test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account Wide Legendary Mounts

mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
edited November 2018 in PvE Discussion
Hi Devs,

Would you like for me and other players to spend more on this game? Would you like to take some money off my hands? Well let me tell you what I want in the playstation network store, XBox marketplace and NWO arcgame store where these mounts are bought with cash and not zen; this way you will generate revenue every time these are purchased.

Here are examples of legendary mounts that I would gladly buy.

Now my question to you devs is do you want my money or not?

Mount: Heavy Armored Deinonychus
Equipped Power:2K Recovery 2K Power
Combat Power: Similar to the Legenary T-Rex

Mount: Spectral Wog
Equipped Power: 2K Arm Pen 2k Crit
Combat Power: Similar to the Skeleton Steed

Mount: Shadow Howler
Equipped Power: 4K Crit
Combat Power: Similar to bat swarm

Mount: Armored Phase Spider
Equipped Power: 4K Power
Combat Power: Similar to Legendary Adolescent Deepcrow

Mount: Elminster Sled
Equipped Power: 2k Power 2k Armor Pen
Combat Power: Similar to Legendary Carpet of Flying

Mount: Flaming Bear
Equipped Power: 16K HP
Combat Power: Similar to Imperial Rage Drake

Mount: Armored Owlbear
Equipped Power: 4K Defense
Combat Power: Similar to the Armored Bulette

Mount: Pegasus
Equipped Power: Quick Action
Combat Power: Similar to Celestial Stag

Mount: Armored Unicorn
Equipped Power: 2K Power 2K Crit
Combat Power: Similar to Golden Lion

Mount: Steely Broom
Equipped Power: 2K Crit 2k Recovery
Combat Power: Similar to Tenser's Floating Disk

Comments

• rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    I would even settle for an upgrade token to give epic mounts legendary speed bonus
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    I would vote for account wide legendary mount in the Zen Store

there's no problem for money income here because the price would be so high that noone woul use ingame ad/zen exchange for it anyway...

Ps.: i would fin it aesome but i DONT believe it will ever be done...
  • talon1970talon1970 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 152 Arc User
    No, bc for me this would be a wrong direction for the game into "pay to win".

• jeremytheman232jeremytheman232 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    The reason comps and mounts are char bound is because it keeps people opening lockboxes. If you could share them u would only need a few and soon enough noone would need legs and only the rich ingame players would buy lockboxes. lockboxes make the game go round.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User

The reason comps and mounts are char bound is because it keeps people opening lockboxes. If you could share them u would only need a few and soon enough noone would need legs and only the rich ingame players would buy lockboxes. lockboxes make the game go round.

No, they do not make the game go round. They make people lose much more than they gain. And it's sheer gambling. And it's a way more intense P2W model than actually buying directly from ZEN.

I've had over a year of VIP, not a single LEG mount drop. I've done summer event on 14 chars and shared with people with approx same number of chars, not a single leg mount drop. Do I need to spend something like $2.000 for a chance to get a mount? I sure hope not.

Legendary mounts should be account-wide for purchase for ZEN and prices should be reasonable.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Mounts from Zen are account wide and they release some new epic ones every now and than. Companions all depend upon how acquired; if through the old class pack they are claimable on all characters on the account. Thought it looks as if the game devs are moving away from account wide companion and making them only available by buying each one individually.

There is another thread already discussing the issues with not allowing the new packs to have companions for the account vs. single character.

As for legendary mounts; they should start to add some to the stores, not Zen market, but the various stores that require a cash purchase so that cryptic actually gets paid for the mounts. And the mounts would be account wide. Placing in the zen market may result in some loss sales, so having them only as a store purchase the company would be able to earn some cash from the sales of these mounts and add new ones with new content release.

I am not paying a dime any more into this game; unless it is a legendary mount I can buy and have on all my characters.
  • heavensake#5599 heavensake Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Well lets just remove all reason to have lock boxes in the game. pretty much adding them mounts to zen store "will" "kill" all lock box sales.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    @mebengalsfan#9264

I see this asked for all the time so lets just skip all the usual "i want, this needs to happen, im willing to buy, blah blah" noise and talk bottom line.

What are you willing to pay for an account wide legendary mount?

I would like to see it. I just don't agree with the idea of limiting it to a cash only purchase. That's just me (although I doubt it would just be me taking this stance) because I would never drop the real world amount a legendary mount would cost into any game.

Looking at the AH, lege's range from 5.5M to 18M+ on XB. I don't know what PC prices are. But obviously the more desired mounts cost more.

Are you proposing all cash purchased lege mounts cost the same? Will there be different price points? A 4k power mount would be more sought after than a 2k deflect/2k defense mount.

