test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Companions and whatever

diegoalves21diegoalves21 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
Just to make sure I'm starting the year with some new (bad) ideas.
1: I was thinking on a new model of skirmish, a kind of survive as long as you can. Just a 15~20 minutes skirmish, solo playable, with monsters coming to kill you, with 5 waves or so, you beat it with gold rank. Monsters from ESoT to CR increasing difficulty each wave. (Differently from IG only monsters and difficulty, not map changes and madness.)
2: Companions, a system of disassemble or release or (whatever you want to call it), composed by a trade for the companion to get companion upgrade tokens. Could've be made in the great emporium with NPC.

Comments

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    sure! I get unlimited comps for free! Ill take the free upgrades!

Which is why they wont do #2..
    as per #1..

Other games have wave skirms .. and usually no one ends up playing them.. because they can run forever (been in some for 1.5 hours) that had no ending, you were rewarded based on how many waves you did, but the rewards were pretty much always the same after 5 waves to 50.. they NEVER really rewarded you to get past 5-10 max on these on any mmo I played, so no one did them more then once, because they were time consuming and un rewarding. Why do a 1.5 skirm for 10 tokens of X, when you could do a 1.5 hour raid for 500 x tokens.. and because sure, say after wave 20.. it got sort of difficult... they knew it wasn't really mechanics at all based, just pure healing/killing power.. so they were never going to rewards you on it.

Lotro when they didnt have time to give us new content due to changes .. released Raid Skirms.. I actually have to tell you they were pretty fun to start with. + you could get your second ages doing them.. which as a plus, as not everyone could do the longer t1 raids .. so it helped out everyone.