test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Google is wrong and Cryptic is right?

naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
Well, they had this issue before, and they addressed it once. But:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/188251122828443658/532969912331665423/unknown.png

So, what is going on?

Comments

• Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    They forgot that UTC is pacific time +8 in the winter, it was pacific +7 before the clocks went back. Probably copy/pasted an old message
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    They're 1 hour off - probably whatever they use to convert the time is stuck in daylight savings time, even though that shouldn't kick in until March. To make matters even MORE kooky, California voted to keep daylight savings time in place permanently. Proposition 7 passed, now the California legislature has to approve it in both houses with a 2/3 majority...... maybe it will pass though, other states (Arizona for example) have done similar things. I wouldn't pay attention to the UTC listing to be honest, and just know that the time is listed in Pacific Time and just do the calculation to your timezone yourself. For example, just ask Google "6am PT is what time in CET" or whatever.
  • Options
    Actually, nevermind, think I just figured the issue.

UTC has no daylight saving time, so when California goes into DST, your 7 hour difference is fine. But on winter there will be an extra hour difference. But this is Neverwinter, so...

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/188251122828443658/532973976289542148/unknown.png
  • Options
    @kvet That is a fine answer. Yeah, base your calculation on PT and forget the listed UTC. Funny thing is that I already reported this one year ago, they realized it, fixed it once, and now I noticed they are doing it again.

P.S.: A friend pointed out my mistake though. I was assuming UTC was for the regular UTC coordinated universal time. It is actually the other UTC: Universal Time Cryptic.