test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question About New Workshop

2»

Comments

• mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    Okay, I just ran through several starts in the workshop mission on test gathering workers and it was as I had said.

In 5 cases I got a second copy of that worker and they were identical to each other. Two each of Akkya Petalwind (adventurer), Kolneg Stouthammer (adventurer), Cord Brackman (armorer), Erwan Laurent (armorer), and Jenifyr Liamnoen (armorer) at level 70. The pairs were clones. No difference.

I also got a third copy of Elend Legrande (adventurer) and in all three cases they were identical.

It doesn't matter who you are, if someone is talking about Elend Legrande at level 70 then they are talking about an adventurer with 360 proficiency, 345 focus, a -25% commission, 0% speed, and 10% passion project.

There is no randomization of worker abilities.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited November 2018

I'm not checking your math, but yes, a - % speed value means that tasks complete faster just as a -% commission means that tasks will cost you less.

It doesn't work that way. - commision is better as you posted, but -speed is bad and completes slower. You want +speed for faster workers.

The slower speed workers can still have a use for short tasks and overnight tasks when you don't want the chest to get full and stop other tasks.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

Well, it would be news to me if it worked otherwise.

Hmm. I seem to have failed to communicate clearly. Let me first apologize for that and now I'll try again. What I was trying to ask about is whether or not an artisan by the same name could have different stats. For example, can Rinn Giroud have different special abilities? Or will he always have the same special ability? Will the chance to activate that ability differ? Can his speed and commission modifiers vary? Such as could I get a Rinn Giroud that has -75% speed and 200% commission, whereas you might get one with 0% speed and 25% commission?

I hope that clears up what I was trying to say and ask. I ask because, the last time I played around with hiring a ton of artisans, the artisans' stats all seemed to be RNG'd. Of course, at that time you could still end up with two, three, or more copies of an artisan with the same name, just with different stats.
    -75% speed

Does it mean that a task that runs for 1h now will then run 5-6h?

Now with common worker gathering task is 8h each
    Then with common worker and -75% speed 1 gathering will be like whole day or longer?

-75% speed would turn a one hour task into a 4 hour task.

A way to picture it: if you drive to a place at 60 Km/miles per hour, you will cover 60 Km/miles in one hour. If you reduce your speed of 60 by 75%(60X.75=45 then 60-45=15), you would be traveling at 15 Km/miles per hour and would take 4 hours to cover the same 60 Km/miles.
    zephyriah said:

I'm not checking your math, but yes, a - % speed value means that tasks complete faster just as a -% commission means that tasks will cost you less.

It doesn't work that way. - commision is better as you posted, but -speed is bad and completes slower. You want +speed for faster workers.

The slower speed workers can still have a use for short tasks and overnight tasks when you don't want the chest to get full and stop other tasks.
    Yes, that's right.

I always want to get that backwards. That the project takes 75% less time instead of it being that the worker is 75% slower.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    @mithrosnomore Thank you very much for doing that checking!
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

Okay, I just ran through several starts in the workshop mission on test gathering workers and it was as I had said.

In 5 cases I got a second copy of that worker and they were identical to each other. Two each of Akkya Petalwind (adventurer), Kolneg Stouthammer (adventurer), Cord Brackman (armorer), Erwan Laurent (armorer), and Jenifyr Liamnoen (armorer) at level 70. The pairs were clones. No difference.

I also got a third copy of Elend Legrande (adventurer) and in all three cases they were identical.

It doesn't matter who you are, if someone is talking about Elend Legrande at level 70 then they are talking about an adventurer with 360 proficiency, 345 focus, a -25% commission, 0% speed, and 10% passion project.

Except that until last build we couldn't get clones, if you have one worker wouldn't get the same named one again. That gave a lot of meaning to the total number of Artisan slots, it allowed to keep the bad, while cycling the last slot, thus removing (N - 1) bad Artisans from the RNG (Where N number of slots). Looks like they broke it too now, so buying Artisans can give you the same crappy artisan even if you already have an army of the same.
    edited November 2018
    micky1p00 said:

Except that until last build we couldn't get clones, if you have one worker wouldn't get the same named one again. That gave a lot of meaning to the total number of Artisan slots, it allowed to keep the bad, while cycling the last slot, thus removing (N - 1) bad Artisans from the RNG (Where N number of slots). Looks like they broke it too now, so buying Artisans can give you the same crappy artisan even if you already have an army of the same.
    You misunderstand.

I had several characters collecting these guys.

I just logged a toon in, did the workshop start-up until it was application time, looked at those four workers, and then moved to a different toon.

When you can copy a single character over to test multiple times it makes it easy. Just pick one that has a level 25 skill, pick that as your starting skill every time (I chose armorer but it could have been anything as long as it's the same one each time), and then just go through the motions.

You will get two adventurers and two craftsmen of whatever type you choose each time. Do it enough times and workers that you got on other characters will start showing up.