test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Who Else Hates the New Approach to Crafting?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I don't exactly hate the new system but it does suck more time from me. The main time waste is "collecting". That messes up my old invocation routine.

I have 14 profession capable characters. I only activated 10 for the new profession in which 2 of them are brand new characters created after mod 15.

At this moment, there are 3 main short term goals:

1. level up new character profession and earn gold at the same time.
    2. level up old characters' non level 70 profession and earn gold at the same time.
    3. prepare to create and create stuff for the trading company commission to upgrade to Workshop 3.

I plan to be gold positive and AD positive for these short term goals. It may take a while though.

Most are stream line automated but the major time sink is "collecting".
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    If you get the wrong artisans to begin with, you can easily spend 50 gold per day on an alt that only exists to craft 30-35k/commission per day to mail to your main character. There is no realistic way to make the hundreds of gold per day required to sustain that quantity of crafting. So even after the overhyped Grand Upgrade, you end up with no AD stream beyond the 100k/day you can make from playing plus whatever comes from the VIP lockbox - usually under 5k at this point - and no RP stream beyond what you can find from adventuring. In short, the price of RP is going to go through the roof, Chinese bots are going to be farming platinum chalices to sell on the AH, and it's gong to be basically impossible to level a new artifact to mythic except by spending 24 hours a day opening gifts during the xmas event for two weeks out of the year. They need to seriously reduce the gold costs of commission, include new or larger sources of gold (such as in dungeon chests), and eliminate gold sinks throughout the game (such as 5 gold for some crafted keys, which is ridiculous) to achieve any kind of sustainability.
  • Options
    talon1970talon1970 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 152 Arc User
    Well as always some people like the new system, some people dislike it.

I am on from the dislike side, bc i have to work in RL 8 hours/day up to 12h, 14h or even open end..

So in my rare free time i want to have fun, but it isn't fun for me spending in an game alot of time doing professions, instead of doing dailys/weeklys and far more important for me:

Running dungeons with my guildmates and have F U N doing that.

So sorry to say, for me (or people like me) this Mod is far worser than Mod 6...
  • Options
    spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    This new profession sytem su.x.x. like hell.
    I have all professions master V, but lost all my passion in doing jobs or crafting things...i only get HAMSTER artisans and i dont spend any ZEN for a chance!! to get a good one.
    This is nuts
  • Options
    aspa12aspa12 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    Alright, the more I get involved with the new profession system the more worse it feels. Gonna point some things out from my perspective:

Where’s my 75% chance in mw? Then one I spent an abundant in TIME and guild marks into acquiring? I feel like I am 3 modules behind. Instead of my initial 75% and the single RNG factor I had, I now have less than 75% and 2 more rngs. Another rng factor to consider because hey we have +1 items now. But fret not my friends we added supplements which have also a hidden rng factor to consider since there’s a chance to kinda burn them. Did we need more rng? Yeap ! Because nothing makes the game more fun as much as more rng.

Where are my artisans? I can’t even get the new ones. There no sufficient space in my workshop for them. Instead I have those tickets which oh yeah... I can exchange for total HAMSTER. Nothing is remotely as useful in that vendor as much as my purple artisans were.

The artisan’s recruitment from zen/vendor is a big fail. Did you know you can decline an artisan and the SAME artisan will pop up for hiring instantly?? I mean I just declined the guy 2 seconds ago? What the heck? Wasn’t one rejection enough for him? He had to ask again after 1 second? Makes no sense. Also, there are way more artisan’s than space for them, which makes it impossible to get the ones you truly want since you need to have all the commons and blues first.

Time: even if you are using new professions to make more gold or ad it takes double the time as it did for you in the past.

Workshop: Why I need to be in there to get my professions done? I think instead of an instance for workshop it would be more popular if you made something out of housing.

Gold: In the long term, this currency will be more important than ad. But worry not because there tons of new more ways to acquire it, which are : NONE.

