test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Copy of....(maybe add a date / time?)

manufracturemanufracture Member Posts: 92 Arc User
So one of my quests keeps showing up as "copy of name" with the original sitting outside of the campaign. I have tried deleting one but it keeps returning.

And just as a thought, would it be possible to added the date and time of the last edit made for the quest? With this "copy of" issue I need to open each quest and scrutinise it and then decide which one is the latest and delete the other one.

Comments

• Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I haven't done much with the campaign feature, but when I tried this, it seemed to be something you use after all the chapters are all finished. When I make a duplicate of a quest (for maps/characters) I rename it, such as; Part 3 or WIP.

Also I make back up copies to my hard drive, using the export command in chat /ugcEditorExportProjectSafe projectnamehere.txt However there is still no working import feature to install the saved file. I do this to mainly in the futile hope, should the project get lost in the next update, I could rebuild it using the information (dialog, positions, map info) saved within the text file. I really wonder why we have no working import feature, do you realize the UGC content we could share between authors? It would be amazing. Most of these text files don't even consume half a megabyte.

I agree that "Copy of" could be changed to a suffix of mmddyy (100718) or ddmmyy (071018) would be simple enough to understand.
    Best wishes on your project <3
    wb-cenders.gif