test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wrong Artisans, wrong levels

mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
Two issues remaining with artisans and they are seriously inconvenient.

1) You sometimes get the wrong worker - You make room for that nice new blacksmith that just applied for work and then when you hire them you end up with a tailor or whatever that you had zero interest in, or sometimes just a different worker in the same profession.

2) Workers aren't the level as advertised - Just had a case where I was supposed to get a level 26 worker but when I hired them they were level 18.

I shouldn't have to wonder if the worker that I am hiring is actually the worker that will show up.
I shouldn't have to wonder if the worker that I am hiring will be the level that their application says they are.

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    People lie on their job applications all the time :p
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    I reported on the launch week thread, I got the artisan I'd just fired (which shouldn't have been offered to me as I already had it), instead of the one I wanted and had just made space for so I just lost 14 levels on the transaction.
  • Options
    I have been running my shop one person short.

That allows me to hire every craftsman before I make my mind up as to whether I want to keep them or not.

Far from ideal, though.
    I don't think that expecting the system to work like it should is too much to ask.
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    I noticed the wrong level issue with my artisans. Every time I hire one, they are 7 to 10 levels below what is shown on the application. I'm also getting the issue where the same artisan will apply multiple times overnight. So when I see I have 2 applications in the morning, they might be both from the same artisan and each state different levels. So far, I seem to have gotten lucky and not gotten the issue where I get a different artisan after accepting the application.
  • Options
    Also used one of the 200K blue/purple artisan recruitment items - and got a white from it.
  • Options
    mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User

Also used one of the 200K blue/purple artisan recruitment items - and got a white from it.

Common artisans are a possibility.
  • Options

Those are not guaranteed to have a blue or purple artisan.
    The description of the item in the Zen market says that they contain a common, rare, or epic worker.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    They really should change the color of the text on that, because nobody notices that common is possible because they only see the blue and purple.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    kreatyve said:

They really should change the color of the text on that, because nobody notices that common is possible because they only see the blue and purple.

And don't make the item blue if it can drop a white artisan this wasn't in fact the zen market one, it was the 200K profession resources but the text is the same.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

kreatyve said:

And don't make the item blue if it can drop a white artisan this wasn't in fact the zen market one, it was the 200K profession resources but the text is the same.
    It didn't help that the item looks identical to the "rare artisan recruitment" item which you buy with stars which DOES guarantee a blue (and was the tooltip I'd looked at.
  • Options
    lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Successfully submitted ticket ID #4,806,492.

Twice in a week, two artisans, neither of whom I wanted, joined after accepting. Had to dismiss one artisan on both occasions to accept the one I wanted. One an Alchemist, the other an Armorer.

Seriously frustrating.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • Options
    lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    To make things even better, apparently the Dev's are unable to swap out the artisans you DIDN'T accept for the ones you did accept. (I got an email reply). So you have to wait until the applicant you did want comes back through the workshop application process and hope it doesn't bug out and screw you over again. Yay for bugs and rng.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • Options
    I'm keeping an artisan slot empty.

That way I can accept each and every artisan application to see what I really get before deciding to replace any existing worker that I have.

It's an unnecessary inconvenience to me, however, and they need to get this fixed. They have needed to get this fixed since it was first reported during testing.