test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't open workshop delivery box

Comments

• Options
    alansweetalansweet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User
    Would you a least let us know if you are addressing this defect. What can we expect?
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    alansweet said:

Would you a least let us know if you are addressing this defect. What can we expect?

@alansweet While I would like to think so at this point I doubt it. This bug has been in the system since it dropped on preview in September, it was never fixed. There was a workaround but that one won't work for live (it involved making a fresh copy of your character and we can't do that on the live server can we?). So at this point I'm more or less convinced that they can't fix the bug and the affected players are simply screwed.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    jandemannjandemann Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    This particular bug should have been equal to or be elevated over the Callum bug.....simply put, disappointing to our community :-1:

Angry Inch lvl 70 OP and his NOT SO merry band of other Angry Campfire Hero toons
    Starks Alliance
  • Options
    polleke26polleke26 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    still stuck even after maintaince
  • Options
    dasfizzla#3901 dasfizzla Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Balista quest wont open for me and the Delivery box is broken I made sure my professions were cleared on both my toon's 1 works fine the second is fubar...... what gives and why is it happening?
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Well, there's no help from the support on this matter either... they just say one has to wait for the Devs to fix it.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Greetings,

I don't have any ETA, but that's in the high priority list.

We apologies for the inconvenience and we thank you for your patience.

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    mathwizmathwiz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    i have 2 months of VIP left on both my accounts - fix it before then or i quit forever
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    percemer said:

Greetings,

Regards,

I think what really irritates some people is that this very problem was reported back on October 21st, with a clear warning "I'm sorry, but I have a SHOWSTOPPER-category problem.....This needs to be fixed - otherwise a lot of players will get stuck." but this was allowed to go live.

To be fair, though, I must note that the supposed cause in the original report was not entirely correct...it does not depend on whether you had old ongoing tasks from the previous crafting system. The real issue is that the delivery box fills up before you get to the point in the quest chain where you are allowed to take anything from it. This is just more likely to happen if you had ongoing tasks, as then up to 9 slots will be taken, and it takes less to fill all 12.

Typically what happens is that someone doing the first gathering quest will send a gatherer out to gather something like flax, and to collect as much as possible...maybe letting the task run overnight. The delivery box fills up but cannot be emptied. Now, if you had told it to collect just a single copper ore, everything would have be fine, but anyhow, this is why people get stuck.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    sianekasianeka Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    I'm another person who is stuck, and getting unhelpful ticket responses, like "Please explain the problem further" It's a KNOWN bug affecting many players already, and you want me to explain further? Or "This looks like a bug. Please report it" Um, yeah I know, I told YOU it was a bug and I've already reported it! Along with many other players as well...

My customer service rep says he'll gather details and report it to developers. How on earth does this help me? I'm sure the developers already have much more detail than he will gather and report... if he even does this. No word on what I can do to help resolve the issue and get my character workable again.

Just open and empty the box for me if you won't let me do it.
  • Options
    sakkara#1578 sakkara Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Add me to the list of the disgruntled and discouraged who agree this should have never been allowed to go live. Programming 101.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Well, i suggested in my ticket to give everyone affected by this bug Karmela as an account-wide companion.
    With a bug like this, it would be nice to receive at least some kind of consolation gift.

Anyway, while i got a few other characters through this quest up to the point where i have to gather resources for the third upgrade of the workshop, i sometimes can't get rid of a notification "pop-up" for the Profession Starter Kit... i open the kit in my inventory as instructed, but the messages keep popping up over and over again.

"Press I to open your inventory and find the Profession Starter Kit."
    and
    "Go to the Items tab of your inventory and open the Profession Starter Kit."

Relogging or restarting the game seem to break the pop-up loop sometimes and it continues to the next step, but not allways, and i'm just wondering what else is broken in this workshop quest...
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    jandemannjandemann Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    adinosii said:

percemer said:

Greetings,

Regards,

I think what really irritates some people is that this very problem was reported back on October 21st, with a clear warning "I'm sorry, but I have a SHOWSTOPPER-category problem.....This needs to be fixed - otherwise a lot of players will get stuck." but this was allowed to go live.

To be fair, though, I must note that the supposed cause in the original report was not entirely correct...it does not depend on whether you had old ongoing tasks from the previous crafting system. The real issue is that the delivery box fills up before you get to the point in the quest chain where you are allowed to take anything from it. This is just more likely to happen if you had ongoing tasks, as then up to 9 slots will be taken, and it takes less to fill all 12.