Taking the numbers above, a TRex (as of 2-3 days) cost 9M AD.
    If zen @ 500 that would make the mount cost 18000 zen.
    If zen @ 400 it would cost 22500 zen.

So you want it account wide. How do you come up with a price point for that? Multiply that by 3 toons? You're at 54000-67500 zen. So let's say 50000 zen?

Is that a fair price for an account-wide legendary mount to you?

Or would you have it be lower because 50000 zen is a ridiculously astronomical price for any item in a game.

The people I know might drop $20 here and there on some keys for a chance at a mount. But they wouldn't drop $500 on one item even if it is a mount.

That's a crazy number but let's say they sell a lege for 10000 zen and it's only a cash purchase. That seems like a price people would be willing to part with.

Now the market for lege's is set. Less than 5M AD obviously because why would I pay near or over 5M AD for a single character lege instead of just buying an account wide one out of zen market.

And would the devs remove lege's from lockboxes? Because if people are going to just buy mounts off market what's the point of lockboxes. Yeah, you get stuff out of them but most people buy for a chance at a mount. The rest is just bonus stuff you can sell or keep.

So what goes into lockboxes than in order to make up for lege mounts and encourage people to buy keys? Oh I know! Mythic mounts! Than people can argue that they never get a mythic mount out of a lockbox and the devs should make them purchasable account wide on the zen market for the low low price of 50000 zen (cash only).

Anyway, big wall of text is just really to ask what everyone would be willing to pay for a legendary mount that's account wide.
    > @c1k4ml3kc3 said:
    > The reason comps and mounts are char bound is because it keeps people opening lockboxes. If you could share them u would only need a few and soon enough noone would need legs and only the rich ingame players would buy lockboxes. lockboxes make the game go round.
    >
    > No, they do not make the game go round. They make people lose much more than they gain. And it's sheer gambling. And it's a way more intense P2W model than actually buying directly from ZEN.
    >
    > I've had over a year of VIP, not a single LEG mount drop. I've done summer event on 14 chars and shared with people with approx same number of chars, not a single leg mount drop. Do I need to spend something like $2.000 for a chance to get a mount? I sure hope not.
    >
    > Legendary mounts should be account-wide for purchase for ZEN and prices should be reasonable.

Yes guess what spending money on keys actually does make the game go round. Free to play dont generate income its the pay to win that does....
  • lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    > @talon1970 said:
    > No, bc for me this would be a wrong direction for the game into "pay to win".

No it wouldn’t, not at all. A lego mount in no way determines if you can beat this game or make one “end game.”

This is a good example of have nots whining about those that have. Life is not fair and not everyone is created equal.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    I don't want account wide mounts, I want account wide Mount Stable!
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • talon1970talon1970 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 152 Arc User

> @talon1970 said:

> No, bc for me this would be a wrong direction for the game into "pay to win".

No it wouldn’t, not at all. A lego mount in no way determines if you can beat this game or make one “end game.”

This is a good example of have nots whining about those that have. Life is not fair and not everyone is created equal.

Hmm let me check my Mainchar...

- Legendary Griffon (got it from an lockbox, i should have sell it back then, but oh yeah a leg mount is an leg mount..)

- Tensers (bc Tensers was BiS for my class, bought it from the AH maybe 1 1/2 year ago)

- Legendary Snail (bc in Mod 14 maybe in 15 it was/is still BiS for my class)

So i think i can say i am not jealous to NOT having one....

But why i am not a friend that you should simply buy an leg mount from the Zen Shop?

Let's take PvE for example, with all the buffs and debuffs:

People would buy maybe all sort of debuff mounts like T-Rex and Swarm and a 4k Power Mount for even moar and moar powersharing...
    Content would become even more easier, you have no goal to play for a longer time, bc IF you are willing to spend some real cash, or you have enough Ad or Zen, you could buy it easily (sure if you are rich enough you could buy it nowadays simply from the Ah, but i am talking about a new player)

Or lets take PvP as example (tbh i have near zero knowledge about PvP), but i think it would be a mess if everybody is running around with an leg mount and the mount/combat power.

Next thing would be:

-Where is the motivation to play the game for a long time, if you could simply buy some stuff from the Zen Shop like Leg mounts?

Sure you could simply cash in nowadays, using Zax and buy it from the Ah with Ad, but....

Sure it would be a maybe for a more or less short time a good cash boon for Cryptic/Pw, but i am not that sure, if people would stop playing Nw if they have too fast everything they want.

