What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverember's Recruitment Event Feedback

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User

kreatyve said:

The event is more aimed at new players, rather than hardcore end-game players that have been playing since day 1. Nothing wrong with that, but the players that have been playing for years aren't happy with it, for understandable reasons.

I quite like it now since 200 companion upgrade tokens are useful but more importantly each alt gets a 36 slot bag and a 12 slot bag, and since I have a lot of alts that I am basically doing a few zones with then invoking to get to level 59 and have plenty of time to do it then this event is not too annoying.

Since I do the invoking anyway this is not a chore so I will be making around 40 million AD in bags and tokens for 50 hours in game "work" which is very good profit per hour indeed.

It is still boring and deary doing the introduction tutorial up to level 4 zone and this needs removed once you have done it a few times which I think needs added as a suggestion.
    Since you said "since I have a lot of alts ..." instead of "since I have a lot of unused character slots ...",
    just in case you missed it, the incentive can only be earned by the character created after mod 15.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    quelmiran#2911 quelmiran Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    If by mistake (not knowing about the account cap) lvled 3 toons and all of them have some incentives, and then delete the last toon, will the incentives earned from that character be free so that the other toon be able to get or they will be lost and then i will be able to get 200 in total minus the incentives I deleted along with the toons?
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    So I have one question: Where is it that I go to actually spend the incentives?

I have looked at the campaign store and checked some of the "special" vendors around town and see nothing.
    I tried clicking the currency itself in the hopes of opening a window and got nothing as well.
  • Options
    heimdal#3771 heimdal Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    "Leave ur questions and concerns here" wouldnt it be reasonable to answer the questions above then? Seen one mod bravely put out fires in this forum. Shouldnt the community manager actually manage community?
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

I have looked at the campaign store and checked some of the "special" vendors around town and see nothing.
    I tried clicking the currency itself in the hopes of opening a window and got nothing as well.

near the old salvager in PE theres a vendor for this currency...
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    rafaelda said:

near the old salvager in PE theres a vendor for this currency...
    Thank you.

Trouble sleeping... I'll go check now.
  • Options
    teamstephanteamstephan Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    so this means we wont see any fixes to the server not responding with lag cause I had enough of being disconnected and not getting to play why I ended up playing something else cause this game sucks
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    that "100%" is top end bonus, old xp overflow if lucky, when you open and got 30k rAD and that 100% bonus effect gives you extra 15k rAD and you netted 45K for example. it drops % when you earn diamonds each time, and only way to refill back to 100% is by invokings.
    hope this helps.
  • Options
    anydallaanydalla Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    Campaing done, and I have 95 Neverember's Incentives. Got 5 from Renaer's Salvation. Before start shows 10 incentives, receive 5. Everything done and can't buy Runic bag. Someone had that too or just me?
  • Options
    it feel like "Bait and switch" ploy to fool players, and we have 15 days left, and i doubt that we would see 200 on a single character. still at "65"
  • Options
    inugurlinugurl Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    So I'm close to being done mod 15 on two characters. Both have been earning incentives. I have only one area to complete on both. The last area is only offering 7 incentives and I will be short 3 on both my characters. Did anyone else have this problem?
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    kreatyve said:

The event is more aimed at new players, rather than hardcore end-game players that have been playing since day 1. Nothing wrong with that, but the players that have been playing for years aren't happy with it, for understandable reasons.

I admit though, it be nice if they expanded the Incentives, out to perhaps 300 per account, yet I suspect in 'time' you may in fact see that! Possibly if another Recruitment event is added a year or so from now.

Still the 'one thing' that shocked me was why the Incentives were included in Level up chests? I mean they should have tied them into Deed(s) with Third Eye Campaign Completion. In STO they require far more things completed character wide to earn all the rewards, cause as long as the character is created during the event, you have an unlimited time to complete the rewards, even if the event is over you can fully finish them on that character.

In Star Trek Online:
    • STO requires you to finish every Episode, in almost every Episode Arc / Adventure Zone.
    • Here we were not required to Complete Each Third Eye Deed though a future event may?
    • Here we also were not required to Complete Elemental Evil either.
    • STO also requires to you level one Profession to 5, two to 10, four to 15, and six of nine to 20 (max)
    • Here we didn't even require one at 20, let alone two at 40, three at 60 or four at 70 for example.
    • STO also requires various Admiralty Campaigns Fully Completed to last Tier in 3 to 4.
    • Here we only required to Complete One - future events may change that to 4-5th boons in 3-4.
    • STO you can spend 2-5 months just fully unlocking a single recruits benefit's to gain account wide.
    • Here you could complete that in just 2-4 weeks.
    Though I admit - I was surprised they gave a Runic Bag to ever new character; fully levelled during the event. I think perhaps it should have been a Embroidered Bag of Holder or Greater Bag of Holding, with the Runic Account Wide Bag as the TOP Prize. But if they update &/or add a different recruitment event the rewards offered will likely be different unless they repeat the old event again.

Still I'm very grateful for the one Runic Bag my new ALT received; and also grateful my MAIN got a free Runic Bag as well. I could have actually created yet another new character, but I hadn't even planned on creating a 9th character, I only envisioned doing that if a new 'class' became available.
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    anydalla said:

Campaing done, and I have 95 Neverember's Incentives. Got 5 from Renaer's Salvation. Before start shows 10 incentives, receive 5. Everything done and can't buy Runic bag. Someone had that too or just me?