Typically what happens is that someone doing the first gathering quest will send a gatherer out to gather something like flax, and to collect as much as possible...maybe letting the task run overnight. The delivery box fills up but cannot be emptied. Now, if you had told it to collect just a single copper ore, everything would have be fine, but anyhow, this is why people get stuck.
    ty for this, it may help some of the guildies that haven't started yet.....I'm guessing though there's still no workaround if you do get bugged as of yet?

Oh and yeah, I'm one of those irritated ones cause that bug was not just reported, but UBER reported in preview...………..

Angry Inch lvl 70 OP and his NOT SO merry band of other Angry Campfire Hero toons
    Starks Alliance
  • Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    We are aware of the issue and have identified a solution, we are aiming to get it out as soon as possible.
    adinosii said:

Like this ?

If so, then this ia a bug I reported on Preview a while ago. Would typically happen if you had pending leadership tasks in your profession slots when starting the profession tasks. Never found a way around it, except just clearing all slots before starting mod 15.

Although this looks a lot like the original issue that appeared on preview in various forms that was caused exclusively by having unclaimed professions tasks from before the update, the issue that is on live is actually different. There are certain circumstances involving gameserver crashes and lag that can cause newly registered gathering tasks to fail to trigger mission advancement.

We had to pull a number of characters off of live that were experiencing this issue, and in all cases they had at least 3 new gathering tasks that had been completed (on top of the 9 tasks from before the update, though this bug can occur with no old tasks), but the mission had not advanced. If you see this happen on one of your characters and notice before the task finishes, please view "Current Gathering Tasks" at the bottom left of the dispatch board and cancel your tasks. Until this issue is resolved, if you are on a new character in the tutorial, we recommend choosing a low level task and verifying that the mission step "Order an Item at the Dispatch Board" successfully completes.

For those whose gathering tasks have already completed filling their box and preventing advancement, once the fix goes live, your mission state will advance automatically. We are also discussing whether or not anything can be done in the meantime, I will update this thread later today.
  • Options
    sakkara#1578 sakkara Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Not true. I have been away for 10 days and was not around when the initial patch went live. The "fix" was already live when I patched and went into the game for the first time on 11/10/2018. My first toon to play the new content had no trouble at all. My second got the bug right off the bat, with no prior exposure to the new content at all.
  • Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2018
    asterdahl said:

We are also discussing whether or not anything can be done in the meantime, I will update this thread later today.

It should be possible for the customer service team to advance you through the two necessary mission steps if you submit a support ticket.

Post edited by asterdahl on
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    @asterdahl, thanks for the replies.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    asterdahl said:

asterdahl said:

We are also discussing whether or not anything can be done in the meantime, I will update this thread later today.

It should be possible for the customer service team to advance you through the two necessary mission steps if you submit a support ticket.

No, a GM told me, that he can't help me with this or the other bug...
    Ticket Reference# 181108-000693
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    Ticket #4,777,551 created 11/7/2018 - Running a Workshop - mission does not provide a frame near the delivery chest where I can 'Press F to access Chest'.

I may have 1 Astral Diamond Chest and 1 Corvee Labor left in the queue from MOD14, but I had the same on many other characters without issue. I cannot cancel any jobs because they have completed.

Checking the "Current Gathering Tasks" window shows the following message in each of the three queue slots:
    "Make space in your delivery box before placing more orders".

This is the only account to have this message, 4 other characters have no access but they do not have this full delivery box message in their status window.

I am able to run non-gathering tasks using the morale system, but cannot do any time-dependent tasks.

Please provide this account access to the delivery box so i can continue the tutorial.

Thank You.
  • Options
    jagerelf#8038 jagerelf Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Ticket #4,785,010 created 11/13/2018 (can't find the one created on 11/7/2018) - Running a Workshop - mission does not provide a frame near the delivery chest where I can 'Press F to access Chest'.

I had previously submitted some limited run tasks using the Dispatching Board interface. If I go near the chest, stand on it, or do anything to try to view the expected prompt window, there is nothing appearing.

Checking the "Current Gathering Tasks" window shows the following message in each of the three queue slots:
    "No Tasks Assigned." There are no pending jobs to cancel. There is no indication that items are in the chest, however I wanted to verify that there still was no access ... so:

I created a single run task of 1 lot of Well Water and submitted it. Having read the post above advising users to cancel any pending tasks, I did so. When I checked my access to the Delivery Box ... ***The 'Press F to Access' dialog correctly displayed. The Chest had the Astral Diamond/Corvee Labor chest jobs from before the MOD15 release. It also contained a Rank 11 Experimentation result. The 5 lots of Flax and 1 lot of SS Trading Tea I had submitted as part of this tutorial were also complete and were removed by double clicking each icon (not using the 'Claim All' as some have reported it bugged.

I was able to run non-gathering tasks using the morale system, but could not do any time-dependent tasks.

