test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Profession quest system (bugged for +1 versions)

c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
Please, fix quest-related bug with Profession progression system.

There is absolutely no sense in not being able to finish the quest path by using +1 versions of Amulets, specifically for Jewelcrafting (but I fathom it is the same for many more).

Some Professions like Armorsmithing has a working +1 versions being accepted, yet the jewelcrafting one is not accepted without basic versions, which is illogical and doesn't make sense.

Furthermore, my items are all of epic level and I'm bound to get a +1 version pretty much always, so I do not want to spend crazy amounts of AD just to make a slightly inferior version of the Amulet because the quest says so.

Fix it.

Thanks.
True Neutral
Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language

Comments

• Options
    bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Please take a look at this problem and provide at least a temporary fix, as this is flooding the market with +1 versions that are worthless for quest completion as needed. You say that you choose not to make crafting more difficult by requiring the +1 version...guess what, on 6 attempts on a mw item(all my morale is basically gone unless i BUY more) 1 failed 1 completed successfully and 4 +1 versions that cannot be used in quests. btw that was on a 30% chance to get a high quality item. Please you need to fix this and not brush it aside.
  • Options
    vermis434vermis434 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    I made 20 Adamant Rings to purchase the level 3 masterwork recipes. 7 normal 13 +1, The Stronghold Artisan says I only have 7.

I'm sure this is just an oversite and easy to fix.
  • Options
    thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    Unfortunately, it's not an oversight. The devs have stated that the normal and +1 versions of an item are discrete entities in their coding, and complicated to fix on the backend. It's been offered as a suggestion to add a merchant to exchange +1s for their normal counterparts, but so far that has not as yet received a public response by the dev team.
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    This is perhaps an iteration of the lifelong lesson that mediocrity will be rewarded while excellence is ignored.
  • Options
    thestia said:

Unfortunately, it's not an oversight. The devs have stated that the normal and +1 versions of an item are discrete entities in their coding, and complicated to fix on the backend. It's been offered as a suggestion to add a merchant to exchange +1s for their normal counterparts, but so far that has not as yet received a public response by the dev team.

This makes no sense, whatsoever. Everything else can be coded and recoded. I call lazyness to fix a major problem with professions.

+1 versions should always be utilized as much as regular versions. They are the same thing, effectievly and code-wise, and should be used for the same quests in the same manner.

Developers should fix this as it really slows down any progression for characters who can't progress towards higher tier crafting.

Furthermore, virtually nobody buys +1 versions on AH even when their price is severly diminished, I've seen items of +1 quality, needed for quest progression, being stagnant on AH for several weeks.

This ruins fun for people and averts people from investing anything in order to do professions.
    True Neutral
  • Options
    alansweetalansweet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User
    and as the days go by and the weeks …. and the months.... The devs has offered NOTHING in a way trying to remedy a problem ( the +1 issue WRT crafting) they created and refused to address. I guess they have better things to do than address a mess they created
  • Options
    b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    We all assume that this is a bug but we do not look at it as designed this way. I look at it as its meant to be this way. Think about it for a second. They removed the randomness of how masterwork once was. Waiting on that recipe to show so we can craft it at to get that done and the % that might fail might not. They changed all this and added a rng inside of a rng wrapped up around rng. You all say its a bug but I say its meant to be this way to make it much harder to get masterwork done. Same gos with the charts how they hand +1 items to you and how your stronghold vendors will not accept them but you can craft using them. Its meant to be this way and I really do not see any change that is going to happen to change it. I am also sure no person member of cryptic team will ever say what i have said so ya. Its not a bug its just their way of replacing how masterwork once was.
  • Options
    alansweetalansweet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User
    Thinking this from cryptic's point of view, you are right. It is to their advantage to keep this as befuddled as it is. It is definitely a way to frustrate the players and motivate them to open their wallets still further. Since the players have lost what little control of the MW process, they can abandon their efforts (thus throwing away what time and planning they have put in) or cough up real dollars to try and get over the new hurdles they have put in front of us. You are right. I doubt if cryptic plans to ever "fix" the "defect".
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    b4t1b4t said:

We all assume that this is a bug but we do not look at it as designed this way. I look at it as its meant to be this way. Think about it for a second. They removed the randomness of how masterwork once was. Waiting on that recipe to show so we can craft it at to get that done and the % that might fail might not. They changed all this and added a rng inside of a rng wrapped up around rng. You all say its a bug but I say its meant to be this way to make it much harder to get masterwork done. Same gos with the charts how they hand +1 items to you and how your stronghold vendors will not accept them but you can craft using them. Its meant to be this way and I really do not see any change that is going to happen to change it. I am also sure no person member of cryptic team will ever say what i have said so ya. Its not a bug its just their way of replacing how masterwork once was.

I do not understand how can anyone even begin to acknowledge this as WAI? I do say that this is an oversight since developers forgot to include the specific quest related text. There is no other reasonable explanation.

Please, do not join and assume that just because it wasn't fixed immediately in few days somehow automatically translates to "WAI". It does not. People jump to these sorts of conclusions way too often thinking that developers won't make an oversight, despite the fact that oversights happen all the time in pretty much all areas of the game. Recently we had three "quick fixes" to the game when CTA was held.

Once again, look at it from logical and reasonable perspective since what you're preaching makes no sense:

- It is essentially same item, however slightly better.

- Same items are used and same profession in its creation, the only difference is the end result which gives no more than 10IL and maybe 20-30 stat points.

The only reasonable and logical scenario is that it was too much work at the time, work regarding adding extra lines to profession-related quests in Masterwork...

And do not tell me how there is no oversight because you do not have Black Ice profession anymore, yet you do have and get BL stuff you can buy which can still make some poor newbie fella buy thinking about it only to realize that there is no such a profession in the game, at all.

And here is the illogical part! Essentially, a +1 which de facto is better, will cost far less on AH since it is practically useless to anyone who needs to do professions.

POSSIBLE WORKAROUND!

1. A small option or a shop or a worker or a troll or whatever impish creature you can imagine whose job is to remove +1 from QUEST RELATED items in case you get one. Let's say he likes to break stuff, so you can use it to "break" the +1 benefits from the item.
    2. Add lines in already present quests for all professions which use +1 system. It is basically a CTRL+C/CTRL+V job. I mean, c'mon! Do not tell me that this is somehow intense job.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

Once again, this is a very bad business model, it is laughable, extremely frowned upon by many players who enjoy working with professions and I have experienced how people feel and react to this calling upon Cryptic's incompetence. I do not like to see that since people generally tend to bash and find some reason to get angry/sad, whatever, but they have a point in this case since it makes already hard and resource-heavy work to be even harder and resource heavier up to the point where we could say it is not worth doing it.

This is a bug i.g. an oversight that needs to be fixed since +1 versions should de facto work the same like their non+1 versions.
    Or do you believe that merchant to whom you need to prove your worth would see the +1 version and return you back because you're too good in making stuff? It also breaks immersion in the game.

So, do not support this as WAI, it isn't WAI, it can't be WAI and there is not a single reason why it should be WAI.
    Nothing else needs to be said on this, just make sure to be vocal about this in a civil manner as devs definitely need to improve this oversight by next MOD release.

Thank you.
    True Neutral
  • Options
    ultimatefgt123ultimatefgt123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Please fix this. No update on it since it was declared "WAI" in november?!?