test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question about upcoming Holiday Promotional Charge Event

I have a question about upcoming Holiday Promotional Charge Event.

What do you mean by "charge Zen"? Does that mean purchase Zen (during that time frame) or spend Zen (during that time frame)?

Thank you!
Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    You have to purchase it (NOT EXCHANGE AD for Zen) during that period of time. You do not have to spend any of it.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

You have to purchase it (NOT EXCHANGE AD for Zen) during that period of time. You do not have to spend any of it.

Thank you very much.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • poisd2strike#7598 poisd2strike Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    kreatyve said:

@kreatyve The Charge Bonus starts on 11/21. If there is a Zen purchase discount (example: 23000 Zen for $149.99 instead of $199.99 meaning 25% discount), would that also start on 11/21? Or, is it possible that would not start until 11/23? I'm sure a lot of people who purchased Zen on 11/21 or 11/22 would be very unhappy, knowing they could have gotten more Zen for their money had they waited a day or two. I think it is safe to assume that most people would wait, if they knew in advance. Should I wait until Black Friday (11/23) to purchase Zen? Does the Charge Bonus apply, if you purchase the Zen thru the in-game Zen Market menu (not the AD Zen Exchange)? Or, do you have to use the Playstation Store, Xbox Marketplace, etc. in order to qualify for the Charge Bonus?
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

kreatyve said:

@kreatyve The Charge Bonus starts on 11/21. If there is a Zen purchase discount (example: 23000 Zen for $149.99 instead of $199.99 meaning 25% discount), would that also start on 11/21? Or, is it possible that would not start until 11/23? I'm sure a lot of people who purchased Zen on 11/21 or 11/22 would be very unhappy, knowing they could have gotten more Zen for their money had they waited a day or two. I think it is safe to assume that most people would wait, if they knew in advance. Should I wait until Black Friday (11/23) to purchase Zen? Does the Charge Bonus apply, if you purchase the Zen thru the in-game Zen Market menu (not the AD Zen Exchange)? Or, do you have to use the Playstation Store, Xbox Marketplace, etc. in order to qualify for the Charge Bonus?
    They never announce the Black Friday sale in advance or the Winterfest/Xmas sale. If you are worried about losing a potential additional bonus/discount, you should wait. If only for the peace of mind.
    zephyriah said:

kreatyve said:

They never announce the Black Friday sale in advance or the Winterfest/Xmas sale. If you are worried about losing a potential additional bonus/discount, you should wait. If only for the peace of mind.

I have only been playing Neverwinter for about 3 months. In the past, has the Charge Bonus ever started 2 days before Black Friday and any potential additional discounts? I guess I just don't understand why they would have the Charge Bonus start on 11/21, if they intend to offer an additional Zen purchase discount on 11/23. IMHO if they do offer a Zen purchase discount beginning 11/23, anyone who purchased Zen on 11/21 or 11/22 would be understandably upset. So, I will most likely end up waiting until 11/23 for the peace of mind.

zephyriah said:

kreatyve said:

I have only been playing Neverwinter for about 3 months. In the past, has the Charge Bonus ever started 2 days before Black Friday and any potential additional discounts? I guess I just don't understand why they would have the Charge Bonus start on 11/21, if they intend to offer an additional Zen purchase discount on 11/23. IMHO if they do offer a Zen purchase discount beginning 11/23, anyone who purchased Zen on 11/21 or 11/22 would be understandably upset. So, I will most likely end up waiting until 11/23 for the peace of mind.
    Last year I think there was an overlap. It could have been Thanksgiving or Xmas or even the Jubilee. I don't remember when, I just remember during a few days of the charge bonus, there was also a Zen discount on at least one platform. It may not have been both.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

kreatyve said:

I would wait until Black Friday. Zen on the Exchange does not count. You have to spend cash and buy it through Arc or Steam (usually) for PC, Xbox store for Xbox, or the PSN store for PS4.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    edited November 2018
    kreatyve said:

kreatyve said:

I would wait until Black Friday. Zen on the Exchange does not count. You have to spend cash and buy it through Arc or Steam (usually) for PC, Xbox store for Xbox, or the PSN store for PS4.
    @kreatyve That is what I plan on doing, just to be safe. I understand you have to purchase Zen for cash, in order to qualify for the Charge Bonus. I play on Xbox One. Do I have to purchase the Zen directly thru the Microsoft Store App (meaning outside of Neverwinter), or can I load Neverwinter and use the in-game Zen Market (which accesses the Microsoft Store) to purchase Zen and still qualify for the Charge Bonus ?

kreatyve said:

kreatyve said:

@kreatyve That is what I plan on doing, just to be safe. I understand you have to purchase Zen for cash, in order to qualify for the Charge Bonus. I play on Xbox One. Do I have to purchase the Zen directly thru the Microsoft Store App (meaning outside of Neverwinter), or can I load Neverwinter and use the in-game Zen Market (which accesses the Microsoft Store) to purchase Zen and still qualify for the Charge Bonus ?
    That doesn't matter, as you are still buying it from the same source (Microsoft Store).
    kuI2v8l.png
    kreatyve said:

kreatyve said:

kreatyve said:

That doesn't matter, as you are still buying it from the same source (Microsoft Store).
    Okay. Thanks! I would be fine with doing either. I just wanted to make sure that both would be acceptable and allow me to qualify for the Charge Bonus.
  • Where do we get our 5 lockbox keys for the 1000 zen level of the promotion? I purchased 20K and got all items except the 5 lockbox keys.
  • tontze#8268 tontze Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Guys, did they say IN-GAME that its only first charge where you get your rewards ? I do not remember such, i did charge more than once for hope to get more keys .. Sounds like a fraud to me ..

Guys, did they say IN-GAME that its only first charge where you get your rewards ? I do not remember such, i did charge more than once for hope to get more keys .. Sounds like a fraud to me ..

Yes, they did. No fraud.
    https://arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11015233-winter-bonus-rewards

The line you missed is "***Rewards can only be claimed once per account during the event, regardless of the amount of Zen charged***"