Recipes: I’ve noticed some old recipes now require extra stuff from the new materials.. Why change the original recipe and add more to it? To justify all those new materials existence and their fancy names?

Other than that hey, I like the morale part and my retainer looks cute.
    If you can't convince them confuse them.
  • Options
    janderxjanderx Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    i HAMSTER hate it, period.
    it too convoluted for nothing, the goal is mw and that was expensive and tiresome before new proff now i even expensier and more tiresome, instead of making all this HAMSTER they should change the HAMSTER equipment that drops from dungeons/skirmishes for years and some art eq that has been obsolete for years and replace it with mw eq drops and take out the crafting system, this is d&d not minecraft! even worst this is action d&d 4e not normal old school d&d or minecraft!
  • Options
    funkfest#7405 funkfest Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I skimmed through this thread, and I can not comment on the old system, I am new just before Mod 15.

For me the only thing so far about the crafting that I can not stand, and seems like a poorly thought out mechanic, is the fact that I can not play the rest of the game if I want to build up my workshop.

I run to go do some quests and "bing" stuff to collect from the delivery box. So I can basically stand next to the door of the workshop and go in every 10 mins to empty the delivery box, or not craft at all and play the game.

Which seems really dumb, IMO, since I collect it all into a nearly infinite storage on my character. Why do I have to babysit the delivery box?
  • Options
    edited November 2018

I skimmed through this thread, and I can not comment on the old system, I am new just before Mod 15.

For me the only thing so far about the crafting that I can not stand, and seems like a poorly thought out mechanic, is the fact that I can not play the rest of the game if I want to build up my workshop.

I run to go do some quests and "bing" stuff to collect from the delivery box. So I can basically stand next to the door of the workshop and go in every 10 mins to empty the delivery box, or not craft at all and play the game.

Which seems really dumb, IMO, since I collect it all into a nearly infinite storage on my character. Why do I have to babysit the delivery box?

You don't. Just because there is something in your delivery box, it does not mean you have to pick them up. You know how long it will take to fill it up approximately. Go back in your convenient. Even if the delivery box is filled up, it is not the end of the world. I would clean up the delivery box before I leave though.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    funkfest#7405 funkfest Member Posts: 14 Arc User

You don't. Just because there is something in your delivery box, it does not mean you have to pick them up. You know how long it will take to fill it up approximately. Go back in your convenient. Even if the delivery box is filled up, it is not the end of the world. I would clean up the delivery box before I leave though.

If it is full and you do not empty it you do not continue to gain experience on anymore professions or artisans until it has room for more.

When I am out trying to level and run through zones. Having to return to the box every 10 minutes to empty it is lame.
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    edited November 2018

If they're doing low level crafting tasks, and since they're new that's exactly what they will be doing, then they're going to have to babysit the delivery box. They've only got 12 delivery slots and those will fill up about every 10 minutes. I was running low level crafting tasks on 14 characters from Saturday afternoon/evening through to Monday evening. It took so much time to collect the deliveries after leaving them running overnight that I stopped doing them all by Tuesday morning. Seriously. It would take 15 to 20 minutes per character to collect all the deliveries from the overnight crafting. This translated to THREE HOURS of my play time on Sunday morning. By Monday, some of the characters had stopped doing some of their tasks and I got the time down to TWO HOURS. Even during the day, having not collected deliveries for an hour or two would take two to three minutes per character to collect them all. And my characters all have the Workshop Sending Stone. So I don't even have to go to the Workshop to do any of this. I generated a respectable amount of gold for the effort. That said, it's such an enormous time-sink that it's not worth it.
  • Options
    raiderone000raiderone000 Member Posts: 87 Arc User

