that it's so easy to make rAD now that I've stopped doing the basic weeklies. (Just ran FBI on my Pally and got just under 50K from that one run, add the Shard conversion and its over 50k for 1 ARQ.)
    But I can see how people who spent money to buy alts for the express purpose of farming and storage, the lack of transferable salvage will feel like another kick in the vitals.
    Just a suggestion but, in future, if something is "not working as intended" how about the first course of action be... Tell us how it is intended to work before slam nerfing it? I know, most folk will ignore that and keep doing it anyway, but at least then we don't feel like we're being slapped for doing something wrong when we didn't know it was wrong. If we know we're doing it wrong... it's then OUR fault if it gets nerfed.
    Just a suggestion.

I had been dreading the "Character Balancing" for the TR, and it is bad. I understand the power looping needed nerfing, but
    so many things that weren't broken are now really broken. You could start fixing them by something simple like making ITC work when you press the button... just another suggestion... it's supposed to be a fast acting response to a big red zone on the floor. (or even a small red zone)
    You balanced GWF by giving all Paragons a slice off the most popular paragon path's capstone Feat, giving more power to the lesser paragons. You balanced TR by cutting the most popular paragon off at the knees bringing the most powerful down to compare with the lesser.
    If the approach is imbalanced, the outcome will be.

As I understand it, the guy doing the project left.
    Please tell us that the lack of response to all that Feedback on the Preview Server will be revisited and acted upon by (again... just a suggestion) a team this time?

Using your morale to make lots of items can be painfully slow at times.

... the performance of the Morale window seems to be greatly affected by your ping/server connectivity. ... If your ping is great, you can just hold the A button down and make all your items. ... BUT, if your ping is even slightly not fantastic, you'll have to click A for each item – which for ingredient-type items may be 80 times of terrible slog-clicking.
    I've noticed this a few times as well.
    Very irksome.
    Maybe that's why the auto-pickup is mandatory... fear of lawsuits from RSI sufferers.
  • scntyboy#8080 scntyboy Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    The new campaign is definitely NOT alt friendly. 1 repeatable quest. Then a hour wait. For 5 lousy acorns. So 8-10 hours, after weeklies, to make out per toon. We need another repeatable with no wait times just like every zone beforehand
  • silvershard#4275 silvershard Member Posts: 95 Arc User

The new campaign is definitely NOT alt friendly. 1 repeatable quest. Then a hour wait. For 5 lousy acorns. So 8-10 hours, after weeklies, to make out per toon. We need another repeatable with no wait times just like every zone beforehand

I wasn't going to say anything about that, because frankly I've paid no attention to anything that any of those AI prawns say or do, and have just been following the trails and clicking on anyone with a form of punctuation on their head and then speed-clicking through to get through it as fast as possible.

I thought I'd just completely missed a really important thing and was missing out on what must be "the other repeatable questlines".

When I realised that making you repeat a quest you'd just done because "Oh, that Jim... he's such a joker" was their idea of comedy, I knew it would be a very short relationship I'd be having with that set of clowns.
    So I've skipped every cutscene, ignored every conversation and rolled my eyes at every prolonged rattling off of what I assume is, to some, pure comedy gold in the dungeons.

I thought, "Oops... you've clearly missed a very vital part of the campaign that moves the whole thing forward."

Turns out I hadn't after all.

Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.