test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Click player menu getting in the way of object interaction. (added solution)

jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
edited December 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
Original title "Out of my way Fatso before i invite you to party"

Players they get in the way when i want to interact with items (case example Telescope/talk to NPC) but instead of being able to do so i get the click player menu i am aware of an imput command that prevents this however i have had no luck in using it. So should players go on a diet or is there another way (or some help with this command) i can use to cut down/eliminate this issue which FREQUENTLY interferes with my experience.

------------------------------------------
Alrighty i am gonna repost the quote from hanniblesmith so this info is at the top for anyone who comes to this thread

I thought the dinosaur mounts were bad but they just 1-upped it with the Yeti mount :(

Try going to keyboard options and change "Interact/Loot" to some other key (I use "G").
Then, in chat, type "/bind f ++interact".

We are used to pressing F to pick up loot, open doors, etc. so it's a natural.
BUT, if you want to revive a player during combat, or interact with one, then you have to remember to press "G" (or other key of your choice).

Happy fat-ignoring!

Post edited by jade1280 on

Comments

• Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Change your camera angle - I usually look down on my toon from above to interact with stuff :)
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    jade1280 said:

I love this!
  • Options

Change your camera angle - I usually look down on my toon from above to interact with stuff :)

Seems like a workaround but i might give it a go. (chances are i have done it already over the last few years and still getting medicore results and suffering long term frustrations)

jade1280 said:

I love this!
    Forum rules say no. :innocent:
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    You can also use the /interactincludevolume command.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Yes, I key bind my 'g' key to do something like that long time ago. I am not sure that was the one I used. May be it was.
    Anyway, when people is 'f'ing the telescope and each other, I just 'g' it and leave. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    jade1280 said:

OMG!!! what an awesome title! =)

But I feel your pain and i have been frustrated over this for awhile.
    greywynd said:

Thanks @greywynd for that, I'm going to have to look that up and try it out ;)
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    the big problem is that you get the prompt but before you press F they plop in and it changes right before you press F. The change I would like is that If my toon doesn't move or camera doesn't move then don't change what is in the box for F
  • Options
    hannibalsmith#0854 hannibalsmith Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    I thought the dinosaur mounts were bad but they just 1-upped it with the Yeti mount :(

Try going to keyboard options and change "Interact/Loot" to some other key (I use "G").

BUT, if you want to revive a player during combat, or interact with one, then you have to remember to press "G" (or other key of your choice).

Happy fat-ignoring!
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I keybound the interact command to an extra mousebutton back during Jubilee. Seriously, that is a game changer for stuff like this.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options

Happy fat-ignoring!

Thank you i knew of the command but i just needed it explained for me one more time.