test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game too easy, no challenge -boring

unangwataunangwata Member Posts: 183 Arc User
This game is now more about consumption and virtual materialism than a gaming. Too easy, gets boring fast unless you hook into collecting stuff. Dungeons are joke below max level, at max they are too easy, no tactics like dungeons supposed to be.
Campagins are useless.. you don't need those boons because.. game too easy. And you get superior gear once you start recent campaign=playing is pointless. As far as I know game supposed to offer challenge so you get satisfaction once you complete it. No satisfaction here because there is no challenge.

Comments

• Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    So try another character, you may be good enough and have ground out enough equipment that stuff is no challenge for you, but for many of us, the game is plenty challenging enough.

That said, a "Master mode" or the equivalent of hunt cards to apply to dungeons would keep people like you happier I suspect.
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Go run CR naked and unarmed - now there's a challenge! And film it! :)

Just teasing - yeah for top end toons I feel your pain, but probably for 95% of the player base we cant solo run any end game content from CN upwards.
  • Options
    pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    Maybe this is not the game for you.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    Some challenge suggestions:

- Run an Archer-tree Stormwarden HR and make sure he/she isn't made of glass.
    - Run a Virtuous-tree Anointed Champion healbot DC.
    - Run an Oppressor Spellstorm CW built for maximum control strength instead of DPS.

I have all three, and they are in fact the first three toons I created, in order. The top one is, of course, my main.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    Perhaps it is time for there to be a dedicated "Hard-Mode" and "Nightmare-Mode" instance for all game areas?

These "Hard-Mode" and "Nightmare-Mode" instances could (in theory) offer superior item drops and greater RAD as an incentive for solo players and parties to tempt the fates.
    "Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I am in for Hardmode... But I this game it might look like getting simply downscaled in stats, done.
    Dark Souls "naked run" might be a better solution.
    The real problem in this game is the fact, that devs have to waste time on stuff that needed to be addressed at the release 5 years ago...
  • Options
    constantmule#4943 constantmule Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    unangwata said:

This game is now more about consumption and virtual materialism than a gaming. Too easy, gets boring fast unless you hook into collecting stuff. Dungeons are joke below max level, at max they are too easy, no tactics like dungeons supposed to be.
    Campagins are useless.. you don't need those boons because.. game too easy. And you get superior gear once you start recent campaign=playing is pointless. As far as I know game supposed to offer challenge so you get satisfaction once you complete it. No satisfaction here because there is no challenge.

i would like to see more mechanics involved but im not sure what they can really do about that, the game may be pretty much pushed to its limits about how complicated a boss fight can be. not only that but i still see many players struggle to figure out some of the mechanics we already have.

other than that if it were to suddenly jump in difficulty much more than it is now half the classes would be gone.

campaigns are a useless waste of time for the most part...i mean really wait a day for some bar to fill up? ...of HAMSTER...4 times? ...7 even just to get a slight bonus to some stat? the whole daily/weekly thing is something i hate, people like me who can not play every single day come to the game on the weekend log in and play for like 2 hours doing dailies...then what..farm AD? i like this game a lot, but is far from my favorite that i play because of that.
  • Options
    rystonryston Member Posts: 1 New User
    This is really my concern.

The Wife is hooked on this game, so I'm being forced to tag along, hoping that maybe as I progress the game will get more interesting... but right now it's just really easy and really grindy, and I don't see much promise for that to change.

I'll try the oppressor spell storm CW build suggested by hustin1... maybe that will help, but ... I guess I am anticipating another Poke'mon Go shaped disappointment.