test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Chult Lures

Hi adventurers and thank you for getting this far on at least viewing this post. Hehe

As of recently, ive just started really grinding my adventuring butt out in Omu and sohenstar river. Now, with respects to the lures dropped from hunt marks in the game, im sure we have all at some point, got advice from other players, watched videos on best farming locations etc, but in no way on Lord Neverembers nelly am I the only one who is absolutely sick of the way these drop rates work for hunt marks in chult. You could very easily find yourself like i have spending countless hours farming away doing all you can on hunt mark farming and nothing drops, not a dime, and even if you do find lures, the end result can be somewhat upsetting as a gamer as you only walk away with only one or two, and you'd feel extra lucky if you manages to pull 10 plus of the same lures in one night. From changing instances regularly to playing at times less populated, if like me you are unlucky in obtaining lures properly, im sure you can feel that pain of gamer rage bottling up inside of you when you have spent so many hours putting effort into the game and no return but just a few lures here and there or none at all.

Ive even seen on my travels in Omu especially, players actually fighting over hunt marks, where one player can be overpowered, it cancels the dps out of that other player and awards loot to the player that just barged in and stole a kill. That in itself has also happened to me many many times and the fury in unreal when it occurs. Ive spent a good 6 hours straight getting a hunt mark to spawn then when one shows, some op gwf rolls in, smashes the hunt mark and leaves me with no kill, where my only outcome was wasted efforts.

The moral of the issue is, there is simply no balance in the structure of the way lures are rewarded. While it may seem one awesome idea to just have the hunt marks drop a lure guaranteed every time on each kill, this still however dont stop hunt marks getting killed by others leaving you out of the equation.

So I finally sat down, and pondered over my shameful gaming haha, where it just hit me! What if we could create lures we need in profession tasks or acquire them from a vendor in chult, from collecting certain materials much easier to obtain in game for everyone. Ive only just started professions really as I never had the time for it before, but now i have, its come across as a great idea to have a chult profession for us all, so that everyone can benefit from gaining lures a different way should they ever feel uncomfortable from the endless grind and pathetic drop rates. Its not an easy way out either, I would like to see chult profession tasks be very challenging but at the same time actually be rewarding because you know you are guaranteed to get your lures because you alone have gone out there, gathered what you needed and crafted them with no interruptions and no disappointments.

And having a vendor selling the lures is another great way. Of course you would have to get out there into the world of chult and collect certain bits n bobs etc, to redeem or even trade in campaign currency for certain lures or trophies would be amazingly effective.

Let me know what you think. Do you feel the same pain as me or have ever been there yourself and wish that your efforts were better rewarded?

Thanks for reading

Happy adventuring !

XB1@Homeboi31

Comments

• Options
    finalalex#7864 finalalex Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Basing on my experience, I can say that the system is not working exactly how you are saying. I farmed lures a lot to obtain all the +5 rings in chult (ring leader achievement). And I repeated a bit just to kill the 3-star lure in Omu. It's not completely true that someone can come in and steal your kill. First of all, if that happens is because you didn't finish in time your rotation and therefore the marks respawned before you were there. Second, if you deal even a ridiculous damage to a mark, you are granted the reward. Doesn't matter if you did 1% damage and the other guy 99%. The game will reward you both. It's just a matter of being lucky and drop what you need. A different point is the Night Terror in Barovia, whose rewards are granted only to who deals the highest damage.
    A part from this aspect, I think that in general the idea of "public" hunt is great, because it finally added an important component typical of MMO that was totally absent before. Farming and stealing is a key component of an MMO, together with drop chance and luck.
    In one point I agree with you: the drop rate is too low. However, everyone of us was able to make it and survive the module. The problem of drop rate was solved in the next module (Barovia), in which hunts are rewarded in a completely different manner and no one indeed complained about that.
  • Options
    johonxgaltjohonxgalt Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Mod 15 will bring VASTLY improved drop rates for both rare spawns and lures.
  • Options
    shwabbashwabba Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    I agree 100% with sgough's entire post. After several hours of hunting Omu huntmarks, I found 16 and got two lure drops. A rare drop from a rare spawn just to get one part of an ingredient for a boss fight with only a chance of a good drop is not consistent with the rest of Neverwinter's gameplay style. NW is a fairly casual-difficulty game, while the lure system is decidedly old-school, EverQuest-hardcore style. I'm always in favour of anything that makes crafting more useful, so crafting lures sounds amazing.

As for the Night Terror, I've killed it over 20 times and had no idea it even dropped loot! As a paladin, I can tank it just fine, but there's no way I can kill it, or even get the most damage on it before 5 dps swarm it. So could we maybe lose its drop qualifier, or at least change it to something more friendly to non-dps, like the #1 in each category(immovable object, field medic, etc) gets the drop?
  • Options
    finalalex#7864 finalalex Member Posts: 27 Arc User

Mod 15 will bring VASTLY improved drop rates for both rare spawns and lures.

Also the rings of Omu obtained from maps and fane will have an improved drop rate?
    I remeber that the rings obtained from the maps were INTENTIONALLY reduced after 2 weeks from release....
  • Options
    jamiefors#0606 jamiefors Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    I feel your pain, doing a rotation and some twat runs in, kills the mark and takes the lure, proper boils my ****
    Many a time I’ve done a rotation and someone has watched me killing the mobs THEN they come alive and kill the mark for the lure !
  • Options
    igotit4freeigotit4free Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2018

It's not completely true that someone can come in and steal your kill.
    Doesn't matter if you did 1% damage and the other guy 99%. The game will reward you both.

I know for a fact that this can happen with the hunts themselves 100% as it happened to me twice while I was on my cleric.

I went and dropped the lure down for Split-Ti and in came a GWF, smashed the hunt before I could even get 3 at-wills out and I received nothing, no completion for killing the hunt, no drops at all what do ever....nothing (this was my first hunt so I hadn't unlocked the lore for it yet). Off I went to farm again (lucky the Rotten Oger Bone was pretty easy to get with so many that spawn) and proceeded to place down the lure once I'd made it. Again, this time a Warlock came in, started to hit it and he ran off grabbing agro, Split-Ti followed him and the warlock kills it over by Camp Vengeance and I get nothing again, no completion no lore nothing. If it happens with hunts then it can probably happen with hunt marks as it is all the same code.

As for the OP, I agree the drop rate is shocking as I spent 2x 6h's farming tigers and got no tooth at all in the whole 12h's of farming. I read that the drop rate is a lot better in mod15 and I really hope so as I'd love to be able to obtain the rings for the achievement.

Post edited by igotit4free on