test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Getting more base power?

jaolez#7794 jaolez Member Posts: 27 Arc User
edited October 2018 in The Temple
Hi all

I'm back looking for even more advice please (one day I might even contribute something useful, but I wouldn't hold too much hope on that one)

I'm level 70, have an IL of 11.5k and was running DO in groups. Obviously with the incoming Terrifying Insight nerf, DO in groups is going to be a lot less viable so am starting to think about playing AC more.

Problem is, my base power is 24k, which is probably a bit weak for this role. I'm confused as to what to do next to get it higher, so far I have mostly primal armour, beaded rings for double offense slots, con artist for three rings slots (and beaded in all of them) and radiants in every offensive slot (rank 8 at the moment).

What do I do next? I have refined the Sigil of Devotion to legendary but everything else is epic. I'm in a guild but it's a casual play one, so no real boons there (I've done Shar, ToD, ME, some of ID and have any power boons from them).

So what's my best plan - refine all these radiants up? refine items up? refine everything up? Are there any better items I can chase? If so, how do I do this? Are there certain instances where better power based items drop?

Can I still be of any use if I can't get it much higher? Will the buffs, debuffs and AA still be useful, or is it literally a case of get 40k base power or be of no use?

As always, massively grateful for any help and advice

Comments

• vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    Firstly, radiants on your companion does not contribute to Base Power used in power sharing, it only increases your personal power. See here for a list of things which contribute to base power. It would be more useful to slot offensive enchants which help your cleric perform better e.g. recovery (or critical strike/armor penetration if you've reached the effective soft cap for recovery).

As an AC cleric, the first thing you should sort out is your AP gain. Once you have a good rotation, and items/feats etc which give you fast and reliable AP gain for Anointed Army, then look to building up your power.

The BIS (best in slot) rings for powersharing cleric are the Rings of the Gravestriker +5 and +4 (you need both of each type, as you cannot benefit from the effects of two +5 / or two +4). These are obtained by doing the patrol quests in Omu, however there is only about a 3% chance of getting one in a chest, so this requires some farming (only 6 maps/chests per week per character) and a healthy dose of RNG. These rings give +1000/+800 power if your health is > 85%, and has both offensive slots.

It goes without saying that Radiant enchants in your offensive slots on your character (not your companion) are BIS for a pure powersharing cleric. For your defensive slots, the BIS ones are the 3-stat enchantments which increase Defense/Deflection/Lifesteal (i.e. Black Ice Enchantments) combined with your mount power Assassin's Covenant (10% decreaed defense/deflection/lifesteal which is converted into power). Hence, this also means any of your Feats which increase these 3 stats, will also be converted into power with this mount power.

Next are items and artifacts. There are a number of headgear that improves power (e.g. Rex Corona, Decaying Habit, Guise of the Wolf clan). Any of these are good for a powersharing cleric. For the chestpiece, is the Faithlord's Restoration Chasuble (a Ravenloft piece), and for the arms it is the Primal Restoration Iskrinis. Your waist and belt pieces should feature power and preferably any of the defensive stats (to factor with Assassin's Covenant). Interestingly the Mantle of Atropal Essence has the best stat distrbution, and for the waist the Beaded Sash has reasonably nice stats. Artifacts which help improve power include anything which has +1000 power at legendary, but which also combines recovery (if you still are building up a good rotation/AP gain) or any of those 3 defensive stats (because of Assassin's Covenant). The Tome of Ascendance is BiS, but the Sigil of the Devoted is also good if you need the AP gain, or the Wheel of Elements if you want to help buff the DPS in your party.

Lastly, your Mount equip power and Guild Boons help improve power. The mount equip power is from any mount that gives a +2000/+4000 bonus (epic/legendary); however, some clerics use the AP gain mount equip power here if they still require help with AP gain. For your Guild boons, help your guild build up their Barracks (for a 1000-8000 power bonus) and a Temple or Stable for the Lifesteal/Defense bonus (again combined with Assassin's covenant).

Hope that helps!
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    Firstly, Radiants on your companion does not contribute to Base Power used in power sharing, it only increases your personal power. See here for a list of things which contribute to base power. It would be more useful to slot offensive enchants which help your cleric perform better e.g. recovery (or critical strike/armor penetration if you've reached the effective soft cap for recovery).

As an AC cleric, the first thing you should sort out is your AP gain. Once you have a good rotation, and items/feats etc which give you fast and reliable AP gain for Anointed Army, then look to building up your power.

The BIS (best in slot) rings for powersharing cleric are the Rings of the Gravestriker +5 and +4 (you need both of each type, as you cannot benefit from the effects of two +5 / or two +4). These are obtained by doing the patrol quests in Omu, however there is only about a 3% chance of getting one in a chest, so this requires some farming (only 6 maps/chests per week per character) and a healthy dose of RNG. These rings give +1000/+800 power if your health is > 85%, and has both offensive slots.