I am submitting this to provide evidence of a 'jammed' tutorial sequence releasing itself because my box was not completely full. Hopefully this will help others.

-------------------
    After submitting the above I removed all the items from the Chest, verified the access was still there and went to my Retainer to complete the quest. That portion of the dialog completed (comments about buying verses gathering items), but checking quests status now shows that "Wait for the gathering task to complete' is *not* checked (even though the Flax/Tea was gathered.

I resubmitted the Well Water gathering task again, not cancelling this time...when it completed the Delivery Box interface correctly included the Tutorial commentary text and I was able to complete the quest with the Retainer.
    Post edited by jagerelf#8038 on
  • Options
    axasker#8482 axasker Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Ticket #4,785,073 created 11/13/2018 (can't find the one created on 11/9/2018) - Running a Workshop - mission does not provide a frame near the delivery chest where I can 'Press F to access Chest'.

I had previously submitted some limited run tasks using the Dispatching Board interface. If I go near the chest, stand on it, or do anything to try to view the expected prompt window, there is nothing appearing.

"No Tasks Assigned." There are no pending jobs to cancel. There is no indication that items are in the chest and there is no prompt to allow the box to be opened and items removed.

I tried the submit/cancel process described by jagerelf twice and it did not cause the access to appear. I know I have *not* used 'Claim All' because this character has never seen the inside of the Delivery Box revealing the button. I did submit a job that completed faster than I could cancel it, so there is something in the box.

Please provide the access to the box for this character.

btw, I am also getting the lingering prompt to open the box/chest of Profession supplies that was opened by right-clicking on the inventory item and selectin 'Open' as instructed. It has persisted through many login sessions.
  • Options
    Ticket #4,785,073 created 11/13/2018 - Running a Workshop - mission does not provide a frame near the delivery chest where I can 'Press F to access Chest'.

Same issue as reported above by igorstandsfirm

"Make space in your delivery box before placing more orders".

I have not clicked on the 'Claim All' button in the Delivery Box.

I am able to run non-gathering tasks using the morale system, but cannot do any time-dependent tasks.

Please provide this account access to the delivery box so i can continue the tutorial.
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Submitted ticket 4,785,201 11/13/2018 - Running a Workshop - cannot open delivery box, therefore cannot progress with workshop.

Reported previously by me and many, many other players.

• Options
    syrvaughnsyrvaughn Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Same problem. ticket 4785218. Would be nice to get this fixed since, like many others this seems to impact my main tradeskill toon as opposed to one of my other alts. Even if we could cancel and restart the quest would help.

You may also want to fix the bug report system. The search did not show any results for this being an existing issue.....
  • Options
    keirenbrachenkeirenbrachen Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Add another to the long list of toons who have no ability to empty the delivery box or abandon this quest
  • Options
    schugeldson#7809 schugeldson Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Well, thankfully they were able to advance my quest for me. Now I have a different problem that cropped up probably because of it... my order button on my Artisan's Table won't work, it says I need to advance further in the quest line. I'm way past the beginning stuff, and am at the 500,000 gathering items quest. I can craft with Workshop Morale, but the order button won't work because some flag was skipped apparantly when my quest was advanced past the board/delivery box issue. Sigh.
  • Options
    blodvernblodvern Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User

The box is full. I can't open it. I can't progress with the workshop.

New professions system is useless and horrible so far.

Welcome to the team.... You, me and almost a half of the players (I suspect) have at last one character in that situation... All toons that had all profession slots in use when Mod. 15 was launched are experiencing that bug... And became blocked.
    No solutions in horizon yet.... :anguished:

I would like to know who was the "genius" that had the idea to block acess to the products of completed profession tasks, until complete the "Running a Workshop" quest... None of that would be happening if they simply allow acess to "delivery box" with no conditions, "ab initio"...
  • Options
    sianekasianeka Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    regenerde said:

asterdahl said:

asterdahl said:

No, a GM told me, that he can't help me with this or the other bug...
    Ticket Reference# 181108-000693
    Like regenerde, I also have submitted a ticket saying I'm stuck (Ticket #181107-000604) and gotten Customer Service response, wait for the developers to release a fix. They are NOT offering to "advance me through the two necessary mission steps" even though I have submitted a ticket...
  • Options
    thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    For those suffering from being unable to access your delivery box, there is a workaround in the meantime.

/gensendMessage Deliverybox_Root show

This command brings up your delivery box, so you don't have to wait for the devs to come out with a fix. I skimmed the thread, and strangely, did not see this suggested.

@asterdahl Perhaps you can forward this command to your CS team so they can send it to people affected by this that aren't on the forums.
    Post edited by thestia on