test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Taverns are boring, need unique bar theme.

wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
where is the bar fights? big nasty brawl fest free for all. i am sure monks would love this if we have more classes added for unarm fights. Skyrim has this. Eq2 has a version of bar fights.

how about "Clue theme", random daily murder case in the bar, checking room to room for clues.
how about card game/amusement parlor, we need chess, other things.
other Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 had basement maze quest, a fight club, and so on few other concepts.

Comments

• Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    My friends and I believe the Driftwood Tavern would make an excellent hangout spot. Too RP players many sit in Moonstone flirting with each other. However, I noticed zone chat inside the Tavern is the same as PE zone chat. In short, you would need to create a new chat for players within the Tavern. Next if the Foundry wasn't offline, I would tell you to make a Foundry Quest within the Driftwood Tavern and you could have a bar fight. Some RP Foundries do exist and unfortunately can only contain 5 players at a time. But I do feel for what you are saying. Goro Thay would love tossing daggers at the dart board. But every time the devs change some minor cosmetic in one area the sound gets weird or companions start walking about without any heads.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    cant imagine that headless scenery.
  • Options
    pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    I have suggested before that the way NW can breath new life into their game is to set it up like Baulder's Gate in that you have NPCs with all these mini-quests and those change all the time. To make it playable you have to give reasons to play like items, resources, fashion items, transmutables, etc.

On top of that, a reputation meter and your actions tracked and things changing in the game due to your choices. Maybe the street gangs attack you on sight in the bars. The bartender gives you free drinks because you rescued his daughter. Etc.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,098 Arc User
    They are only boring if Boo says they are boring. "Tell them they are boring, Boo!"
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.