It goes without saying that Radiant enchants in your offensive slots on your character (not your companion) are BIS for a pure powersharing cleric. For your defensive slots, the BIS ones are the 3-stat enchantments which increase Defense/Deflection/Lifesteal (i.e. Black Ice Enchantments) combined with your mount power Assassin's Covenant (10% decreaed defense/deflection/lifesteal which is converted into power). Hence, this also means any of your Feats which increase these 3 stats, will also be converted into power with this mount power.

Next are items and artifacts. There are a number of headgear that improves power (e.g. Rex Corona, Decaying Habit, Guise of the Wolf clan). Any of these are good for a powersharing cleric. For the chestpiece, is the Faithlord's Restoration Chasuble (a Ravenloft piece), and for the arms it is the Primal Restoration Iskrinis. Your waist and belt pieces should feature power and preferably any of the defensive stats (to factor with Assassin's Covenant). Interestingly the Mantle of Atropal Essence has the best stat distrbution, and for the waist the Beaded Sash has reasonably nice stats. Artifacts which help improve power include anything which has +1000 power at legendary, but which also combines recovery (if you still are building up a good rotation/AP gain) or any of those 3 defensive stats (because of Assassin's Covenant). The Tome of Ascendance is BiS, but the Sigil of the Devoted is also good if you need the AP gain, or the Wheel of Elements if you want to help buff the DPS in your party.

Lastly, your Mount equip power and Guild Boons help improve power. The mount equip power is from any mount that gives a +2000/+4000 bonus (epic/legendary); however, some clerics use the AP gain mount equip power here if they still require help with AP gain. For your Guild boons, help your guild build up their Barracks (for a 1000-8000 power bonus) and a Temple or Stable for the Lifesteal/Defense bonus (again combined with Assassin's covenant).

Hope that helps!
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • jaolez#7794 jaolez Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Hi Vordayn
    that is incredibly helpful! Thank you
    Gives me plenty to go on :)
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I asked Sharp about the 'target number' for power to beat Terrifying Insight in m15 and he said it was 20k. Essentially then, if you are geared enough to maintain AA you are probably going to exceed that. As said then, being able to run the rotation is the primary thing.

As for items a lot have been covered. Radiant in Offense, Black Ice for Defense. 2 or 3 Assassin's Covenant mounts. Artifacts with Power at 1k and as many of the Assassins stats as possible. Recovery os a good choice as well. Alternatively, Black Dragon Heart is becoming popular. While not good for powershare directly, it can be used to supplement Recover using Artificers bonus. Many people are talking about double dailies being a thing. I am skeptical but time will tell.

Reinforcement kits on armor can add 800 power. These may be harder to get in m15, I don't think the recipes exist yet in the professions rework.

Both Skull Lord and Atropal neck and waist have useful stats. One of the pieces is slightly better but the difference is likely to be less than 200 power.

Barovian set with Thirst artifact has some buzz about it. Barkshield enchant procs the bonus for a constant 1k power, but the stats aren't good. I think the net gain is only 500 or so and you are stuck with an AC cloak instead of AP gain.

Skeleton pet at Epic or better grants 600 power as an active bonus (this counts) so be sure to farm one in the fast approaching Masquerade event. Archmage Apprentice shares the bonus so that us a good pet. There is an augment with 1k power coming in m15 (don't use it summined obviously) Ghost, Sellsword and one or more of the lizard pets grant power as active bonuses.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • jaolez#7794 jaolez Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Thanks as always Pitshade :)

So it seems my best plan is to hit Chult first and then make my way into Ravenloft? I've done the intros to both but not a lot more as was running dailies etc (I will never make enough AD this way to buy anything better than Primals, which I'm already kitted out with).

Out of general interest, presumably an AC is still of use if below 40k base power? Guessing AA, BtS, DG etc still add value and are of some use? It's kind of discouraging reading online guides as they mostly imply 40k+ base power is the minimum to be of use with an AC build, but with the incoming TI nerf, it creates a real problem for more casual players like me as it leaves us wondering how we add value to groups after this .. perhaps not in real top end stuff, but doubt I'll ever get there anyway :)
    40k power may have been true a long time ago but certainly not since the bonding nerf a year back. Right now the target number is 55k or something close. However, this is just when damage buffs are the only consideration, that us premade parties with endgame characters. For solo queuing with less optimized people, SC wins out due to the increased mitigation.

In mod 15, it likely won't matter. AC is the only game in town outside of niche (expensive) DPS DO builds. Get your Recovery and AP gain up, stack what power you have and you will be an asset to your parties. Endgame groups might expect certain things beyond that, but that is the nature of endgame. You have to work to get there. An 11k cleric running with similarly geared parties shouldn't be held to an impossible standard.
    Barovia is a bit rough in DC. If you have your armor pen to 85 RI and keep your wits about you - don't overpull mobs - it is doable. But if you try and pull the entire Taken HE at once that can be painful. 9 mobs with some CC attacks and our AoE only hits 5 at a time... Just be careful and if you run into trouble, run with a friend or just wait. As a DC you can probably get a spot in hunt groups regularly, which can be quite useful.