test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Heart of Fire Issues

bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
Besides getting all of my powers and feats wiped. My control wizard seems a lot weaker than yesterday, even with my shield on, i seem to be taking damage a lot faster. It feels like my durability has be reduced, but i am not sure it is or did they acually do something. Where do i find the exact chnages made to classes?
I am new to these forums but have been playing since 2013.
Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Though the following notes are for the Heart of Fire release (ie, everything in the module), just use Control+F (or whatever the find function is on Mac) and search for "Control Wizard". You want to be looking for the one that says "Control Wizard Changes".

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11013123

• vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    bpstuart said:

Besides getting all of my powers and feats wiped. My control wizard seems a lot weaker than yesterday, even with my shield on, i seem to be taking damage a lot faster. It feels like my durability has be reduced, but i am not sure it is or did they acually do something. Where do i find the exact chnages made to classes?

Taking Shield off of your bar would be a strong step in the right direction. Murder is the best CC, and wasting a slot on Shield is counterproductive.

I've noticed no difference in durability and believe I am experiencing an increase in damage output after doing respecs with these changes in mind, but much more testing is in order.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Something certainly feels wrong. Even with oppressor reducing enemy damage, they're still hitting really hard.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    vorphied said:

bpstuart said:

Taking Shield off of your bar would be a strong step in the right direction. Murder is the best CC, and wasting a slot on Shield is counterproductive.

I've noticed no difference in durability and believe I am experiencing an increase in damage output after doing respecs with these changes in mind, but much more testing is in order.
    Quick question Vorphied, was the damage buff for powers 25% or 30%. I know the latest patch notes stated 30% vs. what was originally communicated as a 25% buff.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to this update so I can test out different abilities for various build but I have a feeling my builds will all be renegade.
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    So update, it seems to be quest dependent, i went a fought some dragon cultist above my level and it was a fine challenge, but one mission earlier some enemies that were my level were hitting harder than the level 71 dudes.

Maybe it is missions that are off and not the patch?
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
    Lifesteal feels like it's not proc'ing right either. Don't have an issue with anyone else. MoF with DoTs and 19% LS and it just doesn't want to proc at times.
    > @mebengalsfan#9264 said:
    > Besides getting all of my powers and feats wiped. My control wizard seems a lot weaker than yesterday, even with my shield on, i seem to be taking damage a lot faster. It feels like my durability has be reduced, but i am not sure it is or did they acually do something. Where do i find the exact chnages made to classes?
    > I am new to these forums but have been playing since 2013.
    >
    > Taking Shield off of your bar would be a strong step in the right direction. Murder is the best CC, and wasting a slot on Shield is counterproductive.
    >
    > I've noticed no difference in durability and believe I am experiencing an increase in damage output after doing respecs with these changes in mind, but much more testing is in order.
    >
    > Quick question Vorphied, was the damage buff for powers 25% or 30%. I know the latest patch notes stated 30% vs. what was originally communicated as a 25% buff.
    >
    > Other than that, I'm looking forward to this update so I can test out different abilities for various build but I have a feeling my builds will all be renegade.

Sorry, I missed your question. I was never industrious enough to compare the before and after tooltip values or ACT results to verify what the base % change was.

My feeling is also that Renegade is now the everything tree.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

> @ghoulz66 said:
    > Lifesteal feels like it's not proc'ing right either. Don't have an issue with anyone else. MoF with DoTs and 19% LS and it just doesn't want to proc at times.

Are you by chance using your guild Life Steal boon? While there can be advantages to LS, a Defense or HP boon will improve your survivability if it’s big hits that are giving you issues.

Also, it could be that your damage output per “strike” not being that high is reducing the effectiveness of your LS. A proc on Disintegrate should heal you to full in an instant, but DoTs may not heal you dramatically outside of a bigger party.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

vorphied said:

> @ghoulz66 said:

> Lifesteal feels like it's not proc'ing right either. Don't have an issue with anyone else. MoF with DoTs and 19% LS and it just doesn't want to proc at times.

Are you by chance using your guild Life Steal boon? While there can be advantages to LS, a Defense or HP boon will improve your survivability if it’s big hits that are giving you issues.

Also, it could be that your damage output per “strike” not being that high is reducing the effectiveness of your LS. A proc on Disintegrate should heal you to full in an instant, but DoTs may not heal you dramatically outside of a bigger party.

I changed literally nothing, and it was fine until this mod. I noticed a change immediately in Barovia.