test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Feedback] Only common artisans coming to the workshop

nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
edited December 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
Hi, I'm not sure if this is a bug, intended or simply a missing line (dialogue) with the retainer.

As of today (2018-12-08), I have got no rare (blue) nor purple (epic) artisan application at any of my characters workshop, being all of them level 2 workshops.

I have checked all the workshop dialogues and quests and none of them points about the artisans not coming to the workshop unless you level it up.

For now, my conjecture about the workshop level and artisans is this one:
- Level 1: you only get the initial free artisans.
- Level 2: you only get common artisan applications.
- Level 3: you only get common and rare artisan applications.
- Level 4: all artisan can now apply to your workshop.

If this conjecture is wrong then either I am really unlucky with the chances of better artisans coming to my workshops or it's some kind of bug.

If this conjecture is right, then it would be greatly appreciated if the retainer dialogues would be updated, for example like this:
- At "4. I have a question" --> "1. Artisans and adventurers" --> "1. How do artisan applications work?" we get the text

"Artisans and adventurers apply to the workshop periodically. You can accept of dismiss applications from the desk in your office.

Be sure to accept or decline applications regularly so new artisans may apply."

I would add a new paragraph clarifying that better artisans only apply to better workshops, something like this:

"Artisans and adventurers apply to the workshop periodically. You can accept of dismiss applications from the desk in your office.

Be sure to accept or decline applications regularly so new artisans may apply.

More famous artisans and adventurers will only apply to the workshop if it is famous enough."

This way we get the hint about the fact that we need to improve the workshop if we want better artisans coming to us for free.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Comments

• Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    expect a low chance to get higher quality artisan, unless you spend zen or ad to get the scrolls its gonna take forever to get them.
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    I don't believe blue artisans can apply to anything other than a lvl 3 or 4 workshop. If they can show up in a lvl 2, it must be an exceedingly rare chance, but I have yet to see a single blue applicant in any of my 20ish lvl 2 workshops since the first week of the mod.

Lvl 3 workshops have rare applicants at a fairly regular rate. I don't have a lvl 4 workshop yet, but I hear that epic artisans are still somewhat rare as applicants, but they do eventually show up.

On the bright side, a lot of the common artisans beat out some of the rare and epic ones. Higher quality doesn't mean more desirable in every case.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    vorphied said:

I don't believe blue artisans can apply to anything other than a lvl 3 or 4 workshop. If they can show up in a lvl 2, it must be an exceedingly rare chance, but I have yet to see a single blue applicant in any of my 20ish lvl 2 workshops since the first week of the mod.

Lvl 3 workshops have rare applicants at a fairly regular rate. I don't have a lvl 4 workshop yet, but I hear that epic artisans are still somewhat rare as applicants, but they do eventually show up.

On the bright side, a lot of the common artisans beat out some of the rare and epic ones. Higher quality doesn't mean more desirable in every case.

I have three level 4 workshops and epic artisans do occasionally show up. I've hired them even though I don't particularly like them simply because I had the space. They'll probably eventually get fired.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    I just wish I could get an adventurer to apply. I got rid of mine when I purged all of the +50% cost craft people & have not had any replacement applications.
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

I just wish I could get an adventurer to apply. I got rid of mine when I purged all of the +50% cost craft people & have not had any replacement applications.

I get a lot of Kolneg Stouthammer applying. Apparently, nobody wants to hire expensive dwarf adventurers because that guy is constantly begging me for a job - in all 17 workshops. I have managed to get a few Dorrak and others. I even got a couple of epic adventurers that applied to my warlock's workshop. (I've hired them .... for now. When the axe finally swings to make room, they'll be at the top of the list.)
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    I had Nayet al-Abta apply to all 7 of my crafters today, he's terrible (+50 comm, -75 speed) and I dismissed him and had him immediately reapply to one of them. Need a "never again darken my door" button.

More worryingly, after I dismissed the first one, another artisan briefly flashed up to be replaced a fraction of a second later by him so something strange is going on.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Need to hire him, then stuff his worthless butt in the forge and light it up. Mmmm, is that grilled chicken?!
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Nayet al-Abta has 395 proficiency. He's worth the time and commission IMO.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother