test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need help on some basic cleric questions

jaolez#7794 jaolez Member Posts: 27 Arc User
Hi all

Some of these questions are very basic, but any help would be much appreciated .. (I'm a DO)

1. Buff stacking - I play on the assumption that buffs stack (Terrifying Insight, Divine Glow etc) but I don't actually know this for a fact, would be reassuring to have this confirmed :)

2. Terrifying Insight - does it work if I'm not grouped, e.g. zone heroics? What distance does it work at? The description in the game is a bit vague

3. On the subject of vague descriptions, Brilliant Divine Glow reads as just being a less effective version of a normal DG, yet many guides suggest BDGs in rotations .. I don't get why.

4. Can anyone suggest some decent rotations for buffing/debuffing? at the moment I go with Brand of the Sun, Astral Seal (for heal or SF for temp HP), normal DG (as I'm confused on point 3 above), BDG (for reasons I'm not sure of), BtS, Prophesy (to try and time kill to get AP, so can trigger Hallowed Ground quicker), empowered BtS .. then HG for daily as often as possible. Can I improve this? Guessing so :)

Many thanks in advance ..

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    1) As a general rule Buffs stack and they do so multiplicatively. Additional buffs increase the total damage including the extra damage from previous buffs. Most buffs don't stack with themselves though. All in all, this is why endgame parties can destroy bosses in seconds.

2) TI is a buff for everyone in your party, including yourself. If you are alone, you are a party of one. It has no effect on anyone you aren't grouped up with. If you are doing a BH not in a party, you get the buff but no one else. (don't cold invite people to party, that is cancer) There is a major change coming to TI in m15 however.

3) Divine glow and its divine form stack with each other.

4) The stock rotation is DG, [tab]dg, bts, bts[tab] bts. I usually apply BotS before hand so it will start building divinity (this is getting destroyed in a horrible QoL fail in mod 15) Place PoD as convenient. I usually do it first when running DO. I use Lance of Faith as my other atwill just to build divinity. Sacred Flame shouldn't be slotted. The temporary HP are minuscule and not helpful.
    Post edited by pitshade on
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • jaolez#7794 jaolez Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Thanks Pitshade, that's really helped! :) much appreciated ..
  • jaolez#7794 jaolez Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    do we know yet what the changes to TI will be?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The power is changing so that the buff to one's own damage is increasing but the buff to everyone else is less. I think the numbers are 30%/10% but not certain.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • aerhythia#3255 aerhythia Member Posts: 173 Arc User

2. Terrifying Insight - does it work if I'm not grouped, e.g. zone heroics? What distance does it work at? The description in the game is a bit vague

TI doesn't, almost every if not every other DC buff does however, so during heroic or trials with more then 5 players Hallowed Ground, BtS, FF (and AA if you're AC) is worth using.