I am not an economist, but i am not sure wich one is better for a company, giving people fast the sweet stuff and they are loosing maybe too early the interest on the game, or trying to keep the players and giving them an goal they are trying to reach, in this case an favorised leg mount.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    > @ecrana#2080 said:
    > @mebengalsfan#9264
    >
    > I see this asked for all the time so lets just skip all the usual "i want, this needs to happen, im willing to buy, blah blah" noise and talk bottom line.
    >
    > What are you willing to pay for an account wide legendary mount?
    >
    > I would like to see it. I just don't agree with the idea of limiting it to a cash only purchase. That's just me (although I doubt it would just be me taking this stance) because I would never drop the real world amount a legendary mount would cost into any game.
    >
    > Looking at the AH, lege's range from 5.5M to 18M+ on XB. I don't know what PC prices are. But obviously the more desired mounts cost more.
    >
    > Are you proposing all cash purchased lege mounts cost the same? Will there be different price points? A 4k power mount would be more sought after than a 2k deflect/2k defense mount.
    >
    > Taking the numbers above, a TRex (as of 2-3 days) cost 9M AD.
    > If zen @ 500 that would make the mount cost 18000 zen.
    > If zen @ 400 it would cost 22500 zen.
    >
    > So you want it account wide. How do you come up with a price point for that? Multiply that by 3 toons? You're at 54000-67500 zen. So let's say 50000 zen?
    >
    > Is that a fair price for an account-wide legendary mount to you?
    >
    > Or would you have it be lower because 50000 zen is a ridiculously astronomical price for any item in a game.
    >
    > The people I know might drop $20 here and there on some keys for a chance at a mount. But they wouldn't drop $500 on one item even if it is a mount.
    >
    > That's a crazy number but let's say they sell a lege for 10000 zen and it's only a cash purchase. That seems like a price people would be willing to part with.
    >
    > Now the market for lege's is set. Less than 5M AD obviously because why would I pay near or over 5M AD for a single character lege instead of just buying an account wide one out of zen market.
    >
    > And would the devs remove lege's from lockboxes? Because if people are going to just buy mounts off market what's the point of lockboxes. Yeah, you get stuff out of them but most people buy for a chance at a mount. The rest is just bonus stuff you can sell or keep.
    >
    > So what goes into lockboxes than in order to make up for lege mounts and encourage people to buy keys? Oh I know! Mythic mounts! Than people can argue that they never get a mythic mount out of a lockbox and the devs should make them purchasable account wide on the zen market for the low low price of 50000 zen (cash only).
    >
    > Anyway, big wall of text is just really to ask what everyone would be willing to pay for a legendary mount that's account wide.

50k zen doesnt sound that bad.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

@mebengalsfan#9264 Anyway, big wall of text is just really to ask what everyone would be willing to pay for a legendary mount that's account wide.

I do have a legendary mount (Tenser's) on my main character, Getting one for the alts I play semi-regularly would cost me, between 70 and 100 million AD - that's 140.000-200.000 Zen. I wouldn't pay that, Sure, I can afford it, but it's njust not worth it. If I was offered a legendary mount for 1 Zen, I would jump at the chance. So, presumably, there is a value somewhere between 1 and 200.000 which I would consider a maximum "fair price".

However, I think this would be a really bad idea. It would probably not increase the total amount of money people would be willing to spend on the game, and it would firmly establish the game as a clear "pay-to-win" game, which would alienate many players and probably hurt the game in the long run.

I think they realize this, and I also think the only chance of seeing Legendary mounts in the Zen store would be when/if Mythic mounts get introduced,
    Hoping for improvements...

@mebengalsfan#9264

I see this asked for all the time so lets just skip all the usual "i want, this needs to happen, im willing to buy, blah blah" noise and talk bottom line.

What are you willing to pay for an account wide legendary mount?

I would like to see it. I just don't agree with the idea of limiting it to a cash only purchase. That's just me (although I doubt it would just be me taking this stance) because I would never drop the real world amount a legendary mount would cost into any game.

Looking at the AH, lege's range from 5.5M to 18M+ on XB. I don't know what PC prices are. But obviously the more desired mounts cost more.

Are you proposing all cash purchased lege mounts cost the same? Will there be different price points? A 4k power mount would be more sought after than a 2k deflect/2k defense mount.

Taking the numbers above, a TRex (as of 2-3 days) cost 9M AD.
    If zen @ 500 that would make the mount cost 18000 zen.
    If zen @ 400 it would cost 22500 zen.

So you want it account wide. How do you come up with a price point for that? Multiply that by 3 toons? You're at 54000-67500 zen. So let's say 50000 zen?

Is that a fair price for an account-wide legendary mount to you?