If they're doing low level crafting tasks, and since they're new that's exactly what they will be doing, then they're going to have to babysit the delivery box. They've only got 12 delivery slots and those will fill up about every 10 minutes. I was running low level crafting tasks on 14 characters from Saturday afternoon/evening through to Monday evening. It took so much time to collect the deliveries after leaving them running overnight that I stopped doing them all by Tuesday morning. Seriously. It would take 15 to 20 minutes per character to collect all the deliveries from the overnight crafting. This translated to THREE HOURS of my play time on Sunday morning. By Monday, some of the characters had stopped doing some of their tasks and I got the time down to TWO HOURS. Even during the day, having not collected deliveries for an hour or two would take two to three minutes per character to collect them all. And my characters all have the Workshop Sending Stone. So I don't even have to go to the Workshop to do any of this. I generated a respectable amount of gold for the effort. That said, it's such an enormous time-sink that it's not worth it.
    I'm running 26 toon's thru the new crafting system and yes it takes me longer now than before.
    It's because of trying to Invoke and complete crafting. Always needing to go to the workshop, in order to gather and check
    on new Artisans. I check on new Artisans about every 8 hours, or I was... But the good thing is I now Gather and CRAFT once and that's it. Not every 8 hours of crafting like old system.
    ***Adding Fireplace in Workshop for invoking would be great addition***
    ***Or adding Workshop into Stronghold would be even better***

I don't complete crafting if Artisan cost is too high. Why I've been checking every 8 hours for new Artisans. By now
    I've collected lower cost Artisans in one craft or another. Sometimes I would concentrate on Gathering, if all Artisans
    were too costly. This is one part of new crafting, I don't like. Epic's are way too costly for day to day crafting.
    Hence I use low cost ones -75%. Artificer only has -50%.

***Craft Tab needs to be updated to complete like the Order Tab***
    It would be nice to set quantity of Crafting to make it more efficient.

If you are using lower cost Artisans and crafting lower items, you can make some gold. But it is time consuming.
    Some lower items have lower costs than others and have a higher selling value of 34 silver. The cost is Gathering and Commissioning all items.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

If it is full and you do not empty it you do not continue to gain experience on anymore professions or artisans until it has room for more.

When I am out trying to level and run through zones. Having to return to the box every 10 minutes to empty it is lame.
    Yes but I myself won't get out of my way and interrupt what I am doing because of that. It is like invocation for me. Yes, I would like invoke my alts in the "schedule" so that all of them could have 6 invocation of the day. But if I am busy playing a toon, I would not leave him/her and switch to another toons to do invocation because of invocation.

So, if the delivery box is filled in 10 minutes, I would go back after what should be done be done and that may be in 20 minutes or longer.

Choosing when to do what is your choice.
  • Options
    raiderone000raiderone000 Member Posts: 87 Arc User

Yes but I myself won't get out of my way and interrupt what I am doing because of that. It is like invocation for me. Yes, I would like invoke my alts in the "schedule" so that all of them could have 6 invocation of the day. But if I am busy playing a toon, I would not leave him/her and switch to another toons to do invocation because of invocation.

So, if the delivery box is filled in 10 minutes, I would go back after what should be done be done and that may be in 20 minutes or longer.

I save some Craft or Charm in order to collect remotely. It only takes 5. no need to go delivery box, if some charm is saved.
    And typically only thing I'm collecting from box is Gathering materials. I Craft once a day and typically don't use Order.
    Order is nice but can cost alot of gold if used continuously. It's Gathering Materials that will really fill the box!
  • Options
    edited November 2018

If you leave it running for very long time after you logout and choose to really collect them 'all' when you login, yes, it will take a very long time.
    If you leave it alone and let it fills up the delivery box after you login, it will stop. However, we always have that temptation to maximize it though.
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

I save some Craft or Charm in order to collect remotely. It only takes 5. no need to go delivery box, if some charm is saved.
    And typically only thing I'm collecting from box is Gathering materials. I Craft once a day and typically don't use Order.
    Order is nice but can cost alot of gold if used continuously. It's Gathering Materials that will really fill the box!
    That assumes the player has a Workshop Sending Stone. Since the OP is a new player/new to professions, they aren't going to have one until they get a profession to level 50 and complete the "A Box for Knox" quest.