test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Weekly Campaign Limit

I think Neverwinter needs an item you can buy that allows a player to double the weekly campaign haul. That way if you fall behind when the new mod starts you can get your boons caught up faster and focus on the new campaign. Though I would make it only usable for the previous campaigns not the newest.

Just a thought!

Comments

• xdrecqxdrecq Member Posts: 8 New User
    I honestly never done a campaign enough to know there was a "weekly" limit. I knew there was obviously a daily one though. I get the daily limits even if they can be a bit of a drag, but a weekly one is a bit of stretch. Just in my opinion though.
    Drecq Lexenstar, Lvl. 70, Great Weapons Fighter (Human)
    Barthalomire, Lvl. 62, Paladin (Half-Orc)
    Sylfre Nordan, Lvl. 70, Guardian Fighter (Half-Elf)
  • dogawar79#8789 dogawar79 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    For sure daily grind isn't bad, having to wait weeks to finish old campaigns or buy the campaign buyout though is a little taxing, especially if you have a few alts.
    Just think it'd be nice to boost the speed of old campaigns for those who don't want to bypass it with tokens.
  • jeremytheman232jeremytheman232 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Good news if u have campaign complete on a main u can buy for 50kad only a campaign token to use on alts that cuts requirements in half
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    xdrecq said:

I honestly never done a campaign enough to know there was a "weekly" limit. I knew there was obviously a daily one though. I get the daily limits even if they can be a bit of a drag, but a weekly one is a bit of stretch. Just in my opinion though.

Actually, weekly is better than daily. The old system made you play everyday with a daily goal and limit. Players who could play every day would get ahead of players in the campaign that could not.

The newer system allows players who can only play a few days per week still play a weeks worth of campaign credits and stay caught up at least in campaign progression. They will still fall behind in the race to upgrade equipment most likely.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    xdrecq said:

The weekly limit is a newish addition. As far as I know, it is just Chult & Barovia. It might apply to the River District as well, but I have not spent enuff time there to say for sure.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User

Good news if u have campaign complete on a main u can buy for 50kad only a campaign token to use on alts that cuts requirements in half

...and a ton of campaign currencies.

For each Signet of Patronage you wish to make.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Signets are hardly worth it for certain campaigns unless you're really against running the content. There are some campaigns that are definitely helped by it.

Also, the signet is obviously only an option if he's running an alt. If he only has the one toon it's not an option.
    Signets are good for alts, but if you fall behind with your main then it'd be nice to have something to use to catch up to the current content. Otherwise it would take weeks before you can even make signets for alts.

Also farming the campaign to make them takes time and it kinda stinks to farm an old campaign just to catch up to the current one.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    The only campaigns that have weekly haul limits is Chult and Ravenloft.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    I know it's fairly new to the campaigns, but chult is a 2 part that is fairly long to completely finish. Working your way through the campaign, boons and the hunts is like a 2-3 months process depending on how much time you dedicate.

Assuming they intend to keep the weekly haul system, I just think it would benefit them to add something to boost hauls for previous campaigns for those who are casual gamers or took a break from Neverwinter.

That's just my opinion though.
  • shwabbashwabba Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    I prefer the weekly to the daily, because then i can spend a day knocking out the campaigns and have the rest of the week to farm AD, work on crafting, play alts, etc.