test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

would love to see Warforged race and artificer class added to game ...

wemerywemery Member Posts: 190 Arc User
Would love to see Warforged race and artificer class added to game ...

Comments

• Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    I think they'd be fun additions. I enjoyed playing an Artificer when I played DDO.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Wrong world. Warforged are Eberron-specific. Neverwinter is Toril/Forgotten Realms.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    wemerywemery Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I would like to point out dragon magazine issue 371 Origin Stories: Incorporating Races. ..
    That tells how the red wizards make warforged
    To expand on this, the 5 backgrounds include: a one off "wizard experiment," a product of one of the magical Red Wizard Enclaves (which aren't really affiliated with Thay anymore), coming from Ebberon by way of Sigil, travelling from the Returned Abeir nation of Gontal (possibly from a primordial's ancient shattered metallic fortress), and awakening after a century of slumber near post-Spellplagued ravaged Lantan. Of these backgrounds, the one about Lantan draws more heavily from pre-4th edition information. Prior to the Spellplague, Lantan was by far the most technologically advanced country on Faerûn (developing "smoke powder," flying machines and highly advanced clockwork mechanisms). Although there's not much left of the island nation now, it would be easy to see the occasional warforged "pop-up" near this area.