test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why in my opinion locking HR to one spec is not a good idea

wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
Hello there HR guys and gals!

I was thinking about recent trapper downfall and the raise of combat spec and why it's in my opinion a different situation than with other classes.

My starting point is that when you play any other class and suddenly one of your trees is buffed/nerfed and you have to switch to a different one it affects your rotation, powers propably, maybe stats. But when it comes to HR, it affects your whole gameplay strategy. Your movement, positioning, powers, gear - everything. You are literally using different weapons when playing either: Archery, Combat, Trapper. Of course you can use any of bow or blades in any given time but depending on a tree path you went, you will focus on either one of them, or both when playing trapper.

Currently we are somehow "locked" in Combat spec since it's the ultimate go-to for us and the most reasonable and effective build and I think no one will deny it. You cannot compete in terms of dps and utility with combat as either trapper and definitely not archer. Neither archer or trapper can offer anything significant that combat cannot offer as well.

Many people will say "don't complain - you have a good tree you can play!". And I somehow agree with them, but on the other side I feel it's not the same as it would be with any other class because of how much difference is between three of our paths. My HR had his bow stolen and was buffed to be a mini gwf. I don't mind combat being the best dps spec but I really liked the trapper playstyle and I know many people are playing combat cause they just want to enjoy the party content and not be execluded from the newer content.

So trappers are now in this weird limbo between once-great dps spec and devs buffer wannabe. We are neither go-to dps nor a buffers. I really feel weird about it and hope that mod16 will shape trapper and/or archery in some fashion that will make them somehow competetive in some given way.

So far I sold my Fey and not even looking at my combat loadout. Having fun as trapper but damn, I feel the difference in numbers.

Comments

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    DEVs trying to push pathfinder towards support is laughable. They are so out of touch. Trapper should be DPS, the hybrid DPS path. All HR trees should be DPS. Enough of this dumb support meta.

GWF has some powers that affect the party also, is it suddenly not a DPS class all of a sudden?
  • Options
    giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    They want to make only one pure DPS class, viable as main DPS, all other DPS classes are support for this one. They made it to CW and SW, HR was the only class that can compete vs GWF....TR is out, and HR is another buff bot for GWF or dps GF.