Or would you have it be lower because 50000 zen is a ridiculously astronomical price for any item in a game.

The people I know might drop $20 here and there on some keys for a chance at a mount. But they wouldn't drop $500 on one item even if it is a mount.

That's a crazy number but let's say they sell a lege for 10000 zen and it's only a cash purchase. That seems like a price people would be willing to part with.

Now the market for lege's is set. Less than 5M AD obviously because why would I pay near or over 5M AD for a single character lege instead of just buying an account wide one out of zen market.

And would the devs remove lege's from lockboxes? Because if people are going to just buy mounts off market what's the point of lockboxes. Yeah, you get stuff out of them but most people buy for a chance at a mount. The rest is just bonus stuff you can sell or keep.

So what goes into lockboxes than in order to make up for lege mounts and encourage people to buy keys? Oh I know! Mythic mounts! Than people can argue that they never get a mythic mount out of a lockbox and the devs should make them purchasable account wide on the zen market for the low low price of 50000 zen (cash only).

Anyway, big wall of text is just really to ask what everyone would be willing to pay for a legendary mount that's account wide.

Account wide Legendary mount is $400-500 per a mount. One problem with this value for Playstation is that the PSN store cannot handle such a transaction.

> @c1k4ml3kc3 said:

> The reason comps and mounts are char bound is because it keeps people opening lockboxes. If you could share them u would only need a few and soon enough noone would need legs and only the rich ingame players would buy lockboxes. lockboxes make the game go round.

>

> No, they do not make the game go round. They make people lose much more than they gain. And it's sheer gambling. And it's a way more intense P2W model than actually buying directly from ZEN.

>

> I've had over a year of VIP, not a single LEG mount drop. I've done summer event on 14 chars and shared with people with approx same number of chars, not a single leg mount drop. Do I need to spend something like $2.000 for a chance to get a mount? I sure hope not.

>

> Legendary mounts should be account-wide for purchase for ZEN and prices should be reasonable.

Yes guess what spending money on keys actually does make the game go round. Free to play dont generate income its the pay to win that does....

The only time Pay to Win applies in NWO is with PVP; otherwise it is pay to advance. I have no issues with pay to advance for in game items in NWO since I don't play PVP.

In fact today you can start off fairly easily and get a character to around 17K without ever stepping foot outside of PE.

R14 enchantments for utility, offensive and defensive slots, unpar weapon and armor enchantments, buy artifacts and upgrade them to mythical, buy and upgrade to legendary the current MC weapons, buy the current MC gear including rings, buy BiS companions and upgrade them to legendary, buy required legendary mounts, buy required insignia, buy and upgrade artifact neck and waist, buy any needed companion gear and last but not least buying all the campaign completion tokens.

It cost roughly $2,200-3,000 to come into this game go from not having a character to having one at 17K. This doesn't mean that the player with this character will perform well it just means the character is 17K and can run all but the latest content as the player has to unlock that content through campaigns.

I don't mind spending money on a game, I just don't like the fact that if I want the same legendary mount for two characters than I have to be lucky twice or buy it through the AH 2x. I wouldn't mind buying one at a fairly high price point to have it for all my characters and for me this is just another way for players who are unlucky with keys and see a mount that can benefit more than one character could purchase the mount.

I'm all for additional options that add more to the game. By also placing the mount outside of the AH the devs will always generate revenue and with these mounts having a higher price point it should not really impact the cost of the mounts that are in the AH.

By also placing the mount outside of the AH the devs will always generate revenue and with these mounts having a higher price point it should not really impact the cost of the mounts that are in the AH.

How do you figure the dev's will generate more revenue?

Let's say you get 1 legendary for every 600 keys currently (some even say 1 every 1000 but we won't get into the odds since they can't be discussed).

A 10 pack of keys is 1125 zen @ 400AD that comes out to 450,000AD.
    @500AD that's 562,500AD

600 keys would come out to 27,000,000AD @400 or 33,750,000 @500.

That's far more profitable than charging someone 50,000 zen for an account wide mount.

Let's even go crazy and toss in a 40% sale. That's 40,500 Zen for 600 keys for a shot at one mount. Still more profitable than letting someone spend 50000 zen on a mount that could potentially be used on anywhere from 1-50 toons.

I don't remember what the big key bundles go for so I won't even get into that since this is just for discussion.

But again, how is an account wide mount more profitable than making people buy keys for lockboxes? Oh and not only have they got money for the zen, but then they also get to take a % of AD out of the game when the AH purchase goes through.

Maybe when/if they put Mythic mounts into the lockbox this will happen. Until then I think it's a pipe dream and the only people convincing themselves it's a better business decision are the people that want an account wide legendary mount.

