test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

⛅ Classic & Company Sets 500 IL Update

someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
Can we get "500 Item Level" versions of previously released obsolete "classic" sets?
Cryptic do you have any plans to release them?
Twined Rope of Dexterity
Owlbear Leather Belt of Intelligence
Company gear
etc.
Rimuru?
Dead 🔪

Comments

• tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    They are not obsolete, for certain classes, it's still BIS and comparable to orcus set.

It's the brand new stuff who is obsolete ;)
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

They are not obsolete, for certain classes, it's still BIS and comparable to orcus set.

It's the brand new stuff who is obsolete ;)

Indeed - I stupidly swapped out some lower iL stuff like this which was awesome for newer higher iL stuff which probably isn't as good as the old stuff was.

I would rather see the older BiS stuff be given some love and a newer higher iL
    Sorry, but I would rather like to see new stuff who is better than the old one.
    That's just plain non sense that the new stuff isn't better than the old one
  • seveninchbladeseveninchblade Member Posts: 75 Arc User

Not necessarily. All that does is ensure excessive power-creep beyond what we already have. I also find that it's a valuable indicator of those who know their class vs those that just chase IL.
    Charisma was my dump stat.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Question, whether it's "old stuff given some lovin'" and elevated to IL 500 or "new stuff" brought out at IL 500 - what's the difference?

Players still have the ability to obtain IL 500 accoutrements, and I'm not sure those so called "new items" are actually "new", so much as previously undiscovered so I can see how players won't always find "new stuff" with higher item levels than previously discovered items.

But power-creep aside, the game should occasionally offer some sets with better or different stats, like they did with the Barovia set. Those new sets don't necessarily have to have higher item levels, but some inherent addition like ' gives party members +2 recovery and power', ' gives party +2 effectiveness against ogres or demons, or in Stronghold', something like we see with some artifact sets would be nice.

Some of the old level 60 epic gear sets, that I still wear as transmutes, used to have bonuses like that and they were great - so great in fact that Cryptic decided to nerf them and do away with the gear bonuses they offered all together. But something like that for new or previously undiscovered items would be nice.

Cryptic wants more people to play together as a group, having gear sets that complement and enhance each other when players are in a party - like they used to, would probably go a long way to making that happen.

My 2¢
    DD~
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Well, there should be a "perfect" version anyway. Maybe with a different set bonus. And for the new level cap.

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Twined_Rope_of_Dexterity
    https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Greater_Twined_Rope_of_Dexterity
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
    edited October 2018

Not necessarily. All that does is ensure excessive power-creep beyond what we already have. I also find that it's a valuable indicator of those who know their class vs those that just chase IL.
    What's the point of making new stuff if there is no use to get them ?
    New content should be a little harder than older one, giving better stuff. Power creep is real.

The fact that power is not under control is an other problem.

Just tell me, which piece of this new stuff is better than one piece which is already obtainable ? Is it what you expect for a new mod?

I can't even quote the site where i found this image, but true player will know where it comes from.
  • seveninchbladeseveninchblade Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    What I expect out of a new mod is enjoyment. That enjoyment has no need to be coupled to a gear/IL treadmill. I've already seen the Gallant gear, I may use some of it as transmogs, but that's about it. That doesn't bother me. It's not like all MMOs require constant gear progression to be successful.
    Charisma was my dump stat.
    edited October 2018

What I expect out of a new mod is enjoyment. That enjoyment has no need to be coupled to a gear/IL treadmill. I've already seen the Gallant gear, I may use some of it as transmogs, but that's about it. That doesn't bother me. It's not like all MMOs require constant gear progression to be successful.

Ok, i respect that ;)

My enjoyment of a new mod looks like yours, but I need good rewards ( like better stuff) in order to play new content. If i don't feel rewarded by playing the new content, my enjoyment of the game decreases.
This discussion has been closed.