test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mask Witness Achievement

Very difficult achievement to get... but not impossible. Just stay for a long time near an illusionist, hoping for a trasformation into Mask. My question is: how often does an illusionist turn into Mask? 3 hours or more ? could someone answer my question please ?
Laksmi ---> splendid DC
Purple Knight ---> scoundrel TR
Surya Namaskar ---> strong GWF
Golia ---> fair GF
Nausicaa ---> dark SW
Pallyda ---> growing up OP

Comments

• Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Yeah, that one is mainly meant for the hardcore Protector's Enclave Pumpkin Grinders. I've got it on two of my characters (I have an underdeveloped D.C. I'm working on turning into a decent healer. The mask, broom mount, and scarecrow are perfect for them.). Spending literally days running around the Enclave picking Pumpkins and harassing Illusionists is really the only way to get that stuff if you only have a couple of days to grind it out (R.L. just has NO respect for MMO grinding plans).

I don't have an exact time, but it can't be more than a couple of times per day, tops.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    eltecheltech Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    I got it on my main about 1/2hr after I began the event, just standing around minding my own business... I don't even know what it was for :p
  • Options
    thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    Well it was not really too hard to get. I didn't even try for it and got it on one of my characters.
  • Options
    rishikesa#0564 rishikesa Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    Yes it's not too hard to get if you are lucky ! But you must stand near an illusionist when he is turning into Mask, the king of all illusions. Every illusionist turns into Mask maybe just once a day, or maybe less..
    Laksmi ---> splendid DC
    Purple Knight ---> scoundrel TR
    Surya Namaskar ---> strong GWF
    Golia ---> fair GF
    Nausicaa ---> dark SW
    Pallyda ---> growing up OP
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    I got that on on my main during the very first Halloween event entirely by accident. Didn't even realize what happened when the notification popped up. I don't really run content much on my alts, so I don't have a sense of how often that sort of thing happens, but if there's an achievement in play, it's probably more likely than it seems. There's what, 15 or 20 illusionists walking around in PE? If each one does it once a day, that's like once per hour and a half or so (fuzzy math). Mostly it's being in the right place at the right time I think.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    kvet said:

I got that on on my main during the very first Halloween event entirely by accident. Didn't even realize what happened when the notification popped up. I don't really run content much on my alts, so I don't have a sense of how often that sort of thing happens, but if there's an achievement in play, it's probably more likely than it seems. There's what, 15 or 20 illusionists walking around in PE? If each one does it once a day, that's like once per hour and a half or so (fuzzy math). Mostly it's being in the right place at the right time I think.

Yes, I did not know about that achievement until seeing this thread. I have one character who got the achievement in PE when I was logging him out. Hence, I did not even have a chance to see what that was. Now, I know. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    The rate at which Illusionists turn into Mask must have been turned up significantly this year. It used to be very rare and I don't remember seeing the moving ones do it at all. It seems to be random, regardless. Some nights I see it multiple times while farming and some nights not at all.

Generally if you don't luck out and get it accidentally, just park your character in from an Illusionist for awhile. I've got it on all eleven characters.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother