test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leatherworking Masterwork IV

Hello, I'm here to report a bug which was quite spread on the Masterwork tasks but was supposed to be fixed.
1) I have the quest "Hide and Seek" active on my Journal (Leatherworking Masterwork - from step III to step IV) obtained in Port Nyanzaru.
2) After speaking to the proper NPC, she gives you a list of stuff to craft (Manticore Assault Coat, Manticore Assault Vest, Manticore Raid Vest).
3) I have all the 3 of them in my inventory but the quest does not recognize them and so does not progress.
4) Since I took the quest at the very beginning, once the new Masterworks were just arrived, I dropped the quest and took it back. Same result.

Expected result:
The quest should recognize my items and allow to speak to the NPC to go on with the Masterworks.

What really happens:
Nothing.

What should I do? Is that a known bug not yet fixed? Or there is way to solve it and progress with the quest?

Comments

• spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    What has helped me so far with similar issues (assuming you have the correct items in inventory) is to toggle the item protection a few times, then make it so none of these items are protected and then *switch instance*. It seems that when you switch instance, the inventory snapshot is refreshed and the new items are typically recognized.
    Please let me know if this has worked. I am starting leatherworking mw myself now so would be good to know what to expect.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

Hello, I'm here to report a bug which was quite spread on the Masterwork tasks but was supposed to be fixed.
    1) I have the quest "Hide and Seek" active on my Journal (Leatherworking Masterwork - from step III to step IV) obtained in Port Nyanzaru.
    2) After speaking to the proper NPC, she gives you a list of stuff to craft (Manticore Assault Coat, Manticore Assault Vest, Manticore Raid Vest).
    3) I have all the 3 of them in my inventory but the quest does not recognize them and so does not progress.
    4) Since I took the quest at the very beginning, once the new Masterworks were just arrived, I dropped the quest and took it back. Same result.

Expected result:
    The quest should recognize my items and allow to speak to the NPC to go on with the Masterworks.

What really happens:
    Nothing.

What should I do? Is that a known bug not yet fixed? Or there is way to solve it and progress with the quest?

It is a known bug, but has not been consistently reproduced to find a solution. In addition to what Spelldazer said about the protection fix, mailing the items to yourself has been a way to fix for some or putting the items in the shared bank, relogging and then taking them out.
  • finalalex#7864 finalalex Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Thank you all for the suggestions. They were useful.

I solved in this way:
    1) While the items were in my inventory, I removed the protection from them all.
    2) I opened the bank and put an item at random in the account bank. This action refreshed the list of items in my inventory.
    3) Without the protection previously removed, the refresh allowed the game to recognize the items.
    4) The quest progress was regular as expected.

In conclusion:
    When an item is obtained from a profession, it is not recognized immediatly by the quest. It is necessary to refresh the inventory after this event. Set it as "protected" prevent the quest to recognize it once the item list is refreshed (bank, travelling, changing instance, etc.).
  • spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Glad it worked out. Thanks for updating. :)