Is it possible you started more than 2 toons, and the third received 5 incentives on him? Cause the Limit is 200 per account?

That's the only thing I could suggest, otherwise try message the thread author directly, and ask her kindly if she can look into it for you. :)

wylonus said:

it feel like "Bait and switch" ploy to fool players, and we have 15 days left, and i doubt that we would see 200 on a single character. still at "65"

You need to use at least two characters because the maximum is only 100 per character, and 200 per account.

Afaik you get 55 from getting to level 59 and 45 from completing the AI campaign...but dont quote me on it as I used the multiple character route to get the event tokens to spend on companion upgrade tokens.
    I would agree with that.
  • Options
    bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 120 Arc User
    STO recruitment events require more from a new toon because STO recruitment rewards far exceed what one gets in NW.
    • STO has several rewards that are account wide and can be claimed on every character a player has and any future characters a player makes.
    • STO only requires a character be created during the event, but can be leveled at any time. I still have a Delta Recruit that hasn't earned all the rewards.
    • STO recruitment includes unique rewards that are not available unless a player has created a recruit.
    I'd honestly have been much more interested in this recruitment event if it had been more like the ones in STO. As it stands I won't even earn enough incentives to buy anything but refinement stones, but at least I can get ultimate stones out of the deal. Of course, I'd prefer not to make another character until there is a new class so I'm fine with my Neverember recruit being a mule that will eventually be deleted. At least he'll have the bag space to hold a fair amount of junk.
  • Options
    BBA, i feel same way, it is pointless for me to make 2nd new alt and already have 5 older alts and nearly to the point of getting another burnout, already sick of devs making another bait and switch, not fond of those ball and chain ploy they pulled.
    i have no issue with STO and it was better format and you have more options, and i dont see any options with NWO.
    i agreed, i am still holding for "long waited" new classes. these recruit event seem wasteful and didnt understand why the Bank vault didnt add slots as the new character gains new level, all i see a paywall, pricing on everything, inlcuding put price on winter festival fishing, required cost, i am not happy.
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    Glad i skipped the content that they broke when this came on (if it was not just mod 15 itself that broke it) focusing a new character just to finish the AI campaign and level the fullest to get mostly character bound rewards is reasonable having some account stuff come out as free with it would have been nice.
    Overall yeah much more for the new kids then it is for the older players.

My question is do we get to keep earning on the characters to the cap once this has ended or do we lose out because we started a second new character late just to mooch in?

fyi STO did it better (enough so they did it an extra two more times : P )
  • Options
    bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 120 Arc User
    I wasn't intending to make a value judgement regarding the merits of this recruitment event as opposed to what STO does. I was just responding to the comments directly preceding mine regarding the greater demands on STO recruitment characters. STO makes us jump through more hoops, but we can do it in our own time, and we get much more for our efforts.

This recruitment event was primarily about new players and players who don't already have a dozen alts (I only have one of each class, but that's more than enough IMO). There's nothing wrong with what was done here and it even allowed me to do some recruitment of my own and earn some refer-a-friend goodies. STO always bundles recruitment events with new content and incentivizes 8+ year veterans to create new characters with "too good to pass up" account wide rewards. There are pros and cons to both approaches, and I'm personally glad that I wasn't given a reason to create a non-disposable character because of "must have" or at least "definitely want" account wide rewards.

I don't want to create another character I'll care about until I have a reason to; like a new class.
  • Options
    i do have few new captians for STO. they are decent characters, got better crew support. captain's away teams was way better than my original's away team, started out weak when first launched.
    i still got lot of purple grade bridge officers.

i see potentinal for "Druid/summoner archtype" for calling the animals or recruits.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    For me, this is for the old player to take advantage because most of us know how to take advantage of it with the least effort. I have ton of characters already. Most new player do not.

I did that in the straight forward way.
    My goal is I want 2 runic bags (not the best in economic sense) for my main characters and 2 new players that potentially be a big storage toon. Other people has other goals that may make better economic sense.

That means I need 100 incentive for 2 new characters and 2 characters only.
    I created 2 new characters when mod 15 landed. In order to get 100 incentive within one character, one could not start too late.
    You put every XP booster you can get into the new character (veteran players know what to do).
    Bring the character to the level that you can start to do AI campaign as soon as possible. After that, your new character do not need to do much for leveling. You need to do: (1) invocation, (2) AI campaign (which is time gated). Of course, you should also get the normal free bags too. That is all I did to raise 2 new characters to level 70 in mid December. They both got their 100 incentive on Monday.

For the not so straight forward way:
    Other season players look for companion tokens. i.e. they don't need to have all incentive to be kept in 2 characters. If they are 'hardworking' enough, they can get 200 incentive in a few days and don't care about AI.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    friimyndfriimynd Member Posts: 4 New User
    interesting that people can't see the benefit of inviting new players to the game via a 'recruitment event'
    i used it as an opportunity or incentive to create a 2nd account and a couple of new characters for my 'one of each' milestone, yeah i'm not a 'veteran', but i've played a bit
    about grinding and stuff; you aren't meant to get every damn thing, but the possibility could exist, given the right combination of factors; isn't it better to enjoy the journey?
  • Options
    jamvarujamvaru Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    well, an interesting challenge to recruit new players
    did they manage to work out all the bugs?