By also placing the mount outside of the AH the devs will always generate revenue and with these mounts having a higher price point it should not really impact the cost of the mounts that are in the AH.

How do you figure the dev's will generate more revenue?

Let's say you get 1 legendary for every 600 keys currently (some even say 1 every 1000 but we won't get into the odds since they can't be discussed).

A 10 pack of keys is 1125 zen @ 400AD that comes out to 450,000AD.
    @500AD that's 562,500AD

600 keys would come out to 27,000,000AD @400 or 33,750,000 @500.

That's far more profitable than charging someone 50,000 zen for an account wide mount.

Let's even go crazy and toss in a 40% sale. That's 40,500 Zen for 600 keys for a shot at one mount. Still more profitable than letting someone spend 50000 zen on a mount that could potentially be used on anywhere from 1-50 toons.

I don't remember what the big key bundles go for so I won't even get into that since this is just for discussion.

But again, how is an account wide mount more profitable than making people buy keys for lockboxes? Oh and not only have they got money for the zen, but then they also get to take a % of AD out of the game when the AH purchase goes through.

Maybe when/if they put Mythic mounts into the lockbox this will happen. Until then I think it's a pipe dream and the only people convincing themselves it's a better business decision are the people that want an account wide legendary mount.
    If I put down $150 I get more than enough AD to buy a lego mount. Last time I did this I got a lego and a Unpar weapon enchantment for $150.

$500 would get me enough to buy 4 lego mounts.

As for Lego through the standard store vs a LB is two different animals. If they release lego mount as standard sellable items they can use that on older mounts or create one for the standard store that is similar to the current lineup than continue to sell the newer mounts with new combat and equipped powers through LBs.
    Its not gonna happen end of story. They make money on keys. They take ad out of the game thru ah sales. Theres too much to be lost to have even epic mounts be acct wide.
    Yes, if you put down $150 you'll get a minimum of say 7.5M AD depending on conversion and if you bought during a sale.

7.5M will definitely get you a legendary mount if you're looking for a mount that is under that price.

You're acting as if all mounts cost the same and one look in the AH obviously shoots that down but for discussions sake:
    You can get most mounts for say 5.5-6.5M if you don't want a TRex/Lion/Snail/Tensers off the AH. Lions on XB1 were over 10M a week ago for cheapest one. So no, you're not buying the pricier ones at that rate unless you luck out.

And you're still ignoring the point. Someone can spend $150 on keys and get 0 mounts. At which point they still have to spend more for the "prize" if they want to keep trying.

Also, you have way too much extra cash sitting around if you're willing to dump $150 into the game for a mount. I'm more than happy to accept gifts if you have any extra 100s laying around ;)

Anyway, I feel this is an agree to disagree moment. While I wouldn't mind an account-wide lege, to me, it's not feasible in the current game environment. Things do change though so we'll see.
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    talon1970 said:

No, bc for me this would be a wrong direction for the game into "pay to win".

And in your mind the legendary mounts being lockbox only is somehow not pay to win?

Either way it will never happen, at least not until they add mythic mounts.
  • drakostar83drakostar83 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    Legendary Mounts are not pay to win, bc you can buy it at AH and you could get it easely from ingame AD

Legendary Mounts are not pay to win, bc you can buy it at AH and you could get it easely from ingame AD

First off, players who play PVE are not really winning anything. They are simply advancing their character, no winning there. That is why paying into a game that is PVE is pay to advance. If a player does PVP than that is Pay to Win to build a stronger character. NWO is both but it depends upon what the player is playing.

With the ability to swap Zen to AD the game is pay to advance with items in the AH being sold for AD. Having the mounts in a store that cost real world money is no different than having items in the AH.

How many players this weekend went from 12K to over 16K simply by swapping zen for AD. I know quite a few players that took low level characters to end game in less than an hour.

I have no problem with pay to win or pay to advance as it keep a F2P game free and it also shows that these players are supporting the game longevity. Just like a F2P player is supporting the game by playing and being in the game so that the pay players have others to run with.

Most players fall somewhere between a pay to advance and a F2P player. Players will invest some of there zen to AD to upgrade some items and than use the zen on other things like wards, keys, etc...

I know I fall closer to the pay to advance as I do pay into the game whenever I want to improve a character when lucky simply is not there for me. So far, I did this 3x for my three primary characters. I have zero luck with all things that are not rings in this game.

30% chance to upgrade an enchantment took 60+ wards. A friend used 1 ward to go from a 7 to a 13 on 4 enchantments. LUCK is a big factor and some characters have it, none of mine do.