test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Potent poison Phials testings and feedback

isaacorion#1994 isaacorion Member Posts: 106 Arc User
edited November 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
First off, I'm only discussing the Potent Phials crafted in Alchemy Rank 61-70. There are lower levels of the poisons, but naturally I only took the best available to test (for obvious reasons if you've seen the tooltips). Also, I only tested these with the +1 quality, so if anyone has used the base quality and has different results feel free to add them.

Potent Poison Phial +1
Simply put, this one is in a tough spot. It deals 4k Poison dmg that is Piercing (that I noticed) every 3 seconds. While I would love for it to get a dmg buff, if taken too far it becomes a 1 button press to kill anything you hit. And since this works in PvP, you really have to thread that needle carefully if buffing this one. As is, it is fairly useless outside of lore/lol reasons.

Potent Sleeping Phial +1
From the tooltip: This does not apply to enemies above Level 71. So immediately it is nearly useless in PvE, and in my testings it does not affect enemies in Barovia. Unfortunately, the tooltip is missing the words it desperately needs: Does not affect targets in PvP. Cause this does work in PvP. At +1 it is a 20+ second stun that is ended immediately if the victim is hit. And after some testings on my guild members, it is a very hard CC to get out of (more on that below for PvPers). It is a 20+ sec stun with an 18 sec CD unless you get out of combat, in which case the CD is refunded immediately.

Potent Paralysis Phial +1
See the sleeping phial's notes, it basically the same thing except: 1) It inflicts Partial Paralysis instead of sleep. 2) Contrary to tooltip, the paralysis is not removed immediately on damage taken (it might be shortened, but I didn't notice a difference).

Requests:
First and foremost, can we please trade the level restriction for "Does not apply to targets in PvP"? Up the CD to 30 seconds or something if you're worried about people skipping mobs in dungeons by chaining Sleepers, but please consider that change. Cause as it is currently, Sleeping and Paralyzing Phials are nothing more than a troll tool for PvP with no PvE use (aside from turning into Merielle for credits). I'd also ask for the Poison Phial dmg to be increased, but only if it also gets a "Does not apply to targets in PvP" tag.

PvP notes:
The short answer to Sleep/Paralyze phials is to not get hit. It is a very telegraphed animation (talking 1-3 seconds ish) to actually throw a phial. They are AoE with an area similar to Divine Glow. Range is quite small, lower than TR Cloud of Steel atwill. However, if you are hit, you're in trouble unless you have a DoT or get hit immediately. Testing was done with Sleeping Phials. I have not tested Paralyze Phials much and probably will not since Partial Paralysis has been around a while and folks know how to cleanse or avoid it if needed.
TR: Impossible to Catch - neither blocks sleep or breaks free from it (this one I am uncertain on if we timed it right).
Vengeance's Pursuit - Can break free from sleep if you have a marked target to blink to.
GWF: Unstoppable - neither blocks sleep or breaks free from it.
OP: Shield - blocks sleep
Heroism - does not block sleep.
GF: Shield - does not block sleep, even if the vial hits in front of you and the splash would hit your shield.
Villain's Menace - does not block sleep.
DC: Anointed Army - does not block sleep
Bat Swarm combat power - Does not break free from sleep
Oghma's Token of Free Movement - Does break free from sleep
Untested: Elven Battle enchantment
Warlock: Don't want to let you down but I am hell bound. - Imagine Dragons
Cleric: You can be an angel of mercy or give in to hate. - Shinedown
Wizard: The more the dark consumes me, I pretend I'm burning bright. - Shinedown
Barbarian: Am I beautiful... as I tear you to pieces? - In This Moment
Post edited by isaacorion#1994 on
Tagged: