test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Few suggestions.

terrek41terrek41 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
edited December 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
Can we get a sliding bar for the dread ring and Caer-Konig, conversion of their zone currencys Kessel's Sigil and Onyx Fragment, so we can convert more than 1 at a time please. And in the case of the onyx fragment, maybe put in a option to buy a Thayan Lair Key in the dread ring store, that will take 50 of the onyx fragments per.

Also with the mounts. Can you make it so that we can upgrade them from uncommon -> rare -> epic -> legendary, at a Astral diamond cost. So players can increase the quality / base speed, to that of the mounts. It would be a AD sink, and probably similar to refining gear, maybe add in a mark/stone cost as well. Similar to refining the enchants via rp, allow us do improve them without a outright cost to upgrade.

IE: if it costs say a total of 500k to go from uncommon to rare for ad, and we have only 70k ad at the time. Let us spend that 70k, towards max'n out the bar as we do with enchants, instead of just forking the full amount at once.

Comments

• Options
    arieswytch#9832 arieswytch Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    I like the thought of being able to upgrade mounts. Another way I had thought of was to incorporate mount upgrade tokens, similar to companion upgrade tokens, and maybe in conjunction with a new Animal Handling profession.
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    edited January 2019

I like the thought of being able to upgrade mounts.

How would the mounts change as you upgrade them? Would it be only a change in tack (speed)? Or are you thinking to add combat powers to mounts that don't currently have them? Would their equip powers change? Would mounts that do not currently have equip powers gain one? What about mounts that have only two insignia slots? Would a two-slot mount gain a third slot?

Another way I had thought of was to incorporate mount upgrade tokens, similar to companion upgrade tokens

Ugh. No, thank you! Upgrading companions is already expensive. I'm not really interested in something else to add expense to developing a character. The only dubious benefit I can see from this is that upgrading a mount would be about the most optional thing in the game, outside of changing one's appearance.

and maybe in conjunction with a new Animal Handling profession.

Definitely not. This would make professions required and there are many people who do not enjoy professions - to the point where they have never bothered to even do them. I tolerate professions so that I can make crates of astral diamonds for my guild. (I already miss the days of being able to easily create crates of surplus equipment, labor, gems, and gold, even if I don't miss the time it took me to collect and restart all those tasks.)

Here's something else to consider: What about the power creep such a system would introduce? Right now, combat powers and best-in-slot equip powers are limited by the supply of astral diamonds and players' ability to save for expensive purchases. If I can just go to the Zen store and upgrade my mounts, I get access to a much greater selection of combat powers and equip powers that I don't currently have. This will also affect auction house prices, which affects how many astral diamonds are drained from the economy in this way. (I'm not sure this would necessarily be a bad thing. It's just that it would need to be considered. After all, a new equilibrium would eventually be reached, but lowering prices on legendary mounts could mean more astral diamonds being funneled into the Zen Exchange - and that exacerbates an already bad situation.)

One thing that I would like to see be introduced are legendary mount insignias. Of course, that engenders some power creep and has its own other issues.