test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Overflow Leveling and Claiming Rewards

vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
Just a couple of feedback regarding claiming overflow rewards:

1. It's been asked by someone else, but can there be a keybind for claiming it?

2. It still covers the 'Item Notifications' as they get picked up and placed in your inventory which is annoying.

3. If it gives the same thing every time (RP, RAD) and sometimes a power point (if you are not capped), why not just automatically reward it instead of having us needing to click it each time we level past level 70? It would stop us needing to worry about points 1 and 2 if this were the case and make playing more seamless.
Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    No, I don't want it automatic. I accumulate my XP reward and only open them when I have enough AD bonus to cover it. It is the extra 50% I am not going to give up. XP reward rAD has been my major rAD income. I need that extra 50%. I don't want yet another rAD nerf.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User

No, I don't want it automatic. I accumulate my XP reward and only open them when I have enough AD bonus to cover it. It is the extra 50% I am not going to give up. XP reward rAD has been my major rAD income. I need that extra 50%. I don't want yet another rAD nerf.

Fair point
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Really annoying that the XP reward and items are still always on top. Makes it much more annoying to use the 'ID All' menu option on my inventory, since that is where I moved the item notification to get it out of the middle. Anywhere other corner and it still blocks other elements of the HUD. I want to be able to see the items flow in but not have them obscure the inventory UI.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    pitshade said:

Really annoying that the XP reward and items are still always on top. Makes it much more annoying to use the 'ID All' menu option on my inventory, since that is where I moved the item notification to get it out of the middle. Anywhere other corner and it still blocks other elements of the HUD. I want to be able to see the items flow in but not have them obscure the inventory UI.

Yes, that is the problem I complained about after they changed the UI to make XP reward to stay on top. It was not like that before that change.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Part of that, and the change to overflow, seems to be because they do not want them hoarded. Take them when they come in. Personally, I don't see the point of worrying over the rAD boost. All it does is get you to your 100k faster. That amount is easy enough to get through normal play anyway.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    greywynd said:

Part of that, and the change to overflow, seems to be because they do not want them hoarded. Take them when they come in. Personally, I don't see the point of worrying over the rAD boost. All it does is get you to your 100k faster. That amount is easy enough to get through normal play anyway.

Not for me. I don't do RQ. Most of the days, I don't get any rAD.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Ah, okay.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Not for everyone. I do RLQ and RIQ every day on two separate characters. I generally have time to run one additional dungeon on work nights. Weekends are when I have more time, but this weekend I'm going to be focusing on influence and IWD currency. Salvage was nice because it let me store up rough astral diamonds in a form I could move to other characters and claim when it was convenient. I'll figure out how to improve my situation in the next couple of weeks.